Beer Ski, Drinking Beer on a Ski

I have a little project I am working on over the summer. I am going to take a pair of used K2 PBR skis and set one up as a shot ski, with hardware from https://www.facebook.com/shotz.ski. The other will be a beer ski with 16oz maybe 12oz glasses mounted on it.
    I made a beer ski after college by epoxying pint glasses onto the surface of a ski. The problems were it was hard to clean, and the epoxy eventually failed.
    I am hoping I can tap the masses for ideas on other means of attaching a beer glass to a ski in a way that it can be released and cleaned.
    Eventually I would like to have these auctioned or sold with proceeds going to the Search and Rescue and Ski Patrol I am part of. But before I get there I would like to actually build these.
    Thank you for the help.

I use this crazy 2" velcro to mount batteries to a viewing monitor I use. Shit is insanely strong. I have to grab a corner and pry the things off. I assume it would hold up to what you want to do. And if the adhesive eventually wears off, just apply some more?

Binding Freedom insert in the ski in each position, and a bolt fastened into the base of each suitable glass.

How about some gorilla glue, rare earth magnets and a small piece of metal. Glue the metal to the skis, and the magnets to the bottom of the glasses

What honkey can't get his shotski in the dishwasher?

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    How about some gorilla glue, rare earth magnets and a small piece of metal. Glue the metal to the skis, and the magnets to the bottom of the glasses
    I think this, but use rare earth magnets on both sides. Glue a ring of magnets to the bottom of a glass, then stick a magnet to each magnet on the glass, dot of glue on each magnet, and clamp the whole glass to the ski, rinse, repeat. And from the ski to the glass to do the other glasses. That way there's no misalignment in the magnets, and they'll hold better.

If the ring of magnets isn't enough, then fill in the circle with magnets too. You can get a crap ton of 'em pretty cheap from online sites, quality is fine. I would advise against gorilla glue for this application, it foams up to take up space, but gluing ski-magnet or glass-magnet are pretty much perfect surfaces, so the foaming action isn't needed, and may gum up the magnets at worst.
    Last edited by angrysasquatch; 05-09-2012 at 11:30 AM.

I drove screws through the base into plastic pint glasses on a DPS Lotus 120 190cm to make a four glass carbomb ski. Remove the screws for cleaning!

Sent from my DROID4
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I guess that gives new meaning to the word: "brewski", eh?

Why not just do what normal people do and keep your shots in your ski-pole? Allsop used to have a pole that was perfect for this.

How 'bout liquid dampening in the core for vibration dampening towards the tip and use beer or preferably a decent ALE for the liquid?

K2 actually had a ski called PBR???? Couldn't they at least come up with a GOOD beer....like Schlitz?

--
    "The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity - it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it; a jealous, possesive love that grabs at what it can." by Yann Martel from Life of Pi

Posted by DJSapp:
    "Squirrels are rats with good PR."

You have a pair of those K2 PBR skis? I have $1000.00 if they are not drilled.

Can koozies.
    Gravity. It's the law.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=206336
    Irish Car Bomb Shot Ski

I know this project has improved quite a bit since djtnut has been around to update the thread, I'll see if I can get him to post up the final product...

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=206336
    Irish Car Bomb Shot Ski

I know this project has improved quite a bit since djtnut has been around to update the thread, I'll see if I can get him to post up the final product...
    He made a version 3.0? Haven't talked to DT in a while.

I call it the "Bombski". Patent Pending for the travel version 3.0. This project is two years in the making and I do want to make a version 4.0 at some point, but time is at a premium. This version is pretty close to what I've been envisioning. Fully loaded, including the wheeled case, the ski, hardware, glassware and plenty of libations inside, the case weighs in at around 56 pounds. That includes the small bottles of Jameson and Baileys, 8 tall cans of Guinness, PLUS the backup 750ml bottles (one each) of Jameson and Baileys in the bottom level of the case. Without the booze, the case with the ski, hardware and glassware weighs around 41 pounds (checkable without surcharge).

Arrival via wheeled Pelican 1650 case and hefting onto counter while filming with iPhone:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSHqY5kG8d0

Assembly of the Bombski 3.0:

and action!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf_r6ru8vUY

Patent application is in process, but I don't really have any way of easily producing more of these -- yet. If there's enough interest, I'd price it out, but it would probably cost around $2000. My friends at Volkl hooked me up with the Katana from some warranty stock they had kicking around the warehouse for v2.0 and v3.0. The ski and case cost around $700, not including any of the Patent Pending hardware.

Bombski for the WIN!
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Uhhh, Yeah. ^^^^ That. Wow.