Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjon View Post
    that'd be 18 degrees then?
    18* on the Dynafit measurement system.... 14* on a Lange measurement system??????

When the designers were coming up with Cochise the Titan was the reference point at the time. They wanted a forward lean that was somewhere between the two Dynafit settings. They however have no idea how Dynafit came up with their printed measurements because in no way that they measured the forward lean could they come up with anything close to that....

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    18* on the Dynafit measurement system.... 14* on a Lange measurement system??????

When the designers were coming up with Cochise the Titan was the reference point at the time. They wanted a forward lean that was somewhere between the two Dynafit settings. They however have no idea how Dynafit came up with their printed measurements because in no way that they measured the forward lean could they come up with anything close to that....
    if you measure the cuff angle relative to the ski when clicked into the binding, you get dynafit's cuff angle (i believe in the 26 shell). the vertical has something like a 12mm toe drop.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

First real issue today. Skinned to the top of a pretty steep line and could not get one boot to switch to ski mode. Figured it was icing but turns out the inside pivot on both boots had developed play. So much that the cuff was moving significantly and I guess not letting the walk mechanism engage properly. I managed to get the rivets repressed in a shop and everything is good again but I will be keeping an eye out in case it reoccurs.

I feel like, with skinny legs and ankles, using stock, powerwrap and luxury liners and instaprint tongues, with and without stock spoilers and every combination therein, plus foam on the fold of the ankle (solved any heel lift problems) the 130 puts a bit too much pressure on the top of the shin relative to the lower shin. Skied unchecked for 4 plus resort days in a row, shin discomfort is pretty difficult to avoid. I think the cuff is a touch lower than I would prefer. Anyone had the same experience and found any particular solutions? Big, full length spoiler? perhaps a dalbello one to extend cuff height 1cm or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Tutuko View Post
    I feel like, with skinny legs and ankles, using stock, powerwrap and luxury liners and instaprint tongues, with and without stock spoilers and every combination therein, plus foam on the fold of the ankle (solved any heel lift problems) the 130 puts a bit too much pressure on the top of the shin relative to the lower shin. Skied unchecked for 4 plus resort days in a row, shin discomfort is pretty difficult to avoid. I think the cuff is a touch lower than I would prefer. Anyone had the same experience and found any particular solutions? Big, full length spoiler? perhaps a dalbello one to extend cuff height 1cm or so?
    Sounds similar to my issues, if you look back a page or two. That works like hell, no shin issues what so ever. I also believe the cuff is a touch too low.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    First real issue today. Skinned to the top of a pretty steep line and could not get one boot to switch to ski mode. Figured it was icing but turns out the inside pivot on both boots had developed play. So much that the cuff was moving significantly and I guess not letting the walk mechanism engage properly. I managed to get the rivets repressed in a shop and everything is good again but I will be keeping an eye out in case it reoccurs.
    This is exactly the issue I'm having. Can you describe your fix in a bit more detail?
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Pull liner and use a big old rivet press to flatten the head of the rivet on the inside.

Thanks arild, I remember what you did to that poor liner, I will try and achieve similar results, maybe with different methods. I think a rear spoiler extending from cuff to lower might do the trick

That poor liner was shit, though, so I´m not feeling guilty. Hope you find something that works for you, tutuko.

Eliminators plus powerwrap + gave great results today.

Eliminators plus powerwrap + gave great results today.
    Thanks for that, I have the same issue with my pro lite. Trying to decide between powerwraps for inbounds and keeping the stock liners for touring or pro Tours for both inbounds and touring. A bit worried that powerwraps will stiffen the boot to much, I feel like the flex is great for me with the stock liner.

Stock liner is too cold and heavy for me touring, powerwrap + are way too stiff for big touring days. So I run a luxury for touring. The tongue liner is stiff enough for inbounds but way worse with the shin bang/squeeze than PW. Try a tongue liner with eliminators? Otherwise you might find yourself wanting two intuition liners.

Stock liner is too cold and heavy for me touring, powerwrap + are way too stiff for big touring days. So I run a luxury for touring. The tongue liner is stiff enough for inbounds but way worse with the shin bang/squeeze than PW. Try a tongue liner with eliminators? Otherwise you might find yourself wanting two intuition liners.
    Yeah two liners, a powerwrap for inbounds and a pro tour for touring is prob the best. But $$$...
    Do you prefere the luxery for touring over the pro tour?

I haven't used the pro tour, and went for the luxury mainly based on what was in stock plus to use inbounds. In retrospect a pro tour HV might have been better now that I have the PW an ski that exclusively inbounds. Also of note I that I have glued 5mm foam to the tongue of the luxury and fold of the ankle on the PW to take up space here. Works well.

Edit: The PW + makes for, IMO an overly stiff boot, and this generates problems of its own, despite offering totally uniform pressure from forefoot to shin.
    Last edited by Tutuko; 03-24-2013 at 10:13 AM.

Inboard rivets worn out again, trying to get a fix or replacement. No shops here seem to have spares

Pulling the rear spoilers on mine. Turns out my calves are too big.

Does anyone have experience grinding down the tech toes to fit into pivots? Looks like I'll be skiing the CAST system next season (if it goes through).
    Because the front two screws hold in the tech fitting, they're almost flush with the sole, maybe 1-2 mm of room for grinding, which wouldn't bring them down to the thickness of the DIN soles.
    I guess I'll give'er a shot and see what happens. I've never done this before, I'm guessing just take the belt sander to it and keep it as even as possible?
    Thanks for any help.

The strap of the cochise 130 is always sliding upwards and getting loose. I always end up tigtening it two or three numbers.
    Any ideas to prevent that ?

Also, i should add a bigger spoiler..

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    Inboard rivets worn out again, trying to get a fix or replacement. No shops here seem to have spares
    Also have play in ski mode, both boots, with my 130's. At least it almost lasted one season. Hoping for a replacement.

I've been able to re-flatted the inside washer, with a boot fitting press.

gave the guy another 50-100 days...

The strap of the cochise 130 is always sliding upwards and getting loose. I always end up tigtening it two or three numbers.
    Any ideas to prevent that ?
    Mine slides up if it's not tightened enough, but anyway why not smear some silicone on the back of the strap to get it to have some stiction?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Hey, does anybody know if it there is such thing as spoilers/wedges or something to put more forward lean on a pair of 2011/12 Cochise Pro Ligth boots. With the walk mode all is ther such a thing that can adjust this issue? Tried out my boots for the first time (bougth secondhand earlier this season) last weekend, but found them to be too much uprigth in position in comparison to my Dalbello Kryptons (first gen.). Felt like I was skiing from my heels.
    Is there a solution to this problem?

As you said, try wedges and/or spoilers. DIY or any bootfitter will experiment for you. I would go for spoiler attached to the boot or liner.

I used spoilers from my langes, worked great. Feels like I'm right where I need to be.

Great input. Feel free to jong me, but can spoilers from my old Kryptons fit? Anybody done this?