Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-19-2012, 01:41 PM #1
Mechanical Engineers: posting at BCA
This sounds really sweet: http://www.backcountryaccess.com/about/jobs-at-bca/
The Quality Engineer is a key and highly visible member of BCA’s product development team. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, have a broadening base of engineering experience and be capable of working within a diverse group of resources to accomplish his/her responsibilities. This position uses both engineering fundamentals and real-world user experience to fortify the quality of all Backcountry Access products.
This is an entry to mid-level staff position in the product team. The position leverages operational resources for execution of production level quality assurance programs as well as technicians for pre-production quality development work.
The ideal candidate must have an advanced working user’s knowledge of backcountry ski gear and possess demonstrated ability to field test gear and provide immediate feedback. Must be an active backcountry skier and/or climber. Position reports to Director, Product Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates procedures and performs inspection and testing of raw materials, materials in process and finished goods.
- Creates consumable information from test data and determines the suitability of the tested aspects relative the anticipated real-world use scenarios.
- Develops and maintains data acquisition and testing equipment used for all aspects of quality control.
- Works with product team to solidify user insight and provide technical support via the customer service department.
- Keeps quality records for all aspects of product life cycle including design and production validation testing.
- Drives supplier and process development and qualification.
- Handles quality issues as they arise from RAs and/or production.
- DVT & PVT test oversight
- Provides status updates on responsibilities on a weekly basis to Product Development Director
- Oversees regulatory compliance and certification, e.g. TUV, Pi, ISO, FCC
Qualifications: Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science
Work Experience: Work experience with the application of testing and statistical analysis to identify and mitigate risk. Preferred: 2 years post-graduate experience working with material testing, statistical analysis, design of mechanical systems, data acquisition systems and the application of these to problems effecting the risk analysis in product decisions. Experience working with global supply chain quality control and with electronic product development and production is a plus.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org