Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I will add that I am a 27 Lange and 27 Titan user. Went down to the 26.5 130 Pro per Marshal's suggestion and it definitely is the right call for me.

Toebox w/ stock liner felt a tad bit short. Was quite surprised when I put my well used, stinky liner (sz 9 power wrap) molded to the Titan in and they felt perfect. On the basement floor with a beer in my hand they feel more 'alpine' than any boot with AT capabilities I have ever tried on.

Also, the plastic arch thingy weighs in at 34g per boot.

^^^How does the walk mode feel in the crucial "walking around the house" test?

As others have noted, remarkably smooth with no annoying clicking that tends to occur in other non-tounge/alpine style boots. Definitely no where near 60 deg cuff movement but there are TLT5's for that.
    Last edited by foreal; 09-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Does anyone know the bsl of the cochise 130 Pro in size 25?
    292mm Langes are hard on my toes, 307mm Black Diamonds are sloppy, I'm thinking the 25 Cochise might be a happy medium? (ya I know, TRY THEM ON, but the local shop isn't bringing in any 25s).
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

300mm

go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    I will add that I am a 27 Lange and 27 Titan user. Went down to the 26.5 130 Pro per Marshal's suggestion and it definitely is the right call for me.
    That is music to my ears. I'm usually in-between sizes, 27.5 shell sizes are too big & 26.5 too small. Sounds like the Cochise line in 26.5 should be just right. Looking forward to trying them on.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    300mm

Right on, sounds perfect.
    Do what you like, Like what you do.

yes, 25 is what you need Gwat. <end boot fitter hand wave>

soul will be stocking them in banff, and the 24 and 23 as well.... Stock should arrive early Oct... (and no PST) Think we are doing the 130pro (98mm) and the 110 or 120 (100mm last) in full size runs.

Can anyone expound on the improvements in the liner of the 120 vs. the production liner of last year's boot? Just curious as to what has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    Can anyone expound on the improvements in the liner of the 120 vs. the production liner of last year's boot? Just curious as to what has changed.
    Padding in the heal/ankle area is totally different. Much firmer/thicker material the will retain it's shape much longer. There will be much more definition in the heel and ankle area that will secure it and most of all that shape/definition will last a lot longer. There were very few samples of the Cochise 120 last spring. What few samples existed did have the new liner. I squeeze into a 28.5 and the samples were 26.5s so I couldn't personally verify that but the people I had try them on said it was much better. I'm pretty sure the material that's inside the Cochise 130 will also be used in the 120 liner.

All of the Cochise boots get a new tongue as well. New tongue will be higher and will have thicker internal padding. Some people complained about shin pain when flexing last year, the new tongue eliminates that. It does a better job of dissipating pressure.

^^^Great info, thanks. That could explain my shin pain with them last season. Loved the boots otherwise. Was going to try to mod boots with elastic booster strap, but maybe I'll exchange for this year's.

Got my 29.5 130 pros today, with din soles.

BSL is supposed to be 340, but swear to God they're 335? They match my other 335's, and don't think my eyes could be off that far?

Boot shell fits about they same as my other 29.5 boots, but stock liner is gonna be a no go for toe room. I'm about a finger for shell fit, so maybe a 30 would have been about right for stock?

Intuitions out of other boot feel about right, so probably do that.

Stock liner feels good around ankle, but no sign of heat mold, unless ankle area does?

measure the boot sole?

measure your foot length?

what other 29.5 boots do you ski in?
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Can't find a tape in the house, will try manana. Held the deferent boots sole to sole, and they're super close. Also click into my bindings.

No tape again, feet = 14AA. So long narrow foot with stubby little toes. Used to wear 12D before my arches fell, platar fasciitis, blah, blah, blah.

Other boots = Fischer RC4 & Nordica Hotrod

Seattle/Eastside mags: Sturtevant's in Bellevue has some Pro 130s in stock. Smallest size was a 27/27.5, so I tried on the Bodacious in my size (25) to get a feel for the volume/fit. Nice. Very similar to my ~6 year-old Lange 120 LFs (25.5). Heel pocket felt a little bigger, but nothing a powerwrap can't easily fix. Threw on the 27 Pro 130 just because. Hard to tell much from a boot so much bigger than my actual size, but the fit/finish looked great. Walk mode felt good. They did feel very heavy. I know Marshal's Blister piece said that, with Intuitions in both, the Pro was lighter than the Factor. When they get 25s in, I'll bring in my Factors and try to weigh both w/o liners to see. If the Pros are heavier than the Factors, it would be pretty hard to justify laying down the money for the Pros right now as the Factors have treated my very well and will probably make it through one more season.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    yes, 25 is what you need Gwat. <end boot fitter hand wave>

soul will be stocking them in banff, and the 24 and 23 as well.... Stock should arrive early Oct... (and no PST) Think we are doing the 130pro (98mm) and the 110 or 120 (100mm last) in full size runs.
    On the Tecnica site the Bodacious and Cochise Pro 130 only go down to a 25. Are they really making smaller sizes than a 25? Looks like they go down to a 22 on the Cochise light but not the burlier boots.

Cochise Pro and Bodacious (98mm last) only go down to a 25.0 right now. The 100mm last (Cochise 120-90 and Light) go
    down to a 22. If you want the Pro in anything smaller than a 25 you'll have to wait one more year unfortunately.

Seriously lusting the 120 but none of the shops around here are carrying them... Are there any good surrogates for shell sizing? 10.5 shoe & currently in 27.5 Speed Machine 12s...

Edit: read some of the thread I'd missed... so, Bodacious/Cochise 130 = same last and Demon = 110/120? Bushwacker = 110/120?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

yo man, i have a pretty big blister review on exactly that (sizing plus cochise 120 vs. pro light) going to be published in the next week or less...
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Anyone have any luck getting replacement soles for these? Mine are in pretty rough shape from the sled. Local technica guys aren't getting it done for me.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    yo man, i have a pretty big blister review on exactly that (sizing plus cochise 120 vs. pro light) going to be published in the next week or less...
    Cool, look forward to that. I also am wondering how to tell the 12/13 120's apart from last season's. From photos on REI, etc, they look identical. I'd like to know I'm getting the good new liners.

^^^Great info, thanks. That could explain my shin pain with them last season. Loved the boots otherwise. Was going to try to mod boots with elastic booster strap, but maybe I'll exchange for this year's.
    If it's just the liners that were giving you a problem, I had good luck with Powerwraps in mine. YMMV and all that, but might be worth a look.

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...hise-pro-light

review is live, to those that were curious.

long story short:

1. seriously consider downsizing 1 shell size from normal
    2. likely replace the liner if you downsize, or keep the liner if you don't.
    3. play around a little more with the boot
    4. go shred.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

There is a pair of Cochise 120's size 28.5 they are 2012 and the shop is in white plains NY pedigree ski shop you can pm me if you need any more info I need a size smaller they are probably a good amt less just a heads up for a good deal.

Cool, look forward to that. I also am wondering how to tell the 12/13 120's apart from last season's. From photos on REI, etc, they look identical. I'd like to know I'm getting the good new liners.
    It will be pretty much impossible to tell the 2011/12 from the 2012/13 from looking at both but once you slip your foot in
    it will be obvious. Sorry that doesn't help but if a shop has a Cochise 120 for sale right now there's a good chance that
    it's a 2011/12 boot (especially if they have limited sizes). The 2012/2013 boots didn't start shipping out from NH until
    the beginning of this week so shops should hopefully have them on the wall early next week.

Cochise Lights won't arrive form Yurp until 10/10 unfortunately.