Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Shell fit both the 130 and the 120light today, definitely going for a 26 shell in either and throwing intuitions in there. Had just about a cm to go on in the heelpocket in both.

From trying them both on with stock liners, the shell flex felt so close to the point of negligible, that i may end up just getting the lights and hope the intuitions make up for the loss of stiffness.

Any more findings of bad tech inserts with these boots?

norsk

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Any more findings of bad tech inserts with these boots?
    Been skiing some used 120s from a buddy who beat the snot out of them last year. About 8 days so far on speed radicals in the resort and sidecountry. Plenty of hardpack moguls including test dropping a backseated 10' to flattish hardpack. Also done a ton of 10' pillows, 15' to 15' double, 25' and 30' (at speed) to pretty consolidated boot top pow. No problems yet aside from a case of huck neck. Thinking it might be a somewhat isolated problem.

Super impressed with both the boot and the ability to charge with dynafiits. No locked toes. You don't have to be Hoji to get away with it. I am 165lbs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Been skiing some used 120s from a buddy who beat the snot out of them last year. About 8 days so far on speed radicals in the resort and sidecountry. Plenty of hardpack moguls including test dropping a backseated 10' to flattish hardpack. Also done a ton of 10' pillows, 15' to 15' double, 25' and 30' (at speed) to pretty consolidated boot top pow. No problems yet aside from a case of huck neck. Thinking it might be a somewhat isolated problem.

Super impressed with both the boot and the ability to charge with dynafiits. No locked toes. You don't have to be Hoji to get away with it. I am 165lbs though.
    thanks man. im 25 lbs more, but hardly think that should constitute significantly more wear. thats just a notch on the DIN scale..

norsk

Got the 130s yesterday, they just fit a hell of a lot better. no discernible flex difference, imo.

norsk

My bootfitter isn't carrying the 130s. Anybody know if BC.com is getting more 27s in stock? Or is that it for the year?

I'm in last years 120s, but it was a tough call between the 26s and 27s. I just couldn't make the 26s work. 27s fit great in the instep area, but are a tiny bit big in the ankles. Probably about a finger and half shell fit. I put intuition power wraps in to take up some of the space and will probably put some L pads on, but they don't tour that great. I'm curious if the slightly smaller 98mm last in a 27 might solve my issues.

odds are technica is sold thru for the year. At least technica canada was in dec.

If you can't find a pair local, our store might have the 27 in the 130 avail.
    best to call and ask for Jr to check.

Ordered the last pair of 27.5s from evo. I truly hate ordering boots online, but no one local seems to carry this. If my theory that these will fit a little better is wrong, I'm just out some return shipping. And mntlion, thanks for the response. I figured evo was a better option due to shipping from Canada.
    Last edited by bern43; 01-17-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Just reiterating the go-down-one-shell size advise on these boots. Alpine boots in a 25.5 are a tight performance fit for me. I could not make the 25.5 130 pro work for me.

And make sure you stick your mitt inside the boot and feel how wildly deep the heel pocket is on these. I thought the 25.5 fit me in the shop- in fact, I thought I'd need the toe box blown out. But flexing while skiing just drives my heel into the pocket, and I could not make this boot work for me in spite of all kinds of liner/tongue pads to try and force my foot back. $300 lost on the resale. YMMV as they say here.

^^Mirrors my experience too. Sorry to hear about that.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

You could park my wife's Mini in that heel pocket.
    Me, I have no heel, really.

I'm in this years 120's. A couple liner stretches and things are much better. Still feel like I have too much volume in the ankle.

Snowinn.com has 120's for $420 shipped 2nd day air. Yes, they are in Spain. Yes, some here have had delays on non in stock items. However, the 120's are in stock. I ordered on Friday afternoon and had them in my hands Weds morning.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

what shell size for a 28,0 cm long foot ?
    can´t try em on live for now

Quote Originally Posted by salx View Post
    what shell size for a 28,0 cm long foot ?
    can´t try em on live for now
    i have a 27,8cm foot and squeezed into a 26.5, but wanted a near race boot fit. they are for sure as tiny as i can get away with. i had to punch a touch for width at both the 1st and 5th met head and might punch the big-toe a touch for length as well, but have not yet.

i would suggest trying on the 27 size, but at least check the shell-fit on the 26 before buying.

good luck.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

my guess is 27, same as marsh

Anyone holding spare velcro spoilers for last year's 120s?

