Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Alta missing persons

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54...-hike.html.csp

So some of you may know this guy that frequent alta. Surly looking dude. Nearly ALWAYS first in line every day. Goes by the nickname "hardcore" (yeah weird but hes a nice guy). He even introduces himself as Hardcore. Anyway..thought the Alta regulars here might not have seen this and figured ski n snowboard would get the most looks.

If anyone knows anything best to contact da po po....guy really knows the area well and wouldn't get lost.

Hope he's found safe n sound.

Saw that last night. Hoping this doesn't become an RIP thread but no word in 4 days now doesn't bode well

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    So some of you may know this guy that frequent alta. Surly looking dude. Nearly ALWAYS first in line every day. Goes by the nickname "hardcore"
    fuck man, that could be any one of 10,000 doodz, at alta.

hope this turns out ok.

rog

Finstah Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    fuck man, that could be any one of 10,000 doodz, at alta.

hope this turns out ok.

rog
    Nope. There is only one Hardcore.

its ok to say this now cus hopefully hes still alive, but that guys kinda a dick. ive seen him threaten people because they got a spot in line before him and he wasnt happy about it.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

heh

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    its ok to say this now cus hopefully hes still alive, but that guys kinda a dick. ive seen him threaten people because they got a spot in line before him and he wasnt happy about it.
    another wade. so many wade's at alta....

rog

Just found an interview with him.

http://www.altacam.com/local/corry-ehlers.html
    Sent from my Timex Sinclair using TGR Forums

Seems the interview proves Leroy's point,and more

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

Quote Originally Posted by haydukelives View Post
    Seems the interview proves Leroy's point,and more
    The 'rules' he refers to are not first come first serve, its first come gets to save the other three spots on the chair for his friends who show up a few minutes before opening, who are the only people cool enough to ride with him.

Shitty judgement or not I dont really give a fuck if this guy is dead. Yes I am an asshole for saying that in a public forum but the guy lived his life the way he did and now people think of him what they will.

When I die you assholes are welcome to remind everyone I was an asshole on an internet forum. Hopefully there will be enough positive aspects to my life to outweigh my dickishness, but really it does not matter, I'll be dead.

I wish eulogies were honest. Honesty is the greatest respect I can give a person. I hope he's still alive, and he reads this thread, but I can't say he'll be missed if he's not.

If johnny b were missing I'd be bummed that guys a class act.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Finstah Guest
    I think the dude has a daughter. She might miss him a little more than you Leroy.

I hear ya, sometimes the lift line antics at Alta can be a bit much, but it is what it is. In the interview he States that he gets in line on good days at 7 a.m. for first chair. There ya go, get there at 6:45 and it's yours. That's late to show up at Jackson on a good day.

Fact is, for better or worse Hardcore is part of the Alta community. You Leroy, are not.

Johnny B... .Love that dude!

Really hope he is missing in Alta, 4 days of a helicopter flying around and having a town worried about you seems like a waste of resources. Resources that are there because some strangers love other strangers regardless of their liftline antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Finstah View Post

Fact is, for better or worse Hardcore is part of the Alta community. You Leroy, are not.
    lulz

Finstah Guest
    I feel for ya.

Could be time to pack up the fluorescent POC helmet and move back to Colorado?

The "biggrin" thing here is passive aggressive Internet speak... Embarrassing. Glad I don't frequent here much.
    Don't Blame me, I voted for JoJo

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post

Hope he is OK, but what a cunt. I don't wish death on cunts but I will call them what they are. Every ski mountain has their "hardcore" and if you ain't in the gang you're a beater. Skiing/snowboarding is one of the most cliquiest sports out there and it's not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by systemoverblow'd View Post
    Hope he is OK, but what a cunt. I don't wish death on cunts but I will call them what they are. Every ski mountain has their "hardcore" and if you ain't in the gang you're a beater. Skiing/snowboarding is one of the most cliquiest sports out there and it's not cool.
    Not to Hijack but my area doesn't have that person yet. One of the blessings of being only a 10 yr old.

The ski area over the ridge on the other hand.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion View Post
    Not to Hijack but my area doesn't have that person yet. One of the blessings of being only a 10 yr old.

The ski area over the ridge on the other hand.
    You know what they say, if you look around the poker table and can't figure out who the sucker is, chances are its you.

Kidding, moonlight is a great spot, and I never encountered an asshole there besides myself. Thanks for all your hard work you've made that place great.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    The "biggrin" thing here is passive aggressive Internet speak... Embarrassing. Glad I don't frequent here much.
    I'm not really passively anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    I am glad you don't frequent here much, you seem like a pansy.

His name is "Hardcore", so he shoud be ok. Probably just out wrestling bears or something. I think I'm going to have everyone start calling me Icepick. Nobody would fuck with me in the liftine with a hande like that.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by drdevon View Post

Sounds like a real dick, but I really hope he's ok. Maybe he just checked out for a few days and he turns up. I hope he's ok so I have the chance to ride first chair with him on a powder day. Saving the three spots behind you for your buddies is bullshit.

LOL what a douche that guy is

i hope hes not dead

hope he is OK.

But.... i have never heard of that "rule" before, seems like total bullshit... if his friends want to grab first chair they should probably get in line at 7am with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Does he walk around with a kipa / yamaka on his head? Looks like one in his photo no? That would help identifying if he's by chance in town.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TGR Forums

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    hope he is OK.

But.... i have never heard of that "rule" before, seems like total bullshit... if his friends want to grab first chair they should probably get in line at 7am with him.
    Seems to me that the lift ops must agree with him, or he wouldn't be able to do it. I generally agree with the first guy getting some say over who gets on the chair with him, as long as they get there before opening.

So the guy wants to ride the lift with friends, what difference do those three chair spaces really make to the people on the second chair? They will still be skiing untracked powder.

If I show up and there is someone ahead with an empty space on the chair, I ask if the space is available, if they say they're waiting for a friend, I accept it, it's not a big deal. It seems to me crazy to demand the space. What if he was in the cafeteria sitting at a table, waiting for friends, with no one else in the whole place, would the next folks who come in demand to sit at it because they liked that table the best?

I hope the guy's alive, and gets to hold space in line for years to come.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Seems to me that the lift ops must agree with him, or he wouldn't be able to do it. I generally agree with the first guy getting some say over who gets on the chair with him, as long as they get there before opening.

So the guy wants to ride the lift with friends, what difference do those three chair spaces really make to the people on the second chair? They will still be skiing untracked powder.

If I show up and there is someone ahead with an empty space on the chair, I ask if the space is available, if they say they're waiting for a friend, I accept it, it's not a big deal. It seems to me crazy to demand the space. What if he was in the cafeteria sitting at a table, waiting for friends, with no one else in the whole place, would the next folks who come in demand to sit at it because they liked that table the best?

I hope the guy's alive, and gets to hold space in line for years to come.
    Ok. But then the next 5 chairs want to do the same thing...now the're 15 people who didn't wait, like you may have, snaking your lines. Fuck that.

Sent from my DROIDX using TGR Forums
    Last edited by My Pet Powder Goat; 05-27-2012 at 12:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid