Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    my favorite kiting movie : http://antandroy.f-onekites.com/

Just because kiting rocks my world and i'm obsessed with wind.

bottomless pow at my ski hill beats hanging by a thread everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bsideindy View Post
    my favorite kiting movie : http://antandroy.f-onekites.com/

Just because kiting rocks my world and i'm obsessed with wind.
    The F-One guys make great kite flicks. This is still my favorite even though it's a few years old, gets me amped every time.

This video is pretty cool for the windsurfers and SUPers out there
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Yb1bcW2T4Pg

Another vote for kiting. Grew up windsurfing, done it my entire life. Learned to kite last year, so much eaiser on your body, hands down. Plus you can take your gear anywhere.
    Don't waste your time or money getting into windsurfing. Pay the etra $ and get a kite set up and you will be super stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by axebiker View Post

I'm not under any illusions of what my 40-year-old body can and cannot take. Let's keep it civil.
    Fuck Civil.

At 40 you should RIP at everything. I am 51 I ski harder, play harder and ride harder than I ever did when I was younger.
    Use that shit up, just don't crash. I am working on landing forwards off summer wind-chop. THROW yourself into the air.

I have some friends in their early 60's here on Maui that are ripped as 20 somethings and charge big waves all winter.

Middle age starts at 72.

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Fuck Civil.

At 40 you should RIP at everything. I am 51 I ski harder, play harder and ride harder than I ever did when I was younger.
    Use that shit up, just don't crash. I am working on landing forwards off summer wind-chop. THROW yourself into the air.

I have some friends in their early 60's here on Maui that are ripped as 20 somethings and charge big waves all winter.

Middle age starts at 72.
    FUCK YEAH!!!

Right on!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mnflyfish View Post
    Axe, I have a friend who's really into this, there's even an upstart film company locally. PM me, I might have an opportunity for you.
    Will do, Jay!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Still haven't managed to doing anything here, but I'm at Pawley's Island this week, so we went out paddle boarding yesterday, and our kayak is going up for sale as soon as we get back home. Plus...it'll get me into the hot MILF scene on the Mpls. lakes!! I'm going to try to grab one of those boards to be able to "surf" a bit as well. The guy that took us out had a lot of knowledge from that standpoint, and was really great. We might rent an SUP for the remainder of our time here in SC. He was a surfer though, so didn't have a lot to say about kite/windsurfing, other than a lot of people do it, but he surfs...and a fair number of times, he's on his SUP.

Still thinking about it though. Probably more toward the kite thing these days though. I think I can line up some "bro-deals" on those.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I didn't start kiting until I was 42 and I thought I would be an old guy in a young mans sport. Not true. At almost 50 now I fit right into the middle of the age range for kiters here. Don't prematurely age yourself. I would say a a great day kiting in killer surf equals bottomless pow laps. If you want to learn. The beginning of summer is the time.

Yeah...I guess I haven't planted one foot in the grave just yet... Might have to do a lesson day or something, and see if it rocks. SUP will be alright in the meantime. I can perv out. Which is good.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Another kiting vote. Plus you get the bonus of kiting snow covered lakes in winter.

http://www.waketonka.com/rates-and-camps.html

This guy has an X-Star he rents out with all equipment, instruction and fuel for $110/hr. Get 6-8 people, everyone chips in $100 and spend a nice day on the lake.
    Boat's are expensive, that's not a bad deal at all. The waterskiing/wakeboarding in the MW is generally a lot better than the sailing.

NOT looking for motor-powered stuff - thanks though.
    Gravity. It's the law.

I think you just admitted that you were a pussy when you were younger.
    A fucking show dog with fucking papers

Fuck Civil.

Middle age starts at 72.
    FUCK yeah. I'm 60. 30 days skiing, 60+ days kiting March-Nov on East coast and 100+ climbing and I'm no pro anything. Most of the kiters I know are 50+ and they rip. Never stop. That said, I've messed myself up and had scarier stuff kiting than anything else. Just don't fuck up.

After 4 months, I have to say that SUP'ing is a great workout, and has some benefit I never had considered before. That said, I'll also say that as a person with low back disc issues, proceed with caution. Don't overdo it. I did. After as many months, I'm beginning to feel better, but it was a painful summer in terms of back tweaks. Some were downright brutal. I really like doing this though. The other nice part is that it's something my wife is into as well, and unlike bikes, when she falls, the consequences aren't quite as severe. But man...with as windy as it's been the past week or so??? I bet kiting would be NUTS!
    Gravity. It's the law.

^SUPing's definitely a back strainer. Glad you're feeling better.

Fuck Civil.

Middle age starts at 72.

Is that you?! Great charging either way... I'm 55 and not afraid to go that high, but still can't get past the thought of throwing a loop. Need to come to Maui, I guess... [dream]
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Midwest? I'd have to say kiting. But in any decent place I'll take windsurfing for sure.
    Light winds? Sure a kite will plane earlier but when the wind drops your kite will drop. Sucks in waves.
    At most breaks you see windsurfers before kiters in the water. It's easy to schlog to the waves if you must on a windsurfer.
    Dont like big gear? A good modern 100 liter freestyle board will plane for most people in 14 knots with a 5.5.
    There is no question that windsurfing is a long learning curve. Think of it as skateboarding. How long before you can do a decent ollie? Sure you could rollerblade but who wants that?
    Finally there are quite a few people coming back to windsurfing like some snowboarders came back to skiing. Both are cool but the sensations are different. To me kiting has little glide, too much cranting, jumps are like hangliding. What's scary in a jump is how fast the ground comes back at you. Hanging there floating is just different .
    The only place where really kites really shine in my mind is strapless surfing. That looks pretty cool.

I got into windsurfing in high school and college. The lack of wind in Colorado, or at least lack of consistent wind, made many days a pain in the ass (changing sails, paddling back to shore).

So, I bought a long skate board, drilled a hole through it and mounted my universal on with a 5.0. All you need is a parking lot with no cars or cracks. I've sailed for hours without touching the ground, learned to jibe, as well as duck-jibe, and can get all four wheels sliding while carving turns. My friend clocked me at 43 mph at the Coors Field parking lot one day. Anyway, it has now been about 5 years since I've sailed in water. Have fun!

Windsurfing

Dear this is nothing but the kiting, about this it is very easy and enjoyed by everyone. It depends that how the wind is flowing, if it is in a fine order then it is quiet good to play this event. You can get more about this through INTERNET.
    Thanks.

I know a guy that used to give wind surfing lessons on Calhoun on the weekends, really nice gent that owns a landscaping company as his real job.

I can get you in touch with him when the going outside season comes back to MN if you are interested.

i'll teach any mag for free, the joy of a good wind surf, from my compound on flowing lake.
    lots of water not much snow.
    b

Windsurfing Rocks, if you can get a few days in a row with good equipment and enough instruction to get into the harness and straps and somehow don't like it, then walk away.

When I can make it happen (yyyyears away) I'll summer in the Gorge and probably learn to kite on low wind days, for now I'll keep pushing my WINDSURF jumps then go for the forward.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

its all fun! what i like about the kite is you can ride just about anything. and that keeps it really interesting for me.

Close enough? Kiteboarding pics, spectator in Cabarete, Dominican Republic.