Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Yup same lower shell.

Patron Pros and Bodacious will definitely fit differently

and cochise 105W is the 98mm shell too

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    just a quick question

Cochise 130 Pro have the same Volume (mold) as the Bodacious, right ?
    Only difference is the walk mode...

Thinking about adding the bodacious as a complete inbounds boot. (but also have a friend dropping his patron pros, but guess they are completely different fitwise...)

gear is always fun
    I just did this. Bodacious for alpine and cochise pros for touring.
    "College sailing isn't about who wins the most races, its about who can stand in the morning"

I have Demon 120s for inbounds and just picked up Cochise 120s for touring. I have one on each foot right now. I'm wondering why they just didn't put a walk mode on the Demon? Can someone please explain the design rationale behind the powerstrap/buckle combo that many crossover boots are using now? What's the big advantage vs the traditional 4 buckle + powerstrap? I just notice lower cuff and less progressive flex

Quote Originally Posted by Two06 View Post
    I have Demon 120s for inbounds and just picked up Cochise 120s for touring. I have one on each foot right now. I'm wondering why they just didn't put a walk mode on the Demon? Can someone please explain the design rationale behind the powerstrap/buckle combo that many crossover boots are using now? What's the big advantage vs the traditional 4 buckle + powerstrap? I just notice lower cuff and less progressive flex
    The Cochise is a demon with a walk mode man. Same mold.

You're just asking for one more buckle...

Advantages to combining the buckle and power strap is a bit of weight savings and when you're walking/skinning/hiking it's easier to just pop those buckles to get more ROM then have to deal with popping two buckles then having to undo the power strap and then getting snow in the Velcro.

Cuff height is the same on both. Flex difference is most likely due to the different plastics.

You actually used them yet?

Yeah I have been skiing them. They are pretty solid but not quite a Demon. The Cochise upper is totally different. I am using Surefoot liners and its easy to tell the cuff height is about 1 or 2 cm lower because of how much liner is showing (I can see two extra letters of 'Surefoot' on the tongue).

The less progressive flex I think is due to the triax plastic but also the different upper puts the 3rd buckle closer to the lower, allowing less space to flex before it is engaged. I will write a review but my initial thought are: 1. I wish they didn't switch plastics, Triax is not worth the weight savings. 2. They shouldnt have fucked with the upper so much. Its really not that hard to disengage 2 buckles and a power strap before skinning.

EDIT: I suppose both uppers are based on the same mold, when I say they are totally different I am referring to how it buckles and flexes and appears 1-2 cm lower, not the shape
    Last edited by Two06; 12-08-2013 at 04:08 PM.

And Velcro sucks that's why my Demon has a WC booster instead.

I'm confused how your demon is taller than your Cochise, unless you went up a size or two on the demon upper?

Change in flex could be based on how tight the Cochise power strap is. If cuff height is an issue, you could add a drive plate. I have added them to mine.

Buckle/power strap combos are one of the sweetest things to come out recently.

I have toured a few miles so far with the 120 Cochise Pro Lights w/Boosters with the Dynafit Radical and my swiss cheese S7's. A heavy setup to be sure, optimized for the down. Much better than my old Dukes and the Radical is solid and wants to be on a fat ski and driven by a beefy boot. No pre-releases or odd tech binding interface issues, heel spacing about 5.5mm.

I don't really have any complaints about the boot except that I wish it had more backwards range of motion in the walk mode, but I think that's a common theme in any AT ish downhill boot. I'm learning to live without the buckle strap contraption. There's enough tongue above the shell to provide support for the Booster, so that works great, and I can fasten them out of the way for touring.

I ended up keeping the stock Palau liner instead of the MV Dreamliner (same size as boot, 27). There's something not right with the Dreamliner - it's too roomy, my heel lifts when I tour (future blisters) and the lower part of my foot is swimming when skiing. I know that I can put some shims in and some cups around the heel but I can't be bothered when the the stock liner works well.
    (I the Dreamliners in the Bushwackers which are my resort bangers now, the air bladder thing locks it down pretty good. Will experiment with that later.)

