Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Another casualty...

Matt White, Director Sportif for Orica-Greenedge and Australian National Team, admits to doping while on Postal.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...al-team_261255

He's "Rider 9" in the affidavits. He never made the TdF squad while at Postal, and only rode in one Grand Tour for them - Vuelta in '03. No way to know if he doped while at Cofidis.

Stay tuned. There's gonna be a lot more confessions.

this article is so stupid I don't even know where to begin...

huh, so is it possible that the greatest rider with the best everything that money could buy would win 7 times? What about the other great riders available to USPS? Why Lance?
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Ha! The beginning of his drug induced run, then he paid the price ( cancer) , then figured out how to beat the game even more.

Funny thing is, no American has won the Worlds after Lance, and before Lance was Lemond. I don't think people tie two shits about that race.
    Lance Armstrong was never a mediocre cyclist. A douchebag cheater jerk weasel losing fuck pig - but not a mediocre cyclist.

And yes, people who pay attention to cycling care about the worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Yes he is a giant asshole, but he still is an amazing athlete. The two are not mutually exclusive. If fact they are often linked.
    Spot on. Just look at McEnroe.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

Anyone know his alias on Strava? I heard he is like KOM (or top 3) on every ride in Aspen, but uses an alias.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    danica patrick? anna kournikova? Greats?
    Among the greatest looking 'athletes'. Yes.

Armstrong stepping down as Chairman of Livestrong

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/17...trong-charity/
    I resolve PC issues remotely. Need to get rid of all that pr0n you downloaded on your work laptop? Or did you just get a ton of viruses from searching for "geriatic midget sex"? Either way I can fix them. PM Me for maggot prices.

Follow me on Twitter
    Facebook - Become a Fan

Wow, where is this guy going to make money for the rest of his life? No salary from his foundation, no Nike, no hope of any other kind of sponsor. And, this isn't new- he's had a lot of possible sponsors avoid him, even back when he was racking up tour wins. His legal expenses must be massive (he's not off the hook for criminal charges, or even civil lawsuits). He won't be able to do this Ironman thing anymore, either.

Seriously, his only hope is reality TV.

Lemond should sue the fucker into oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Wow, where is this guy going to make money for the rest of his life? No salary from his foundation, no Nike, no hope of any other kind of sponsor. And, this isn't new- he's had a lot of possible sponsors avoid him, even back when he was racking up tour wins. His legal expenses must be massive (he's not off the hook for criminal charges, or even civil lawsuits). He won't be able to do this Ironman thing anymore, either.

Seriously, his only hope is reality TV.

Lemond should sue the fucker into oblivion.

Benny, the guy proved to an ass, but a smart ass. He banked many tens of million of dollars, if not a hundred or more. I don't think he will end up on survivor, although I think he would win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Benny, the guy proved to an ass, but a smart ass. He banked many tens of million of dollars, if not a hundred or more. I don't think he will end up on survivor, although I think he would win it.
    I am skeptical about those amounts. He isn't Michael Jordan or Jeter. A hundred million? From where? Merckz and Lemond had to start bicycle companies in retirement, not exactly a lucrative business. Bicycle racing has a minimal following outside of Europe, and those guys just don't make that much. As I said, he's been tilting into the wind trying to find sponsors for years. And, he's spent a LOT of money on lawyers for years, and still has to. We'll see, but, I think that you'll see him do desperate things soon for income.

Don't discount a career in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Don't discount a career in politics.
    Possible, but not outside of Texas.

Fired by Nike and stepping down from Livestrong. Wow. I never thought I'd see this, especially Nike. I thought it would be more of the same defense.

So......Is he guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?

pretty bad when a piece of shit company like Nike fires you for being a scumbag
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorboy View Post
    So......Is he guilty beyond a reasonable doubt?
    Honest question. Are you joking and since we don't have a sarcasm emoticon it's lost in translation? Can you not work teh googlez? Are you not intellectually curious enough to search for the answer outside of TGR?

Don't worry Benny, Nike eventually resigned Michael Vick.

Still solid behind Tiger.

He'll have to eat one of his kids before they drop him.

George will come out of this the most successful. Nice guys finish...

Still solid behind Tiger.

He'll have to eat one of his kids before they drop him.
    Cheating on your wife has no effect on your sport. Apples and lugnuts, mon frere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Cheating on your wife has no effect on your sport. Apples and lugnuts, mon frere.
    Oh, how far we have fallen.

I am skeptical about those amounts. He isn't Michael Jordan or Jeter. A hundred million? From where? Merckz and Lemond had to start bicycle companies in retirement, not exactly a lucrative business. Bicycle racing has a minimal following outside of Europe, and those guys just don't make that much. As I said, he's been tilting into the wind trying to find sponsors for years. And, he's spent a LOT of money on lawyers for years, and still has to. We'll see, but, I think that you'll see him do desperate things soon for income.
    Well, as you know, Lance Armstrong became MORE than bike racing, just as Michael Jordan became MORE than basketball. Who knows how much Nike was paying him? Or kellogs? Or Radio Shack? And I don't know how many other companies.

One thing that is certain: He bacame the whipping boy. It's been said that EVERY SINGLE top-notch racer was doping...it was part of the training almost. That said, I'm glad that the whole thing got busted open. The guys in the committee were a bunch of dicks for sure, but at least the dopers game is up, hopefully. And MAYBE we'll go back to seeing athletes who aren't on the dope.

Armstrong got pegged because he was top dog and didn't acquiesce to the terms of the anti-doping committee, and like others, he mistakenly thought he was above falling. He wasn't and DID.

He could have spent his retirement years traveling around getting hefty speech and seminar fees and working with his LIVESTRONG Foundation. Not anymore. No one's going to pay anything to hear him speak. Now to ensure a fairly comfortable future, he'll have to VASTLY cut his expenses, and invest whatever he's got in some risk-free accounts. He won't be flipping burgers, that's for sure. Those guys never do. I mean look at Pete Rose. Washing cars? Yahh.

The sad thing is the damage that has been done to LIVESTRONG Foundation. To this day, the foundation has donated 500 million dollars to cancer research and care of kids with cancer. It's a noble organization and yet has become a victim of the shit-spewing. Hopefully they will get a worthy person to chair it and continue its progress. I'm still wearing my LIVESTRONG band. I don't do it for Lance, I don't do it for me, I do it for my 8 year old neice who is fighting lymphoma. LIVESTRONG Foundation has actually directly helped the hospital she goes to, donating money to the children's cancer services for additional doctors and nurses, etc. As long as she is still fighting that cancer, as long as she is still breathing, I will wear that band.

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

Pete Rose has lowered himself to selling the document he received from Giamatti banning him from baseball on EBay. Classy. He must be quite wealthy to do that.

Oh, how far we have fallen.
    If marital fidelity should be a factor then a large percentage of your beloved Yankee Hall-of-Famers would be footnotes.

Pete Rose has lowered himself to selling the document he received from Giamatti banning him from baseball on EBay. Classy. He must be quite wealthy to do that.
    LOL....maybe so. But maybe this time he'd have learned to at least put those ebay earnings on his tax returns.

I wonder how much or how little a Pete Rose autograph is worth now? At one time they were worth quite a bit. I had one from when I was a teenager. Luckily I sold it before he fell from grace and kept the Neil Armstrong one instead. I was contemplating selling the Neil Armstrong and keeping Pete Rose at that time...LOL.

--

Posted by DJSapp: