Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL 2012 College Football Thread

Media Days just wrapped up in the SEC and are about to start elsewhere. Mizzou and Aggie are part of the SEC while other leagues will look different as well. Can the SEC win 7 in a row? Will USC win it with 2 great WRs and a QB? Does LSWho have a QB? Does Bama rebuild or reload? Big 10?

My preseason top 5:

1. Bama- lost some great players but the kids stepping in have played and this team is probably more talented across the board. 3 1st team all SEC Oline guys, crazy depth at RB, the deepest WR class Bama has ever had, and another stacked defense

2. USC- Barkley and those WRs are sick and nobody in the Pac12 should challenge them.

3. LSWho- A new QB, how do they respond to getting throttled in the title game

4. Oklahoma- which Jones shows up, the one from the 1st part of last year or the dope that fell apart at the end

5. Florida St- tons of talent, can Jimbo coach em up?

42 days til Bama vs Michigan! ROLL TIDE!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    2. USC- Barkley and those WRs are sick and nobody in the Pac12 should challenge them.

I'm not sold on Barney leading SC to a championship. He's certainly talented, but doesn't strike me as the type of QB who can take charge and make (positive) things happen. SC also doesn't have a creditable back up QB because Goatboy Kiffin allowed Barney to play just about every offensive snap last year. Almost every fucking one!

And then, of course, there's Grandpa Mumbles who still insists on playing his own version of the "Bend Over and Try Not to Break" defense, the Tampax Cover 2. This may actually work for Monte this year as the senile old fuck finally has some experienced, and fast, players, which is what's needed when defending against spread teams like Oregon. Whether or not he actually allows them to play aggressively (also necessary against the spread) is to be seen.

SC does have a pretty easy schedule this year, not stupid easy like the average SEC team, but easy by SC standards. They'll also play both the Zeros and the French Whores at home. The roadie against the Indians is a toss up as Stanford still has a lot of solid players, but without a QB like Andrew Luck and having an affirmative action head coach, the odds will be easier than in seasons past.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    SC does have a pretty easy schedule this year, not stupid easy like the average SEC team, but easy by SC standards.

lulz....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

spook Guest
    there aren't too many folks saying that nobody in the pac10 is going to challenge usc.

Oregon is washed up already, Spook.

spook Guest
    so i hear.

Just here to say GO BLUE! Can't wait for the season to get underway. Good luck to everyone's team, unless it's the day you play us or you're a Buckeye - then fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    there aren't too many folks saying that nobody in the pac10 is going to challenge usc.
    Oregon is the team to beat. SC hasn't done shit for a few years now, and the Zeros (finally) won a Rose Bowl last year.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

With those Kiffin clowns at the helm SC will always underachieve despite getting there pick of 5 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    With those Kiffin clowns at the helm SC will always underachieve despite getting there pick of 5 stars.
    I'm still wait-and-see with Goatboy. His first year and a half at SC was disasterous, but a light seemed to come on after the Arizona St. debacle and I was fairly pleased with his play calling and leadership for the rest of the season. Time will tell.

Monte, however, needs to be put into a home where he can spend the rest of his days scheming zone coverages and three technique gap containment during bingo tournaments.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

PAC-12 is the new SEC.
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    PAC-12 is the new SEC.
    Hardly.

It's still the SEC atop the mountain and they are not about to be knocked off by any of the old conferences new additions. mizzou and aggie may dilute the sec some, but the top of the sec still rules all.

will be interesting yo see if aggie, a big12 top tier finishes .500 in the sec; i'm betting no for years and its going to set their new coaches career(who they bought out from Houston) back years (but i'm not bitter of that process as a Houston grad).
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

spook Guest
    pac12 would love to be the new sec but they don't have dozens of mindless homers in the media who ignore what a weak conference they are from top to bottom, what a weak nonconference schedule they play and that they refuse to play anybody outside of walking distance. oh yeah, and the pac12 doesn't have a tv contract that shoves their ugly brand of football down the east coast's and south's throat every saturday instead of covering the local conference.

maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWolf View Post
    Just here to say GO BLUE! Can't wait for the season to get underway. Good luck to everyone's team, unless it's the day you play us or you're a Buckeye - then fuck you!
    Has Denard learned to throw yet? If not, we may be seeing a lot of Devin Gardner.

Fuck the Suckeyes fo sho.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

pac12 would love to be the new sec but they don't have dozens of mindless homers in the media who ignore what a weak conference they are from top to bottom, what a weak nonconference schedule they play and that they refuse to play anybody outside of walking distance. oh yeah, and the pac12 doesn't have a tv contract that shoves their ugly brand of football down the east coast's and south's throat every saturday instead of covering the local conference.

maybe someday.
    you're right...the SEC conference games week in and week out have proven to be MUCH less of a challenge than the mighty Pac 12.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

when tackle football comes back to the west coast i'll be ready.

maybe someday.
    Willfully delusional is no way to go thru life son.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Somebody tell me how Wisconsin's gonna be this year. Just curious. My daughter's gonna be a freshman there in ~5 weeks, I just bought her a season ticket for Camp Randall.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    Willfully delusional is no way to go thru life son.
    tell us again about the honorable confederate generals, boy.

tell us again about the honorable confederate generals, boy.
    (snapping fingers). Stay focused boy, football is the topic. You want to discuss history I'm available anytime. If you're gonna call me out get yer facts straight.

So anyway PAC football. Yeah it's a beast. It's the best, SEC is so over rated . Does that help yer fragile ego ???
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by OSECS View Post
    (snapping fingers). Stay focused boy, football is the topic. You want to discuss history I'm available anytime. If you're gonna call me out get yer facts straight.

So anyway PAC football. Yeah it's a beast. It's the best, SEC is so over rated . Does that help yer fragile ego ???

i thought you were talking about willful delusion. stay focused. sports has no impact on my shattered ego.

Quote Originally Posted by ass-to-mouth View Post
    Man. Really?