Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Man, OK crawled back and made a game out of it and then boom, done. ND looks very very good.

Marcus Lattimore - I feel so bad for that kid. Apparently, he was a class act both on and of the field. Word is broken femur, patella, torn ACL, LCL, PCL, and MCL. Brutal. NFL career ahead of him likely gone. I read that he may have to have a total knee replacement. Horrible.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/report-m...l-in-knee.html
    Join WAFTA, promoting downhill and freeride trails in the Wasatch. www.waftautah.com

That Lattimore injury was some sobering shit. I feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by drboudreaux View Post
    Marcus Lattimore - I feel so bad for that kid. Apparently, he was a class act both on and of the field. Word is broken femur, patella, torn ACL, LCL, PCL, and MCL. Brutal. NFL career ahead of him likely gone. I read that he may have to have a total knee replacement. Horrible.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/10/report-m...l-in-knee.html
    At least it wasn't as bad as Matthias Lanzingers knee injury. He may still be able to keep his leg.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Yeah, that was a pretty gross injury. That he walked off the field (obviously with help) instead of being carted speaks volumes about his character. Feel wicked bad for him..

Notre Dame is LEGIT folks! Is there a better defense in college football right now??

ND has a very good D, but the best D in football is in Tuscaloosa.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

here comes the sec bandwagon

the great thing about college football is the debate. Bama fans will think they are great and have a great D. Oregon fans will do the same and ND, KState and others will do the same. The sad thing is that we don't get to really see and the debate is all we have to go on.

I have no idea how'd I rate the top 4 teams. I think I'd have Bama 1, Oregon 2, KState 3, and ND 4 but any of those teams could beat the other one on any given day.

It'll all work itself out in the end. Bama could lose in Baton Rouge this weekend against the only team that can physically match up. ND could still lose to USC as could Oregon. Ducks could also fall to Oregon St. KState has the easiest road, they have nothing left.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    I wouldn't feel too bad for him. The Bills will still draft him in the 1st round.

And Brent Musberger wants to have Manti Tauwhateverhisnameis baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Finstock View Post
    And Brent Musberger wants to have Manti Tauwhateverhisnameis baby.
    Who doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    the great thing about college football is the debate. Bama fans will think they are great and have a great D. Oregon fans will do the same and ND, KState and others will do the same. The sad thing is that we don't get to really see and the debate is all we have to go on.

I have no idea how'd I rate the top 4 teams. I think I'd have Bama 1, Oregon 2, KState 3, and ND 4 but any of those teams could beat the other one on any given day.

It'll all work itself out in the end. Bama could lose in Baton Rouge this weekend against the only team that can physically match up. ND could still lose to USC as could Oregon. Ducks could also fall to Oregon St. KState has the easiest road, they have nothing left.
    Which is why the new playoff system will be such a welcomed reprieve.

I don't know about Oregon going down to USC. The Trojans lost again today. That tells me they don't prepare well enough and can't get up for the right games. Plus, Oregon will destroy their young O-Lin.

Agreed on K State. They'll cruise and continue to put up video game numbers and just embarrass other teams. Nice to see Bama put up some points finally, against a #11 ranked team, too. Now, isn't this the time where Saban will whine about the speed of the game again knowing that he'll most likely face Oregon or K State?

If all 4 teams (AL, OR, KSU, and ND) win out then Oregon and KSU will get hosed, no matter what numbers they put up. EVERYONE in FBS and the networks has a boner for ND. Oregon is hurt by the fact that the only other good team in the PAC 12 is Oregon State, and KSU doesn't have the ratings Kwan that Notre Dame brings.

I wish this year was next year.

spook Guest
    haha. the beibers suck. they have sucked all year, but they have sucked less than the sucky teams they've played. they may not win another game. ducks are going to get screwed,but hey, it's only the third or fourth time it's happened. this time to a potentially undefeated Oregon that is the only team in the country in 3 straight bcs games.

the ucks should claim independence for a couple seasons so they can play a bcs schedule.

No broken bones for Latti. The knee dislocation was put back in place after getting to the hospital. The statement mentions ligaments injured but doesn't say which or the severity. He's already started prehab for surgery. It was hard to get back into the game after that though. Only time I remember a stadium being that quiet is when Tommy Maddox got hurt against the Titans and they had to bring an ambulance on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    No broken bones for Latti. The knee dislocation was put back in place after getting to the hospital. The statement mentions ligaments injured but doesn't say which or the severity. He's already started prehab for surgery. It was hard to get back into the game after that though. Only time I remember a stadium being that quiet is when Tommy Maddox got hurt against the Titans and they had to bring an ambulance on the field.

Thats encouraging news.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Quote Originally Posted by ICEHOCEY77 View Post
    That is great news. I am glad that the early reports were inaccurate. Wishing him all the best and hoping for a speedy recovery. Obviously I don't personally know the guy, but given all the he has been through over the last 18 months, he deserves some good news.
    Join WAFTA, promoting downhill and freeride trails in the Wasatch. www.waftautah.com

No broken femur us great but still a severe injury with ligament damage. I winder if he'll redshift next year and then try to return.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Oregon is hurt by the fact that the only other good team in the PAC 12 is Oregon State
    By "good" you mean "other team the dumbfucks at ESPN and the rest of the dick sucking sports media declare good"?

ND could still lose to USC as could Oregon.
    AHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...etc...

Dood, stop it, please. You're killin' me.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    By "good" you mean "other team the dumbfucks at ESPN and the rest of the dick sucking sports media declare good"?
    Well, I did post that before I knew they lost....

ugh. Nevermind. PAC10 is better than the ACC this year, but just...

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The Trojans lost again today. That tells me they don't prepare well enough and can't get up for the right games. Plus, Oregon will destroy their young O-Line
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. Three strikes and yer out!

SC is well prepared to do what they've been trained to do and they most definitely "get it up" for the "right games", but you don't seem to understand is that USC has a fucking imbecile as a head coach. More, I swear he must be following Uncle Petey's advice to play a predictable, pro-style offense since that's the way back into the NFL. Add to that a Jesus-loving moron for a QB who panics under pressure and a complete lack of discipline and look at what happens. I stopped watching the game before the end of the first quarter- I could see right away that that game had all the hallmarks of a (Goatboy) Lane Kiffin shitshow. SC's on a downward spiral until this idiot is thrown out of Heritage Hall.

Oh, and while SC did start a true freshman at LT against Arizona, the rest of the OL consists of returning starters. Experience isn't the problem here, poor coaching and no leadership is.

Go back to the first page of this thread and read my comments. I saw all of this coming down
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

i agree that Kiff isn't a good coach but SC is still talented enough to beat the Ducks and beating a team twice is still difficult.

I'll also say that after doing some reading around....ZERO way the Ducks don't make the title game if they win out and stay #2 in the polls. Since 04 when the formula was tweaked, 1 and 2 in the polls have always played for the title. Oregon will get a schedule bump in the computers by playing SC and Oregon State.

Basically, Bama and Oregon just have to win out and they'll play for the title.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

No broken femur us great but still a severe injury with ligament damage. I winder if he'll redshift next year and then try to return.
    Yeah from what I read there are two different kinds of knee dislocations, sounds like he has the one that is associated almost all the time with a minimum of an ACL/PCL tear. He tore his other knee about about two weeks from a year ago today and made it back for the start of the season, granted completely different with the extra ligaments torn. Everything I've seen Spurrier say is that he thinks Latti redshirts next year. "Tell 'em I'll be back," Steve Spurrier said of what Lattimore told him to tell fans today.

In other news, today is his 21st birthday.