Thread: Valdezeased

Valdezeased

Diamond

The Tusk

Meteorite

and more, much more

here...

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13342

...or you can scroll down, way down through the systemoverblow'd rants, to the 2 part installments here on TGR.
    Last edited by akdusty; 06-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Worth clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by akdusty View Post
    If you don't have the time to click the link above, DON'T, it's no big deal.
    NO it's that we don't give a shit to go to another forum to help you out. You post a picture from 6 years ago, a shitty photoshop filter pic and one from any movie out this year and tell us to go to another website to get clicks. How about you fucking post a TR here instead of trying to help someone else out?

I clicked the link... enjoyed it...

Thanks for putting the link here.
    "Go Balls Deep!"

doughboyshredder Guest
    Nice TR. Worth the click.

doughboyshredder Guest
    Translation:
    "I'm cooler than you. Touch me. I'm a rockstar."

SnowMOWER = Douchebag

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMOWER View Post
    The tusk had already been hiked four times before u showed up. Even heli skied as well by Jerry. Your claim is shit that the locals had bagged by the second week of feburary. I bet you just snagged a boot pack. The other stuff u skied with a heli and the gunbarrels is not that sick. Seems like another tailgater to me. You guys are snowboarders aren't you? Now get over yourself cuz there ain't one og thing happening here.

I was up there at roughly the same time as akdusty and had hiked and skied the Tusk the week before. Although that was indeed the forth time it had been done this year it was only the second time anyone had gotten up on the 'lens' (the very steep unsupported snow field just below the peak). On the day Dusty went up there were six other people that tried to hike the Tusk. Of these, Dusty was the only one that made it up on the lens. Heli landings on the Tusk are done on looker's right shoulder and the descent from there completely miss the lens, which is the most exposed and steepest part of the line. Descents from below the lens (either hiking or heli) aren't that uncommon. Descents from the lens itself are very rare. In addition, when Dusty did his descent there was quite a bit of not very well consolidated new snow on the line. As such, it had considerable objective risk, particularly on the lens where even a small sluff can take you for a 2000' ride with a cliff drop thrown in.

Further, when he hiked and rode the gunbarrels, the cornices at the top of the chutes had become very fragile and were coming off with some regularity. As such, he had to spend hours during the hike literally 'in the gunbarrel'. Not exactly a low risk undertaking.

Finally, although he was there during the tailgate thing, he was camped out near the Tsaina lodge (not at the Tailgate zoo) living in a tent and/or igloo for a couple of weeks.

The stuff Dusty did up there this year (often solo) was definately legit and I just hope all the bad-mouthing he's getting for trying to post some stoke here doesn't convince him not to post here anymore.
    "I just want to thank everyone who made this day necessary." -Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by wcf3 View Post
    The stuff Dusty did up there this year (often solo) was definately legit and I just hope all the bad-mouthing he's getting for trying to post some stoke here doesn't convince him not to post here anymore.
    He didn't post stoke here. He linked to somewhere else.

That was great. Thanks.

wow some crazy shit here ^^

anyway yea i bookmarked that thread - those pics were absolutely incredible - def wanna see again.

This is a sweet TR..

He posted a link rather than copy and paste the whole thing here, whatever. People don't get shit like this for posting YouTube links instead of imbedding and that's way easier than re-linkng all the pics in a TR this size would be, so why all the hate?

Amazing trip, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    This is a sweet TR..

He posted a link rather than copy and paste the whole thing here, whatever. People don't get shit like this for posting YouTube links instead of imbedding and that's way easier than re-linkng all the pics in a TR this size would be, so why all the hate?

Amazing trip, thanks for sharing!
    Because it is standard practice around these parts. FHV posts links to her stupid blog and we tell her to post inline. Someone posts their for sale ad from NSers and we give them shit, etc. This hippy peace and love bullshit that has come down the pipe recently where we're supposed to suck everyones dick because they post pictures of skiing on another site is making this place lame. We used to hate on morons like this, but now that the floodgates are opened it's all butterflies getting fucked by unicorns up in this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    it's all butterflies getting fucked by unicorns up in this shit.
    Someone had to do it and it's a rainy Sunday so I figured I'd break by unicorn cherry...

Quote Originally Posted by SnowMOWER View Post
    I think what were trying to say here is:

#1 if you wrestle for TNA and not WWF don't post a TNA link on a WWF site.