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    i have a 27,8cm foot and squeezed into a 26.5, but wanted a near race boot fit. they are for sure as tiny as i can get away with. i had to punch a touch for width at both the 1st and 5th met head and might punch the big-toe a touch for length as well, but have not yet.

i would suggest trying on the 27 size, but at least check the shell-fit on the 26 before buying.

good luck.
    thanks !
    i now have them in my posession (27)
    compared to the rx lv i have more room in the instep and a little more all around the ankle.

however, the original liner is too short for me, i don´t think i can make them work.
    putting in a longer liner, things seem pretty much alright.
    Guess if i had a little more length in the toe box, this could be real nice.
    oh, and the walk mode is real cool.

DJrez- I may have some spare spoilers.

Is the lean adjustable in these boots? I feel like the stance is a little too neutral for hard charging in steep terrain. Otherwise, I like the boots but think some heel lifts are in order to reduce the volume over my instep. Went from 25.5 factors to 25.5 Cochise 120s and my wide feet thank me for it!

Quote Originally Posted by critical-motion View Post

Is the lean adjustable in these boots? I feel like the stance is a little too neutral for hard charging in steep terrain. Otherwise, I like the boots but think some heel lifts are in order to reduce the volume over my instep. Went from 25.5 factors to 25.5 Cochise 120s and my wide feet thank me for it!
    Not so far as I know.

Forward lean is not adjustable. The Tecnica Inferno/Demon/Cochise forward lean is about 2* more than the Lange RS/RX. If you have bigger calves it's no problem. If you've got skinny as legs like me you might want a little more lean. I ended up screwing one spoiler on the back of the boot and then putting one on the liner. The spoilers that come with the Cochise are pretty thin. If you want a little more forward lean try to find a thicker spoiler from another boot. A lot of older plug boots have pretty thick spoilers. It's not the perfect scenario but it helps you get a little farther forward if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by critical-motion View Post
    I've seen your garage. You have spare everything! I'll PM you...

I have a short achilles (club foot) which leads to really low flexibility, so I have trouble hitting the front of agressive leaning boots with as much energy/power as I like. I also have skinny lower calves. My bootfitter noticed this and added pretty significant heel lifts to the boot board. Worked like a charm - way better than spoilers. Maybe you have a similar problem?

Ah-hah, I think you've helped me figure it out. I have fairly flexible ankles, but my lower calves are indeed skinny and I bet that cranking down on the cuff buckles pulls my leg into a more upright position. I am running power wrap Intuitions, so the double layer of liner along the shin also makes for a more vertical tibia. The upright position is great for powder but is less than optimal for charging steeps when the shins need to be weighted.

I will add 1/4" heel lifts to improve the lean and hopefully remove the very slight bit of extra volume I have over my instep.

Critical: any more details on fit differences between the 255 Factor and 255 Cochise?? Was it length you gained or width that's making your feet happy?

critical: i have experienced the same issues. i added 1/4" heel lifts and this helped. but still felt loose in the cuff so i added a thicker spoiler and helped a bit. still not perfect so i am running cut down eliminators behind my leg. fits perfect now and i dont feel like i am in the back seat. also from day 1 the top buckle and velcro buckle have been bending the plastic and cutting way into it. so i cut up some old boots and added some thickness under the buckles and now that is working much better.

Hey all, need a little advice here. Just picked up a Cochise 130 Pro this weekend to replace my beat up Krypton Pros which were all kinds of punched and ground in the forefoot and navicular area to fit my wider forefoot, narrower heel and lower shin.

Went with the 27.5 which gives me right around a 1 finger shell fit, a little tighter on my right foot which has a Haglunds deformity sticking out the back. Threw my custom insoles in and the small black heel lifts (think they are 1/4" or less, need them in all boots due to crappy dorsiflexion) Shell had pretty close contact on the forefoot and was crushing my big toe on the right laterally on the front, had my fitter do a punch at the medial met heads on both feet and to the side of the right big toe, which makes the forefoot fit tolerable.

Haven't had a chance to ski them yet, but wearing them around to break them in, I am noticing some pretty firm compression on the met heads laterally which i think will break in nicely to the punched area after some skiing, but more problematically I am getting insane compression on the sides and back of my Achilles insertion point into the heel, much worse in my slightly longer right foot, this gets worse the more i forcibly flex the boot. When taking off the boot, I can see redness on my foot right where the liner is very thick around the heel and achilles. My concern is that I have a very straight Achilles with not much heel behind it, and since the boot has a pretty deep heel pocket when I flex hard and move the foot back into the pocket the upper rear heel and achilles is getting squeezed. I really dont have any noticeable fore aft movement.

Any advice on how to fix this hot spot? I know this is a traditional liner, but any benefit to trying to heat mold it? Normally I would just hit my fitter up, but I wont be back up in VT until after I get back from Jackson, so I need to figure out something before I head out there. How much break in can I expect from the new liner in the forefoot and more improtantly in the thick padding by the achilles?