Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21
    I run high volume luxury liners in my Cochise Pros and absolutely love it.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    I run high volume luxury liners in my Cochise Pros and absolutely love it.
    Any problems using a custom insole? Intuition's website says you can run the HV w/o - which I take to mean these puppies are THICK. I'm running a tight shell fit (I'm assuming that like most maggots you are too) and just wanna make sure that's a viable option.

2013 Tecnica Cochise boot line

My foot is pretty boxy and big, so the lowers fit me well. The uppers are on the big side for my skinny legs, but work just fine if I crank the buckles, so I don't think I really have your problem.

I could see the Luxury HVs working well too if you want to take up a bunch of space.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Pro Tour, a little softer but tours really well. I use the stock liner for inbounds. Trying the Scarpa Freedom liner this season - has the touring cutout like the Pro Tour, but should be stiffer with the plastic plate on it.

Yeah I can minimize the volume by cranking the buckles but the boot + Powerwrap becomes too stiff at that point. Can't flex it. So I need a thicker liner or something similar thickness to PW that doesn't flex as hard.

I think I'll get a Luxury HV and a Pro Tour. One of the two should work, and if both are OK I'll can use the Pro Tours for touring and Lux HVs inbounds.

Edit: I just noticed there are 2 additional tongue options for the Pro Tour, one of which is high volume. Maybe I can get away with just Pro Tour + HV tongue.
    Last edited by North; 10-14-2014 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Yeah I can minimize the volume by cranking the buckles but the boot + Powerwrap becomes too stiff at that point. Can't flex it. So I need a thicker liner or something similar thickness to PW that doesn't flex as hard.

I think I'll get a Luxury HV and a Pro Tour. One of the two should work, and if both are OK I'll can use the Pro Tours for touring and Lux HVs inbounds.

Edit: I just noticed there are 2 additional tongue options for the Pro Tour, one of which is high volume. Maybe I can get away with just Pro Tour + HV tongue.
    Anyone tried this? I was wondering the exact same thing

I bought a pair of Pro Tours two years ago on the group buy and found them much too thin for a large-volume shell (Skookum), & sold them unused. The Pro Tours are similar thickness to stock Maestrale liners or Palau stock liners in the Cochise Light. The stock liners in the Skookum/Typhoon/Mobe are much thicker, and are about the same as the Luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Any problems using a custom insole? Intuition's website says you can run the HV w/o - which I take to mean these puppies are THICK. I'm running a tight shell fit (I'm assuming that like most maggots you are too) and just wanna make sure that's a viable option.
    No issue, but if I were to use the stock insoles I would need bontex to fill space. I wear 13 street shoes but size 29 ski boots. I have very skinny ankles/feet so the high volumes luxury liners fill the boots out perfectly. Intuitions pack out quickly, why not get as much material as you can to start out with anyways?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    No issue, but if I were to use the stock insoles I would need bontex to fill space. I wear 13 street shoes but size 29 ski boots. I have very skinny ankles/feet so the high volumes luxury liners fill the boots out perfectly. Intuitions pack out quickly, why not get as much material as you can to start out with anyways?
    Haven't tried them, but I could argue the rate of compaction (packing out) would allow a longer life if you had less volume

But yeah, probably doesn't actually make a huge effective difference in the long run.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Can anyone comment on difference in stiffness between the 120s and the 130s? Don't love stiff boots, but am looking to reduce some of the ankle/instep volume in the 120s. Hoping the 130 is the ticket, but not if it is significantly stiffer. I weigh 160 fwiw

The new 2014 model (bright green) is lower across the instep and has a better fitting heel pocket. I'd go that route over the 130s which loose more width than hight to the 120s of previous years.

Random question, anyone know if the 90 is the same sizing as the 120?

Only boot I can find locally in a 25 to go try on.

I know the liner will likely be different but that will get junked anyway.

Answering my own question, they are.

Next question. Has anyone had these stretched at 5th met area?

Can get in the 25 length wise but this area is a bit tight....

2013 Tecnica Cochise boot line

They are very easy to stretch and the plastic holds a punch well. I would work with a decent boot fitter as the plastic is a bit temperamental when it comes to heating. It doesn't take much heat or pressure to stretch it.
    Last edited by wasatchback; 11-25-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    They are very easy to stretch and the plastic holds a punch well I would work with a decent boot fitter as the plastic is a bit temperament when it comes to heating. It doesn't take much heat or pressure to stretch it. .
    emphasis added. When I got back I went over temperatures for these boots with the other guys and gals. I marked one of mine a bit last spring when punching it. It does hold a punch exceptionally well. Easily my favorite plastic to work right now. Quick to punch, easy to sculpt or cut, and holds well. Just know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    They are very easy to stretch and the plastic holds a punch well I would work with a decent boot fitter as the plastic is a bit temperament when it comes to heating. It doesn't take much heat or pressure to stretch it. .
    double tap
    Last edited by XavierD; 11-25-2014 at 01:24 AM.

WestCoastPDR Guest
    Anyone have one of these lying around from when they took their boots out of the box?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1417504930.753244.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	897.7 KB 
ID:	160980

A few Q's here, I am currently in 2012 Lange RS 130's L.V's in a 26.5. The volume on these is OK, width is a little narrow, length is too long. I really need a lower volume ankle. Anyone know how the new 2014 Mach 1 120 or the Coshise 120 compares in heel volume/hold? I tried a size 26.5 on and I think that I would go with a 25.5 in the Technicas.

Mach 1 and Cochise are the same lower shell however the CAS liner in the Mach will give you much better heal and ankle hold. Maybe the most secure heal and ankle in a 100mm boot.

Has anyone tried the Intuition Pro Tongue in any of the Cochises?

I have the original 120s which have worked pretty well for me inbounds & out, but the liner is about gone after a couple of seasons. Trying Power Wraps in these presented the same problem as my old Titans, in that without the flexy plastic parts of the stock liner there was a dead spot at the top of the shell just waiting to brutalize shins. Looks like the pro tours have worked well for some (I haven't tried) but sacrifice some stiffness. I just ordered the pro tongues hoping they will be the answer to milking a couple more seasons out of these, will report back when they show up.

I have the HD race in my 130s. It works really well on the descent. Rivals the stock liner for the way up. Never skied the pro tongue
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement set of powerstraps (top buckle/strap thing)? Mine are falling apart at the seams and the velcro is not very sticky anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 1thenaton1 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can source a replacement set of powerstraps (top buckle/strap thing)? Mine are falling apart at the seams and the velcro is not very sticky anymore
    Sounds like a good opportunity to upgrade to booster straps.