Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    188cm 116mm Only have had one super deep day on them sledskiing but I mounted them where recommended and they looked like the binders were too far back at first. Worked just fine in the pow! Pretty curious to see how they ski the hardpack, I think they will rail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lokens.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	147093

Even with the flatter non rockered tail they still smeared really easy, nice speed control.

www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    188cm 116mm Only have had one super deep day on them sledskiing but I mounted them where recommended and they looked like the binders were too far back at first. Worked just fine in the pow! Pretty curious to see how they ski the hardpack, I think they will rail.

Name:	lokens.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	188.2 KB 
ID:	147093

Even with the flatter non rockered tail they still smeared really easy, nice speed control.

Wicked little vid, nice to see them in action. If you have any more thoughts on the mounting point after you spend a few more days on them please post them up as my pair are hopefully arriving soon and without any other feedback i'll end up going with what they recommend.

For sure man. Will be up on boxing day hopefully. I am sure the recommended point is fine. I skied the 106's inbounds and out last spring and they were wicked.

The lady had the 106's out for a rip and loved em. managed to get them mounted on the line and they were killing it in knee + deep. Even handled the death ski out well - for a run out on sticks, moss and ice the bases look still look good.
    Rad skis for sure... might have to get a pair myself.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

Couldn't be more stoked right now - Loken 116s, 188 length arrived today and they look perfect.

Tips:

& tails:

Had a day on these in 4" of pow over hardpacked groomed. Honestly they ripped, but did feel like they could be better at a -1 or so. There's a lot of tail on these. I'll keep them at 0, but this is an FYI.
    Last edited by cstefanic; 12-28-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Hey guys. Trying to get some beta on the 106 loken and how stiff they are. How do these compare to a Cochise? Belafontes? Thanks for any info. These looks sick.
    Go Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Had a day on these in 4" of pow over hardpacked groomed. Honestly they ripped, but did feel like they could be better at a -1 or so. There's a lot of tail on these. I'll keep them at 0, but this is an FYI.
    Thanks for the heads up, what length and waist did you get?

180cm 106s.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, what length and waist did you get?

Ok, I have about 3 days of deep pow and 2 inbounds. I think the recommended mounting point is fine. They rail like crazy on hard pack/groomers. Like any big ski they need some speed to get going but they are pretty amazing for a big pow ski, I grew up racing and think I have a good feel for a ski's ability to rail. No tip flap on the rockered area, busts through crud and chopped very easily.

In the pow they are great, I am a big oda fan for deep days but it is nice having the flatter tail for stomping shit and going fast through pillow zones.

Heading back out tomorrow for more powpow, been great in our neck of the woods.

Name:	dink pillows2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	147517

El hefe - is the 106 loken a skinny pow ski or a big mountain charger? Basically - does it have a speed limit in variable crud?
    Go Sox!

Ok, I have about 3 days of deep pow and 2 inbounds. I think the recommended mounting point is fine. They rail like crazy on hard pack/groomers. Like any big ski they need some speed to get going but they are pretty amazing for a big pow ski, I grew up racing and think I have a good feel for a ski's ability to rail. No tip flap on the rockered area, busts through crud and chopped very easily.

In the pow they are great, I am a big oda fan for deep days but it is nice having the flatter tail for stomping shit and going fast through pillow zones.

Heading back out tomorrow for more powpow, been great in our neck of the woods.

Name:	dink pillows2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	147517
    Awesome, thanks. Bindings are on their way so should be able to get out soon and give my verdict. Given the conditions we've had so far this season i'll be needing their ability to rail firm a lot more than their float.

My $0.02:

These don't feel as indestructible as my 181 Wrenegades, but they do love going fast in chopped up mank.

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    My $0.02:

These don't feel as indestructible as my 181 Wrenegades, but they do love going fast in chopped up mank.
    Thanks! I wouldn't expect them to rage like a wrenegade simply because the wren is a lot more ski than a 106 waisted ski. Sounds like they would hold their own against a moment belafonte or a vicick. These sound like great boards. I appreciate the beta on them.
    Go Sox!

Finally got on a bigger steeper face with the Lokens. They are incredibly stable at speed and are confidence inspiring. Love the odas for deep days in the trees and the lokens for hauling ass.

Bump.... That time of year again.

New graphics are up and pre-season sale is going on until August 11th. The new graphics are amazing, loving the owl.

http://skevikskis.com/

Definitely considering the Loken 106 for an all-conditions touring setup once I have $$$. How would you rate the stiffness of the Loken? (106 or 116, I assume they are similar)
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

They are actually pretty stiff. I got them to make me a softer and light Loken 106 for touring and it turned out amazing. I am only 160lbs so I wanted it a bit softer for my skinny ass, really liked how they turned out.

A bit more playful.

I would call them ~20% more charger-y and stiffer than my gold Gotamas, if that makes it easier to understand.

They are actually pretty stiff. I got them to make me a softer and light Loken 106 for touring and it turned out amazing. I am only 160lbs so I wanted it a bit softer for my skinny ass, really liked how they turned out.

A bit more playful.
    Very interesting, have you skied them yet and do you reckon they'd make another pair? Enjoyed my Loken 116s so much I'm planning to order a pair of 106s for a lighter touring set up. Also agreed on the new graphics, such a strong line up yet again. Hard choices to make.

My beloved Loken 116s in action in BC and Alberta:

Yeah, skied them at the end of last year. I am so stoked on them, had them in the park, in pow and railing groomers. Might sell my 116's because I like them so much.

Email Glenn and see what he says. He is doing some tweaking with other materials this winter as well. I might try and get my entire quiver in carbon if he has time.

Love the look of the carbon against the wood sidewalls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20140405_10_33_25_Pro.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	675.6 KB 
ID:	157975  

Yeah, skied them at the end of last year. I am so stoked on them, had them in the park, in pow and railing groomers. Might sell my 116's because I like them so much.

Email Glenn and see what he says. He is doing some tweaking with other materials this winter as well. I might try and get my entire quiver in carbon if he has time.

Love the look of the carbon against the wood sidewalls.
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. I emailed him this morning so I'll see what he says. Loken 106s are next on the list then hopefully a pair of Odas at some point.

Nice vid. If you are skiing pillowy trees like that quite a bit you would love the odas. They feel like skateboards on your feet that have crazy float with no swing weight.

Nice vid. If you are skiing pillowy trees like that quite a bit you would love the odas. They feel like skateboards on your feet that have crazy float with no swing weight.
    Thanks, I remember you saying similar about them previously on here, have wanted a pair ever since.