6 11.54%
  • Fuzz

13 25.00%
  • Kidwoo

9 17.31%
  • dfinn

4 7.69%

VOTING - MPC #84 - 5/15-5/17

Voting will close Thursday night with the hopes that a new MPC can go up Friday morning before the weekend. Thanks for all the entries and I'm real pleased to see some different stuff in this one.

Here are my 5 picks in no particular order

Skiingislife

Wilbert

Fuzz

Kidwoo

dfinn

I had a couple ideas for this one but my lack of skill and lack of freetime conspired against me and I wasn't able to make anything work.

I like the short time frame for voting btw.. it will be nice to have a new topic by the weekend!

I'll put some effort in to the next one minus the cheesy self experimental over processed layering. Some good shots here.

Fuzz's pictures make me want to buy a full-frame camera.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Didn't you buy one and then go back to a crop? Or am I mistaken?

I bought a 5D classic and sold it in order to keep my 50D. I wouldn't mind picking up a newer 5D2 at some point, but it isn't happening for a while.

Just wanted to make sure I was thinking of the right person. Carry on.

Wow! I'm really excited to be in the running with such great photos. I feel like mine was the result of pure luck. I was taking shots of the Sangres on a flight over Southern CO with my manual 80-200 lens when another flight passed a few thousand feet below us. I've missed so many 'spur-of-the-moment' shots with this lens because I didn't have everything set just right.

Fuzz's photos are always so well composed and executed, this one is no different. Kidwoo got my vote though because for obvious reasons that picture just blows my mind.
    Last edited by skiingislife; 05-16-2012 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Wow! I'm really excited to be in the running with such great photos. I feel like mine was the result of pure luck. I was taking shots of the Sangres on a flight over Southern CO with my manual 80-200 lens when another flight passed a few thousand feet below us. I've missed so many 'spur-of-the-moment' shots with this lens because I didn't have everything set just right.
    So much of photography is being at the right place at the right time! You had great lighting too -- the plane is pure white against a gray background. As the saying goes (and true for a lot of my photography), "It's better to be lucky than good."

Fuzz's photos are always so well composed and executed, this one is no different.
    Thanks. These MPCs have really made me think and plan my shots, rather than just go out and shoot whatever I see.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    Thanks. These MPCs have really made me think and plan my shots, rather than just go out and shoot whatever I see.
    Psshhh.......when it comes to the planning part, I got this one sewn up!

The fact that it's not nearly as good of a shot as yours aside and all....... (it's actuallly just a frame from a timelapse)
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Not saying you can or can't capture that image on a crop but I'm wondering what makes you want a FF because of that image?

Fuzz,

Why did you decide to go to B+W for this shot?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Not saying you can or can't capture that image on a crop but I'm wondering what makes you want a FF because of that image?
    I'll let smmokan answer the question directly, but one point is that this shot doesn't really show the full-frame effect because it is heavily cropped and shot at f/8.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn
    Why did you decide to go to B+W for this shot?
    First, I wanted a more muted colors/chrome-type look. But didn't have the right setting. The streetlight in the upper left was bright yellow. The grass on the left was green. Lots of orange and blue reflections off other lighting. The colors were too distracting. With B&W, I could focus on the key and the car.

Fuzz I think you nailed that shot. It screams gangster to me. Gangster about to go take care of business. The elastic cuff on the jacket really adds to it. I dig it, great concept and excellent execution.

I'm curious too on what Summit sees as the full frameness of that image. That almost sounds like the ole "Nice picture! You must have a really nice camera."

Quote Originally Posted by Altmanator View Post
    Fuzz I think you nailed that shot. It screams gangster to me.
    Glad I'm not the only one who smells dead hooker coming from the trunk.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

I'll have #85 up soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Full-frame...so good, you can smell the dead hooker!

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife
    I'll have #85 up soon.
    Congrats -- your shot was pretty much a perfect combo of the theme + execution. Looking forward to the next one (make it a beach/vacation theme...since I'll be in Mexico ;-))

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    between fuzz's trunk and some reno shots I posted a while ago, it seems you smell a lot of dead hookers

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    between fuzz's trunk and some reno shots I posted a while ago, it seems you smell a lot of dead hookers
    You're the one 'bringing art to the people' yo.