Sublet in Seattle?

My girlfriend and I are moving to seattle and would like to sublet a place for a month or three to give us time to find a more permanent place. I've been keeping my eye on craigs-list, but I figured I'd try here as well. Anyone?

If you're open to the U-district, I bet you could find a student's place if you commit to 3 months. I'll ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    If you're open to the U-district, I bet you could find a student's place if you commit to 3 months. I'll ask around.
    Kinda dirtbaggy but aren't the UW dorms in the summer subletting? Probably cheap.

I think only students are eligible, and not cheap at all (though shitty food included). Sublet.com is good too.

OI've got some friends who live on Bainbridge Island who might be going to europe for 3 months...not finalized yet, but they might be willing to sublet, or they might even be up for a caretaking arrangement.

It's a big shingle-sided home on the water on a small cove with two docks and a filtered shoreside saltwater pool. It's well treed and very private and walking/biking distance to Winslow village proper and the ferry docks.
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

We're looking to be in seattle by the first of June (have to be out of our current place by the 30th). We were looking at any of the downtown neighborhoods with reasonable highway access, in rough order of preferance: capitol hill, wallingford, U-district, freemont, QA etc. The idea with this is that we can live in the city and get a sense of what we like and don't like about the different 'hoods before deciding on a more long term place.

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    I think only students are eligible, and not cheap at all (though shitty food included). Sublet.com is good too.
    I believe the dorms require you to be a student of any college, and also the same gender as the renter. As it's both my GF and I moving down, that pretty much ruins any dorm or college owned housing options. Being a (very relatively) older couple, makes it odd to move into an empty room in a college house as well, though we're not totally opposed to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Rover View Post
    OI've got some friends who live on Bainbridge Island who might be going to europe for 3 months...not finalized yet, but they might be willing to sublet, or they might even be up for a caretaking arrangement.

It's a big shingle-sided home on the water on a small cove with two docks and a filtered shoreside saltwater pool. It's well treed and very private and walking/biking distance to Winslow village proper and the ferry docks.
    That sounds amazing, and as tempting as it is, I think that we should probably confine our search to the mainland.

Seattle is truly a city of 'environs'...each area forming a distinct culture and attendant 'feel'.

Two of my favorite areas are actually Fremont and Wallingford. They are both upcoming hip areas, but not yet to the point of being Capital Hill or Qieen Anne hipterish, just pleasantly so.

Capital Hill and upper Queen Anne are really cool, but on a 24/7 basis can get old. Filled with lots of posers. I like lower Queen Anne area better.

Don't forget about Magnolia and across the bridge, Ballard is cool. Lot's of great pubs and of course ESB/Redhook is there (or is it Ballard Brewery?).

Greenlake, while more residential, is often overlooked. Home of onr pf the best bike shops in all of Seattle. Also former home of Kurt Cobain.

U-dist is busy busy busy and crowded, like a city within a city.

- -
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."