#2 if the Rock lifts his eyebrow and another fool trys to do the same, your gonna get what the Rock is cooking! YA HEARD
    Oh, you're a wrestling fag?

i liked it. thanks for the link. Alaska stoke has been great this yr. bring more i don't mind an extra click. i'd call it legit but i'm old. take 10 degrees off most of that and i'd be puckered

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    i liked it. thanks for the link. Alaska stoke has been great this yr. bring more i don't mind an extra click. i'd call it legit but i'm old. take 10 degrees off most of that and i'd be puckered
    You do realize how websites make money? That's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    You do realize how websites make money? That's the problem.
    well i thought there was some cool lines. more people post shit like that here and are supported they'll bring more stoke and views, thus more spansers. wasn't my thinking, just diggin the AK shit this yr. ya dig?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    well i thought there was some cool lines. more people post shit like that here and are supported they'll bring more stoke and views, thus more spansers. wasn't my thinking, just diggin the AK shit this yr. ya dig?
    No I don't "dig". the more people champion this behavior the more people will do it. Every buttfuck with a forum will start posting their stuff from their site and using this site as a tool to make money for others. If it was a FS thread or something else others would be calling him out but since it's pretty AK pictures no one will say boo. But I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. You want to be part of the community, sign up and hang. You want clicks? Sign up and post shit to other websites. I'm perfectly happy with calling this person a lame-o. I'm sure if it was a NS'er you homers would be all up in this shit.

fuckin badass dood. maybe i'll jump ship to splitboard.com. you don't post there, do you advres?
    step off the A, bro.

systemwhateverthefuckover -- hows about you go drink a nice big glass of shut the fuck up. what makes u think u speak for everyone here u worthless negative energy spewing toolshed?? u can go fuck off now. thanks

and rock on dusty!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    systemwhateverthefuckover -- hows about you go drink a nice big glass of shut the fuck up. what makes u think u speak for everyone here u worthless negative energy spewing toolshed?? u can go fuck off now. thanks

and rock on dusty!!!
    I speak for myself fuckknuckle.

snowBLOWSCOCK go and fuck yourself. You're a waste of food and I'm sure you couldn't buy a turn.

Dusty, just copy and paste your TR from sb.com to here. It's all the same format, takes about 2 seconds and will save you grief from faggots in the future. I hate having to go to another website too when I know how easy it is for the person posting the TR to click a few extra buttons himself.

Thanks BG. So here it is, part 1 anyhow...

VALDEZ!!!

...field-tested & alaskan approved (at least that's what their stickers say).

OK, 2 weeks in "The Mecca" and this is what I came back with. 73 photos here and not many "action" shots but hopefully a couple that might wake you up and make ya wanna poop.

Day 1 at our new camp, yay!

and it snowed out

Day 2 we rode up The Worthington Glacier to Acopolco

and climbed

to some steeps

then we brapped around a little

and returned back to camp

Then it was out to The Books!

where we turned a couple of pages

and I feel a little smarter already (we backed off the final page of this book because the wind was starting to howl)

but Oh My God!

The Books from afar

The next day was a mellow one on Crudbusters

where I got a good look at the Iguana Backs

...is this sh*t for real?!

Then... a down day around town sight seeing

and the building of our new home

Still yucky out, but into the backyard and onto Stairway anyways

Then the sun came back out and it was off to The Iguana Backs

yes, they're for real

fun in the sun

Time to take a short break from hiking and do a little heli-ing with Valdez Heli-ski Guides! (when in Rome...)

Back to real life... of being a ski bum that is

to be continued...
    Last edited by akdusty; 06-05-2012 at 01:00 PM.

bonerberg

Quote Originally Posted by akdusty View Post
    So I've Copied this TR from my original posting on Splitboard.com and Pasted it here on TGR multiple times now. Only to be told "Thanks for posting..." a moderator will look at it and post it later blah blah blah. To no avail! Who is this moderator, Systemoverblplff? If anyone would like to see some good TRs and not a bunch of bitching blathering bashing punk bullshit, I recommend going elsewhere like Splitboard, Teletips, BigLines, anywhere other than here. Thanks for wasting my time TGR, C-YA!!!
    What do you mean? Its above, no? Don't be so manic. I'm a mod and although I am admittedly a dumbass, I have no clue what you mean by this waiting period.