Seattle Motel, Eats and Sights recommendations wanted

I'm formulating a unique little excursion with my son and pondering riding the train down from Bellingham for the afternoon and a Sounders game, stay the night and catch a flight out the next morning. Any insights on decent motels, food/libations and places to check out would be appreciated. Anyone want to hook up for a beer or three 8/2?

TIA
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

I'd definitely be down to hook up for a beer. Should be around since that's a Thursday.

Can't do too much in terms of recommendations, as I'm generally either working or playing outside. My mom really likes The Pink Door near Pike Place market, but that's about all I got.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

If you like sushi, Shiro's was the best meal ive had in my life.
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Thanks so far!. The train is out and we'll have wheels. Auvgeek, I'll drop you a line when we get closer to the 2nd. Of all the years I've been going to Bellingham, I've spent little time in Seattle and hope to at least get a chunk of the afternoon and dinner in the city before the game.
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

The Public Market has a lot of options (including the Pink Door) like Pike Place Brewery, Maximiliens (reasonably priced french bistro with a killer view), The Athenian, Cafe Campagne, Matts In The Market, etc.

Tons of restaurants on first too.

Hotel Andra is about 4 blocks away and is pretty reasonable as far as Seattle Hotels go.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Looks like the trip to the NW is getting canceled or at least postponed for now. Thanks fore the input.

Anyone want (2) midfield Sounder vs Caledonia AIA tickets for Aug 2?
    Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com