Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WOO-HOO!! Silverton Unguided Pass, Trigger = Pulled!

After finally getting down to Silverton last season for one day filled with blizzard conditions, sideways snow, sustained winds of 50+ mph, whiteout conditions @ ~ 50 feet, the choice was clear.

Unguided Season Pass, Trigger = Pulled!

(now, who are the mags in the region that have a nice place where i can park my storm chasin' van? and more importantly, who also have a nice shower)

In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

^^^I confused. Are you not in Canada? If yes, that is a long ride in the van. Props to you for your dedication, but then I think your doing it wrong. I confused
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

^^^I confused. Are you not in Canada? If yes, that is a long ride in the van. Props to you for your dedication, but then I think your doing it wrong. I confused
    Nope. He's in Colorado.

Pluff. The lady and I might be heading out there for a week next winter. If we end up in Silverton you will have to show us around.

didn't they have a good year this year? may mean high dry for 12/13. just sayin.....

rog

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    nope, i'm in colorado, but i am ~ 6 hours away from Silverton.
    i'm planning on making two trips; two weeks each trip.
    one at the end of early unguided (get a week of unguided and a week of guided (hopefully standby guided w/ standby heli-drops)).
    one trip at the end of guided, playing the same game in reverse.

not that i think my legs/lungs can handle that many days in a row there, yet. (begin: Training for Silverton!)

Quote Originally Posted by esales09 View Post
    Pluff. The lady and I might be heading out there for a week next winter. If we end up in Silverton you will have to show us around.
    that would be awesome, i would love to meet you in person.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    didn't they have a good year this year? may mean high dry for 12/13. just sayin.....

rog
    snowfall kinda sucked last season in CO (record setting low totals (i think)).
    SW CO was low last season as well, although there were some good storms down there from time to time.
    two years ago had record setting high snowfall totals overall for CO and exceptionally goodtotals for SW CO.

here's hoping it swings back again.

silverton is a unique and great place. if you look at my company website you will see many shots from there in gallery, including the background shot of every page which is silverton facing billboard.

i am economy traveler and have met many good people camping in parking area. great times, great people

i have been schooled on those mtns with too small skis after big snows. go fatter

brills are great people who took big chance and created something that must be experienced. big lines with less avi risk.. i hope to take copter this year.

silverton is great experience. I will go again. and again
    avoid groups that you dont know in guided season.
    my best times were alone or with friends during unguided season.. the open areas during unguided do get skied out relatively quickly.

bottom line: great place
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    snowfall kinda sucked last season in CO (record setting low totals (i think)).
    SW CO was low last season as well, although there were some good storms down there from time to time.
    two years ago had record setting high snowfall totals overall for CO and exceptionally goodtotals for SW CO.

here's hoping it swings back again.
    ah, was thinking of 2 seasons ago. colorado, especially sw is awezome. enchanting. big.

enjoy!

rog

Quote Originally Posted by pfluffenmeister View Post
    [...] blizzard conditions, sideways snow, sustained winds of 50+ mph, whiteout conditions @ ~ 50 feet, the choice was clear.

It's like that Every.Single.Day!

Or your money back!

Cant decide if this pass is worth it or not working Monday through friday 9 to 5 in Boulder... guess its more of a question whether i can make it worth it or not. Guess its this or a 5 mountain...

Well, I live in Tucson, and I have managed to get my money's worth from my Silverton pass the last two years. Look for the big Ambovan with the Believe sticker
    Life is tough. It's tougher when you're stupid

I have never been to Silverton, but have been meaning to get out over the last few yrs (excuses, excuses). I am making a trip out this winter no matter what.

Nice purchase!

Coming from the north, the big issue is how much it's snowing on Friday. You have three passes to get through. If you can take a week or so and spend it there (bring something to read) it becomes very cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolson View Post
    Cant decide if this pass is worth it or not working Monday through friday 9 to 5 in Boulder... guess its more of a question whether i can make it worth it or not. Guess its this or a 5 mountain...
    busterhymen worked out the following math:

For 399 you not only get unguided days, but half off on guided and heli drops.
    I worked this out once for the break even:

Guided only:
    399 + x*79 <= x*140 for x >=399/61 == 6.54 days.
    So even if you go guided only, it pays for itself in 7 guided days.

If there's a heli every day, then it's

399 + x(155) <= x *(290) for x >= 399/135 == 2.95 days.
    So if you get a heli lap every day you go, then it pays for itself in 3 days.

edit: not to mention the 5 days each at monarch, a-basin, and loveland.

Yea...looks like im gonna snag a pass tonight. Are there any blackout days for the 5 days at monarch, abasin, and loveland?

Just read this:

Details: Discounted pricing is subject to change at any time. Limited amount of Passes available at discounted rate. All Passes are only good for unguided skiing. January 14 through April 4, 2013 is blacked out (meaning you cannot ski between those dates except for your 10 guided days with a Solid Gold Pass). The 10 guided days require reservations. Nothing associated with the Pass is transferable. The Passholder and only the Passholder may use the Pass at Silverton or the other ski areas. Passholders MUST come to Silverton Mountain to activate the Pass before using at other areas. Blackout dates for other mountains are as follows: Monarch: Dec 26-31. The Pass and associated benefits may be revoked or suspended for not following mountain rules. NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON. Some areas will give a medical injury refund, we are not one of them so please stay healthy. Additional details apply for all passes. Call for more info.

*Still think im gonna go for it. Kinda sucks you have to go to Silverton to activate it though. I wonder how early you can do that cause its nice to go ski abasin or loveland early season before the backcountry fills in...

Yup, they might wanna rethink the activation thing?

I wonder if they don't look at the pass from the stand point of south guys going north for the Partner places, rather than the other way around.

For sure a good pass, and a good cause.

Trigger pulled along with everyone in my crew. See ya at Silverton this winter! 2 dollar beers ALL DAY!

Nice work on the pass purchases! The activation clause is flexible, so you can ski early up north. Only a few days left to get them..

^^^ do the passes have to be picked up in Silverton, or can they be mailed to our homes?

Jen at Silverton said that she would just mail the passes out. Send her your address. Jen@SilvertonMountain.com

Stoked!!

^^^ word!

we should make some turns together.

With the days at the other resorts this is an awesome pass!

^^ Yea Pfluff! ill pm you when the snow starts falling.

last chance for $399 unguided passes (they go up to $499 august 1, regular price $799).