Premiere CS3 Crashing on Export?

I recently got a helmet cam and have been filming various outdoor activities. In college, I learned a bit of video editing on FCP, but that was ~12 years go. I'm using Premiere Pro CS3 since I'm a PC user and love what it can do, however, when I go to export my videos, regardless of the format, it will freeze/crash. I've tried uncompressed AVI, media encoder with H.264, and a few other options. I've re-rendered, rebooted, and remade the video multiple times all to no avail. I have exported videos with less clips with success, but I don't think this one is over the top. Its about a 7 minute video with ~50 clips, 4 transitions, 3 audio tracks, and 1 audio transition. I'm on a Lenovo Y470 laptop with Windows 7 home premium (64 bit). Its an i7 2GHz processor with 8gig ram, and an NVIDIA GeForce 550M video card. The project and scratch disk is the primary hard drive. The video originals are stored on a portable USB3.0 drive. I'm trying to export to the primary drive. Would love to get this solved once and for all so that I can continue to produce movies to share with family and friends.
    It's not tragic to die doing what you love.
    http://www.flickr.com/pearljam09/
    http://pearljam09.blogspot.com/

Your computer crashes or the program crashes?

If it's the program, which one? Media encoder or Premiere itself?
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I was recently having the same issue using v5.5 I found that one of my clips was corrupted - upon import no audio track was coming with it - though it played normally when viewing the clip with VLC media player.

I pulled the section from the project and then it export worked fine, I haven't had time to examine exactly what is going on. In short, maybe one of your tracks is not importing correctly? Oh, the section with an issue was from a goPro...

It's been a while since I've used CS3 but windigo reminded me of something. Don't you have to convert gopro files before CS3 will even ingest them? (IE: mpeg streamclip or something similar?)
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp