Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    hey guys...Of any intuition liner (or otherwise), which would you put in this boot for the highest volume/help with fit for skinny legs?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    hey guys...Of any intuition liner (or otherwise), which would you put in this boot for the highest volume/help with fit for skinny legs?
    I went for the powerwrap+ in a 26 for a 25 boot. Its a high-ish volume which hopefully will work better than the regular powerwrap I rocked last year

I've always had a powerwrap in my kryptons but switched to the cochise pro this year. I don't need the boot to be any stiffer and I'll be doing more and more touring, would you guys suggest the pro tour? Should I size up on the liner for the pro your as well or would I be better off going with a HV luxury liner?

I had the same banshees and made the swap to cochise. Haven't noticeably felt like it was too short or hingey...

For more comparison I skied the banshees with the spoiler removed and stock liners. Cochise with both stock and power wraps. Obviously power wrap is a bit taller in reality and feel, but the fit wasn't great for me. I've got the opposite of chicken legs/feet fwiw.

Flyman: how did you find the flex compared to banshee?

Just picked up the Cochise 120's in a 27.5. I have med-high volume, regular width, flat-assed foot. Got fitted at inner boot works in stowe. Was skiing the technica agent 100 in a 28.5 but the buckles were cranked all the way and the liner was shot after 4 seasons. I wear an 11 to 11.5 street shoe. They feel tight now but I have a solid finger doing a shell fit. The cochise are way lighter than my agents.

Last edited by salx; 10-27-2013 at 06:48 AM. Reason: my bad

Show me a Cochise with a 316mm bsl...

Take a 310 and punch the shit out of the toes... 6mm is an easy amount.

nvm.....

Can someone answer this for me (I apologize, as I am sure this has probably been asked before)? Is anyone out there skiing the Cochise 70% of the time inbounds? Out east? Any problems with play in the boot through time? Any issues? I would think that a lot of people are using the boot like this?

Yes, only issue for me after two seasons, one in NZ. As a follow up to earlier postings, my 130s have developed slight play in the cuff and also loosening of the canting adjustment bolt. Sole wear has been fantastic with tech soles (also no play there). Liner-wise I settled on an HV Dreamliner with foam glued on tongue and spine as also j bars for heel hold. I can still flex the boot to make the hikes and jump turns inherent to NZ skiing easy.

I don't think this boot is quite "there" for an inbounds boot. I skied them for half a season and they felt like AT boots inbounds. You are compromising, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by DARYLL View Post
    Zip Fit Classic or Tour (they also call the tour the diva). If they don't have the necessary volume out of the bag material can be added via arteries to the bladders in the tongue and on either side around the ankles/lower leg (these are the bulkiest zip out of the bag, and the cheapest).
    I love zips, and think they are by far the best thing out there. I have some classics that I am finally retiring after close to 300 days. Tons of material added of course. That said, way too heavy for a touring only boot - which is what I use these for.
    Drive slow, homie.

To make mine ski better I added a bunch more forward lean and a little more height to the back if the boot. It was much better on groomers. That might help, it might not.

If your boots develop play after an extended bit of time Tecnica can send you replacement parts, both walk mode and hinge bolts. The hinge bolts require a rivet press to replace so a decent shop would have to replace them but the walk mode is a snap to change out. The hinge bolts were upgraded again on the 13/14 boots. Harder metal, not sure how much.

Thanks for the info, would definitely like to raise the rear cuff touch but haven't bothered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I don't think this boot is quite "there" for an inbounds boot. I skied them for half a season and they felt like AT boots inbounds. You are compromising, in my opinion.
    I was thinking of getting the Lights for short tours around the resort and use them in the resort as well when I am not in my race boots. I am new to touring and would like to get started with something that even remotely resembles my inbound boots. Would the 130s be better? Would a specific liner make them the 60/40 inbounds/outbounds boot I am looking for (if so which one?). I am planning to do as much touring as possible on my Automatics/Guardian setup and take it from there since I am not willing to go tech immediately.

Thanks a lot.

Alex

130 = 97mm = narrower

120 = 100mm = medium

liners dont really matter that much.

My foot is a 9.5 US, DE width as measured on a Brannock scale.

I skied with the Bushwackers (Cochise little bro.) last year, thread on them somewhere here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...iew?highlight= I used them and a pair of mv powerwraps size 27 with instyprint footbed for patrolling last year, stomping around in walk mode as much as ski mode with DIN soles and I toured on them maybe 5 short tours with tech soles. They were alright but I found the interaction between the shell folds and the powerwrap seam folds over the instep a little annoying. Shell fit was a little more than a finger, let's say 1.25. I also broke the rubber clit buttons on the back that control the air bladder. (Don't care, between the tight shell fit and PW liner, never used it.)