Yeah, I think Marshal on Blister Gear Review said that he preferred a size larger intuition liner for the Cochise. I picked up a pair of larger size intuitions to try for mine, but I haven't quite had the chance yet to head into the shop to try em out. (dreamliners MV also)

For touring I went with a intuition Pro Tour that I did some modifications to. I stuff my 13 shoe into a 28.5 with very little work and the Palau liner was just too short. The Pro Tour takes up more space but was a little longer so it fit better in the boot, more room for my toes. Only problem with the pro tour is the Interface between the tongue and the upper. They just aren't shaped right or are too hard, not sure which. I used them a few times last spring and they created some really weird pressure spots around my lower leg. Last week I took all the hard white material off the upper and swapped out the tongue with a tongue from a pair of plug boots. Night and day difference. I think it's just the tongues in those pro tours aren't designed very well.

They sell different tongues for the Pro-tour now ($40). Might try swapping in a different tongue?

Demon vs Cochise, both size 23

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	146224

Name:	D1.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	211.6 KB 
ID:	146225

Name:	D2.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	146226

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    I'm confused how your demon is taller than your Cochise, unless you went up a size or two on the demon upper?

Change in flex could be based on how tight the Cochise power strap is. If cuff height is an issue, you could add a drive plate. I have added them to mine.

Buckle/power strap combos are one of the sweetest things to come out recently.
    I will consider adding a drive plate for sure, and maybe replacing the buckle/powerstrap with a regular buckle and adding booster above it. Or just adding the booster.

It's pretty obvious the cuff on the cochise is lower and cut differently than the demon from the photos.

Anyone not using the tongue spoilers from their pro lights and want to send it my way for small $? I've got some foam liners in my 130's that are creasing a bit at the cuff and could use the reenforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    Anyone not using the tongue spoilers from their pro lights and want to send it my way for small $? I've got some foam liners in my 130's that are creasing a bit at the cuff and could use the reenforcement.
    a spoiler from the rear of most technica boots will work well too. If you can't find any local, I can ship you some PM me

Quote Originally Posted by spknmike View Post
    Mike we probably have some spoilers that would work kickin aroun the alpine haus, ill take a look tomorrow but feel free to swing by, ive got all kinds of boot parts squirreled away, didnt the 130 come with a spoiler too? i seem to remember pullin em out of mine, if thats the case i still have em somewhere and wont be using them

2 spinning screws in the front of the toe after switching to the dyanfit soles. 1st time they've been switched, and were lined up perfectly....Any suggestions?
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Z View Post
    2 spinning screws in the front of the toe after switching to the dyanfit soles. 1st time they've been switched, and were lined up perfectly....Any suggestions?
    Take out the boot board and push down on the female end that the screws are going into. They're T- nuts and are pressed into the shell but sometimes if you press too hard on the screw you can dislodge them which makes it hard to get the screws to grab. Same thing can happen in the heal. Takes 2 seconds to fix.

Played around with that right after my post and got them to catch. The toes are actually connected by a metal bar instead of Tnuts, so i unscrewed them and pushed the bar back into the shell. They were tight when spinning so I figured I'd striped em out, but glad I didn't.

Thanks.
    Drive slow, homie.

Quote Originally Posted by swerve View Post
    I just did this. Bodacious for alpine and cochise pros for touring.
    what is the difference in flex and forward lean?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I skied my P18s with the tech toe. Didn't ski hard, but no issues.
    I would not do this with a P14, or anything other than a 916 or p18. Unless you adjust the toe of the binding. It was an accident (forgot to swap toe blocks) and I likely won't do it again. But maybe.

I know the shells are the same, but is there a difference between the Cochise Pro LIGHT (Palau) half size liners? (ie 26 and 26.5)

Been looking at these for a while and finally pulled the trigger on the 110's on SAC last week. Tried them on today and feel pretty darn good out of the box. Is there a big difference between the 110 and 120 flex? I'm a little worried about them being soft but feel decent in the living room. Are there other differences between this years 110 and 120 other than the plastic?

Next years line:
    www.tecnicablizzardexperience.com/cochise2014

Really digging the looks.

From a carpet test I can already notice the better fit around my calves/legs and the more comfortable/wider toe box (shouldn't affect how it skis, as there still isn't slop). Gonna take them out tomorrow morning, can't wait!

Attachment 148597