Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Hmm, tough one. I have the Lokens 116s as a resort pow & slack ski and the 106s as a touring ski and love both. I also know a few patrollers who love the 122 Anton. I'd say the deciding factor should be the tail. If you prefer flat & directional then go Lokens, if you prefer skis with a little tail rocker then the Anton 112s. If you go Loken then it really depends what else you'll have in your quiver - the 106s are amazing in all conditions so if you'll have a fatter pair of pow skis to use on deeper days then maybe those.
    Cool! I think I'll be going with Loken 106s, since I can use them as my all mountian skis/ speed demons and for the few rare time I go touring, now that I have some guardian bindings on the way. These will be my fattest ski, but being the skinny toothpick I am, I'm not too worried about float and whilst paying uni, I can only afford so new many skis a year....that said, the Anton 112s will be be the next item on the agenda

Was just going to ask about your weight.....

I am pretty scrawny and they work great in the pow and resort. I actually use these (Loken 106) as my go to for both now unless its stupid deep (odas) or I am touring (carbon antons with G3 ions). I have full carbon ones, they are amazing. I think Glenn is charging around $150ish for the upgrade.

Agree with what spooky said about the flat tail, it is a lot more noticeable on the 116's I actually sold my 116's as I liked the 106's that much more in all conditions.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

I'm 5'11" (180cm on the dot) and ~150lbs (63kg), i.e. I'm a toothpick...

That said I'm pretty aggressive and my favorite pair are 165 wc slalom racers from dynastar. I tend to base my decisions around a ski's edge hold, agility and then accelation, which is part of the reason for leaning towards the 106 Lokens.

As much as a pair of carbons would be amazing, I'm not going to be touring enough to justify the added cost...besides if I do get a pair new and not demoed its guaranteed to be in the Lacheur graphic, its so pretty!

I am going to shop on Friday morning anyways and Glen said I can take my time to look at/drool over each of the models before making a decision

Nice. Are you in Vernon?

Yup...I am a long time Vermin local going to uni in Kelowna

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I have full carbon ones, they are amazing. I think Glenn is charging around $150ish for the upgrade.
    How well does the carbon pair feel when compared to the standard layup?

Sorry for the delay. Just had baby #2 last week.

Obviously lighter, touring, in the air, on your shoulder everything..... I feel like they have a lot more snap/rebound and energy out of and in between turns. They aren't as damp and a couple of the guys have complained about this in variable conditions but I haven't noticed it that much. One guy actually hated his pair but not sure of skill level here.

I really enjoy the 106 loken carbons in all snow, slush, pow, fresh groomed..... use them more then any other in my quiver. I like the flex better, more natural feeling and I found the standards to be a bit stiff in the tip for my taste. The antons I have mounted with G3 Ions and have enjoyed them as well, had a day at revy with a total mixed bag of conditions and even with the light touring binders on still had a lot of fun ripping the slushy groomers down to the bottom at the end of the day.

I am a light weight at 160lbs but ski pretty hard. If you are a heavy dude then maybe be careful? I am super stoked though.

Anyone have info on the flex on the Anton 102/112? Looking at a pair as my everyday sticks but like something with a bit of backbone.

My heart says to just get the Loken 106 but I find myself getting dragged into the park a fair bit these days. FWIW I'm ~160lbs and looking at the 185s.

Just shoot the guys an email, info@skevikskis.com, they're pretty good with detailed responses.

Quote Originally Posted by BAWinters View Post
    Anyone have info on the flex on the Anton 102/112? Looking at a pair as my everyday sticks but like something with a bit of backbone.

My heart says to just get the Loken 106 but I find myself getting dragged into the park a fair bit these days. FWIW I'm ~160lbs and looking at the 185s.
    I have skied both, they seem a bit softer then then the Og 122's but in my opinion that is a good thing. Much more versatile and still rail, I found turn initiation was much easier and much more of a playfull ski. I have been recommending them to pretty much everyone. Keep in mind Skeviks are typically a stiff ski so they will still have plenty of back bone. You will be fine on the 185

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I have skied both, they seem a bit softer then then the Og 122's but in my opinion that is a good thing. Much more versatile and still rail, I found turn initiation was much easier and much more of a playfull ski. I have been recommending them to pretty much everyone. Keep in mind Skeviks are typically a stiff ski so they will still have plenty of back bone. You will be fine on the 185

Thanks Hefe, sounds like I'll have to stop by the office and fondle some.

Appreciate your stoke in the BC thread as well, keep ripping!

Thanks man. Yeah go pay Glenn a visit, he loves it when I go by and bug him. It's pretty cool to see the custom shop and cnc machine they have created from scratch, he is a smart dude.

Anyone have any time on the Sevrin? Looks like it would make a great spring ski - probably both resort and touring.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

I second the Sevrin question.
    Last edited by tipdive; 01-03-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Fresh from the factory. Anton 112's. Mounting with G3 ions.

Going to tour with them on Wednesday, weather permitting.
    "Its not the arrow, its the Indian" - M.Pinto

Anyone got recommendations for mount on a loken 116.

321 BSL, 200lbs, ski hojis on recommend mount. Like that feeling. Also skied BMT 109 and BC Labs on the rec'd lines more traditional I guess. No issues.

From what I can tell rec'd mount is 80cm from tail....any advice?

This will be a resort ski, live in Vancouver so whistler and my interior favs of KH and Revy.

Mounting with Jester's

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

I run my 180cm 106s right on the line and they like charging from there. Wouldn't go further back, but maybe would do a +1 to help me drive the tips a bit more. My $0.02.

Cheers. That's good to know. I read somewhere the skevik guys really dont recommend going outside of the factory suggested line.

Sort of paranoid, I am looking forward to skiing them.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app