Hey all,

First time posting on here but someone said give TGR Forums a go for accommodation. I'm a Australian Snowboarder who works in Australia half the year and the other half riding overseas.

I'm looking for a room/place to rent for most of the 2012/2013 season in a town close to Kicking Horse with easy access up the mountain, preferably Golden. I'd be looking to spend 5 months, with just a short break in Jan for 3 weeks to Japan to ride with some friends from Oz. Obviously I'd just keep paying rent for this time.

I won't be working at all, just riding pretty much everyday for 5 months straight. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even just suggestions as too places that offer good deals for long term stays. A room with some locals or people with local knowledge would be awesome though.

I've got my heart set on Kicking Horse and surrounding areas from all the research I've done, the Terrain at KH sounds amazing, since I'm not much of a park rat until the snows all melted. I really love my power and hiking backcountry and KH sounds like a great place to improve my off piste riding. If I have no lucky getting a place to stay around Golden, then Obviously I'll start looking at other places.

A little about me, I'm a single male, 25. I've been doing Snowboarding trips since I was 19 and I've done 2 seasons and numerous Snowboarding trips throughout Australia, NZ, Japan and Europe. I'm a really clean person and also love to party. Any help would be great

Cheers,
Joel