ANYWAY...

For this year I have purchased a size 27 Cochise Pro Light with a size 27 MV dreamliner, plan to use the footbeds still. I really like the buckle-strap on the non-Light versions and the Bushwacker, so I was thinking I would drill some rivets and transfer the strap over, or use some Booster Straps. Anyone have any experience with that?

Also I am assuming that the DIN and tech soles for the older Bushwacker/Cochise models will be compatible. Is that correct or do I need to get some DIN soles?
    Last edited by Ivan Oder; 10-30-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Oder View Post
    My foot is a 9.5 US, DE width as measured on a Brannock scale.

I skied with the Bushwackers (Cochise little bro.) last year, thread on them somewhere here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...iew?highlight= I used them and a pair of mv powerwraps size 27 with instyprint footbed for patrolling last year, stomping around in walk mode as much as ski mode with DIN soles and I toured on them maybe 5 short tours with tech soles. They were alright but I found the interaction between the shell folds and the powerwrap seam folds over the instep a little annoying. Shell fit was a little more than a finger, let's say 1.25. I also broke the rubber clit buttons on the back that control the air bladder. (Don't care, between the tight shell fit and PW liner, never used it.)

ANYWAY...

For this year I have purchased a size 27 Cochise Pro Light with a size 27 MV dreamliner, plan to use the footbeds still. I really like the buckle-strap on the non-Light versions and the Bushwacker, so I was thinking I would drill some rivets and transfer the strap over, or use some Booster Straps. Anyone have any experience with that?

Also I am assuming that the DIN and tech soles for the older Bushwacker/Cochise models will be compatible. Is that correct or do I need to get some DIN soles?
    Transfering the power buckle over is a cinch. T-nuts you can buy at Home Depot will do the trick.

DIN soles from Bushwacker are compatible with all the new Cochise boots

Just got my 130 pros in the mail today. I have a somewhat wide foot, a narrow E i guess with a high instep and a narrow heel. I wear a 10.5-11 in my work boots and got a 27.5 boot. The 98mm last is pretty true to size I think, I'm coming out of a solly x3 and the Cochise is narrower, I may end up punching the toebox a little for width. The heel pocket feels pretty tight, I'm a wee bit nervous about it packing out though. Fit and finish seem pretty good, I like the liner so far, I don't see myself swappin it out anytime soon.

think evogear has all the manufacturer shell sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Adrider83 View Post
    Can someone answer this for me (I apologize, as I am sure this has probably been asked before)? Is anyone out there skiing the Cochise 70% of the time inbounds? Out east? Any problems with play in the boot through time? Any issues? I would think that a lot of people are using the boot like this?
    Yep that's how I use mine out west. No play

I got my 2013/14 Cochise Pro Lights last week but haven't skied them yet.

They are not much different from the Bushwacker etc... and the boot fittings do indeed swap.

It looks like they use the same cuff mold on all these boots, there are extra spots in the mold for the rivets/t-nuts just waiting to be drilled if you want to transfer the buckle/strap from a previous version of the boot.

I am thinking about using those extra rivet holes and putting in a set of Booster straps, attached from the back inside of the cuff so that I don't have to remove the stock strap.

I also got an Intuition Dreamliner and I have to say that I feel more comfortable in the stock Palau liner just wearing them around the house, it's definitely tighter on the toes and holds the
    heel a little better. YMMV. I should probably heat the Dreamliner even though it says you don't have to.

The stock Palau liner has a band of flexible material that helps the liner move back and forth when walking and comes with removable plastic reinforcement pads for the
    tongue and the back of the liner that stiffen it up quite a bit. Definitely a step up from the Bushwacker liner. The boots are very light compared to all my other boots.

Not a definitive review as I haven't even skied them yet, but time will tell. Gonna try it stock with just my custom orthotics and change one thing at a time to see if I like it.

Ah fuck it. Went ahead and drilled some rivets, got some T-nuts, yadda yadda yadda.

Sorry for shitty phone pictures. You get the idea though. Feels like a plug boot now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	null_zpse3e269aa.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	145115

Name:	null_zpsf51c681d.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	145114

Name:	null_zpsce346004.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	145116

Name:	null_zps2a98d80c.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	145117

just a quick question

Cochise 130 Pro have the same Volume (mold) as the Bodacious, right ?
    Only difference is the walk mode...

Thinking about adding the bodacious as a complete inbounds boot. (but also have a friend dropping his patron pros, but guess they are completely different fitwise...)

gear is always fun