South Lake Tahoe - '12/13 season

EDIT: We have room for 1 more couple and I think 1 more single for those who asked.
    I'm also happy to pass on data on still available houses I looked at.
    Getting a start now on the south tahoe lease search. So far, looks like the group is 2 males and 2 females, all skiers, early 30s-40yrs. Will have the Kirkwood/Heavenly combined passes, most days at k'wood. Looking for any of the below:
    -leads on good south lake tahoe (Meyers/Pioneer Trail) housing, brokers, etc.
    - OR, a group that is looking to absorb a few more
    - OR, We could add a few more people who need housing and are willing to put in some time in the housing hunt.

PM me, thanks.
    Last edited by MRG_girlwonder; 08-31-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Call Mike Phillips at Realty World in SLT. 1-530-544-5395. If you can commit to a one year lease the rents will get cheaper. Ski season only rentals see alot more damage on average due to our party-like-biker ways. Be careful on the loan status of what you rent. You dont want the Bank to show up and kick you out . I had this happen two years ago. See you at KW.

Thanks, marcusling.

Hi my friends and I are looking for a ski lease in South Lake Tahoe as well. Where'd you look? Could I get some leads to the other places you found but didn't want? Thanks so much!

I wasn't looking over close to Heavenly or Bijou/Al Tahoe at all, but there is lots of housing options there. Some ok, some not great.

I didn't look at anything at Kirkwood proper since the prices are so high (plus crazy electricity bills). But Denise is responsive and has stuff in Christmas valley, upper truckee, etc: DBurke [at] vailresorts.com

I saw 1 nice house, 3 bedroom (2Q, 3twins) w/hot tub that is I got down to a good monthly price but passed up. If that is the size you're looking for, PM me and I can send you the owner's details. He may have rented it a few holiday weeks at this point...

I saw a lot of not great places run by: http://rentals.laketahoegetaways.com
    But having said that, I have detailed notes on what I viewed and can steer you a bit. Maybe as it gets closer you could get a good deal. I worked with Jim. Meh....

Chuck is some dude who does summer construction and helps owners rent on the side for extra cash. So he's mostly looking for an easy sale, he'd probably help you push the price down. http://www.gotitrentals.com/ 530 577-7117 . I saw the one on S. Upper Truckee and it's beautiful, huge, flat driveway and approach, but could stand to have 5 more beds (there's even an empty "office" that can fit a bed), has no hot tub. He has one across the street that is much smaller, older, but clean. Much cheaper.
    PM me for specific Qs. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MRG_girlwonder View Post
    I saw 1 nice house, 3 bedroom (2Q, 3twins) w/hot tub that is I got down to a good monthly price but passed up. If that is the size you're looking for, PM me and I can send you the owner's details. He may have rented it a few holiday weeks at this point...
    That's actually the perfect size for our group. Do you think you could PM the owner's details? For some reason, I can't PM you. Thanks for all the help!

VRBO may be a good place to look. some friends of mine have had good luck with ski leases there. we have had nothing but good experiences working directly with our owner.

noy tring to poach on your thread, but i may be looking for 3-5 members to fill out our south lake ski lease. in addition, i have another friends lease in SL that may need some new members. PM if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by dhklauer View Post
    noy tring to poach on your thread, but i may be looking for 3-5 members to fill out our south lake ski lease. in addition, i have another friends lease in SL that may need some new members. PM if interested.
    Poach away! My house is full, others should still benefit from this thread.

I agree that I had a great experience working with the owners on vbro, price is right and the quality of housing is much better.