Any decent Live-stream olympic video sites out there besides NBCOlympics.com?

Since this isn't about bindings or ski wax, this thread might not belong here.....but I'm trying to find a good, thorough live-streaming Olympic coverage website where I can watch less popular events such as sailing, K-2 and k-1 kayaking, c-2 and c-1 canoeing, white-water, rowing, etc.

I've tried a few google searches for them, but each site seems to be an annoying advertising engine or they want $$$ for a subscription.

I know there is the www.nbcolympics.com site that covers all the above and more, but they've really gone so crazy with pop-up ads that it is annoying. Any good venue besides that?

Any guerilla olympic video sites out there that don't have the advert bullshit???

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

I've been watching live online video & video catch-up's on the BBC's site at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...hedule-results

Just click on the event down the left hand side to view either live action or repeats.

probably restricted to Canada, but I think pretty much every event is available for viewing here: http://www.ctvolympics.ca/viewers-guide/index.html

The 'World Feed' ones at the bottom may be open outside the country?

The IOC has a youtube channel that streams some stuff live and has a wide selection of full events archived. Kiss my ass NBC.

http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic/videos

I woke up berry berry early to try and get some of this live-streaming coverage on video (or ANY video online coverage for that matter), and it seems at least in the US....NBC and NBColympics.com pretty much have a lock on all streaming online coverage of the events.

I've tried all the above links, and get nothing but a picture where the clickable vid would be...and text-based event updates and schedules only. No video feeds for any event....even for more popular events like gymnastics.

I thought I might be able to get around this using the TOR IP address emulator engine...but TOR seems blacklisted on those links if you try link BBC via TOR. TOR works with the CTV link...but it's only schedules and text and highlights from past games, it seems.

You never know with TOR, because the IP address emulator just pulls randomly from an IP list I think (I'm no TOR expert)...so you never know from which country you'll APPEAR to be from...it's often netherlands or sweden, or finland. But I've reconnected from a dozen different country's emulations and still nothing. I'd have to luck out and get a UK or Canada emulation, maybe.

I'll try youtube again...but no luck so far finding much on current or even yesterdays kayak slalom k-1 events or sailing.

Looks like it's back to nbcolympicsdotcom and bazillions of pop-up ads!!!!

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:

I hate HATE HATE nbcolympics.com !!!

Just clicked on them for their "32 sports and 302 events of live coverage" and get a HUGE pop-up that doesn't go away taking up 80% of the page. And get this....the ads within that huge pop-up are for all the biggest cable companies out there....Cox, Time-Warner, Dish Network, DirectTV, Comcast, etc. Try and get that pop-up off your screen !!

Ain't capitalism grand????

--

Posted by DJSapp:

where's a proxy server with which I can make my computer go to the bbc thru England so as to stream sexy lady athletes live?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    I hate HATE HATE nbcolympics.com!!!
    big media blows

I don't know what countries the IOC youtube channel blocks in but in thailand we were able to live stream mens 49er sailing, womens fencing, mens c2 and womens k1 last night. From london through the internet to the laptop and to the tv. no ads. awesome.

EDIT

Here's some info on the youtube thing. If they keep doing this I'm taking a vacation in vietnam for the next olympics.

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...f-them/260494/
    Last edited by covert; 07-30-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Get a proxy from witopia.com. Only 5.95 a month and well worth it for speed and reliability. Then watch on the bbc. You can watch bbc iplayer as well as the itv one.

tvpc.com, stream bbc, nbc, and channels from a bunch of other countries.

i've been watching most events here - http://www.wiziwig.tv/index.php?part=sports

also here - http://www.sportlemon.tv/