Marzocchi fork questions

I have not been very impressed with the newer Fox forks. I was leaning towards a RS Revelation since it seemed like Marzocchi had a pretty bad reputation for a while. It seems like they have cleaned up their forks and people are really liking them with good reliability. So what forks have they had problems with are there specific year/models I should avoid. What would you recommend for a Ibis Mojo SL 1 and 1/8th steer tube if it matters. I would really like something with on the fly travel adjust. Something in the 150mm range is probably what I am looking for. I would also like to try an x-fusion fork but there are not as many on the used market in my price range.

FWIW, I had some issues with my '08 Bomber 44 TST 2. Marzocchi was cool and fixed it up for me, but it would've been cooler if the problems didn't happen in the first place.

Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti is the best feeling fork I have ever been on. No travel adjust but with only 150mm travel why bother...

I guess you could get the 44 Micro Switch TA if you wanted the travel adjust, but then you don't get the nice buttery smoothness of the coil fork (44 RC3 Ti).

Marzocchi had a few problems around '08-09.
    Before that, they built the best forks available.
    After that, they were back making the best forks available.

They also have, hands down, the best customer service of any fork manufacturer, perhaps any component manufacturer.
    I've called them on several occasions and have yet to leave a message. A real live human being picks up every call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

thanks that is what I was looking for. I will try to find something 2010 and newer. It will probably come down to price but I think I will try to find a revelation or marzocchi 44 possibly a 55. The 55 travel can be reduced internally is that correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    Marzocchi had a few problems around '08-09.
    Before that, they built the best forks available.
    After that, they were back making the best forks available.

They also have, hands down, the best customer service of any fork manufacturer, perhaps any component manufacturer.
    I've called them on several occasions and have yet to leave a message. A real live human being picks up every call.
    This....
    No, the real point is, I don't give a damn
    - Carl