Green River B Section Camping Help

heading to the green next week for a few nights. no boat, just wade fishing. planning on camping at dripping springs and most likely will for atleast a night but just wondering about the hike in/float in sites on the "B". They seem pretty close to little hole (3/4-1.5 miles) and i'll be hiking. one web site with some info that im reading right now says that hikers are required to bring a portable toilet even though there are shitters down there behind cottonwood camp. is this true? im not trying to hike a portable shitter in if its not necessary.

anyone hike in to camp at stonefly, sandcamp, bootleg, or cottonwood camp before? from some of the pictures ive seen of the sites, they look very $.

Only floated, but the camp sites kick ass although the hike-in sites are a bit more crowded in general. Still well worth it. You probably already know this, but you sign up on the board and pay at Little Hole. My understanding is also that you will need to bring in a portable john, meeting their requirements (self contained - no five gallon buckets). This may have changed, it is a bit ridiculous if you are camping near one of the toilets, but once again a few idiots ruin it for everyone. BLM is the agency in charge I think, maybe give them a call at 435.781.4400 to get the latest scoop.

Seems like this brochure isn't available on BLM site anymore, it has good info:

http://tinyurl.com/84gfhtd

This is another reason I'm happy to live in Alaska, very few places require you to carry your feces.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Used to be able to camp right across from little hole but it was to much effort to haul your turds back across the river and they turded it up for everyone. I've never owned a flushable groover wag bag your shit and you'll be fine. The shitter @ cottonwood was still closed a couple weeks ago but should be open now. All those campsites are sweet, even trails end. Grasshopper should fish great in the am @ 900cfs
    fuck dripping springs, cedar springs or deer run are way nicer.
    Honey duein hard this week to try and secure a hall pass to get away for a few days next week myself.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno