Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    So I have a bunch of days on my new, longer 196 Woo's so heres the report: Great float in bottomless fluff, no over-the-bar feeling like I was getting with the 187. I mounted them on the recommended line and have no desire to move them back like I did on my 187's. They also break loose into a slarve better than the shorter version. I haven't had them in true breakable crust, but they were also capable in heavy, overcooked pow. They did better in the overcooked stuff than my W112's or Billy Goats. The Woo's save more than a pound per pair over a pair of Protests of similar length and build. I also buy into the relatively narrower tip of the Woos. I think the tip design of the Protests makes it a bit easier to initiate and carve turns, especially on groomers, but in three dimensional snow I think the Woo tip is more forgiving and lets you switch from a carve to a slarve more readily, especially in tricky snow conditions. Best comparison will be when someone has Keith make them a narrower protest and skis them in backcountry conditions on backcountry gear. Wait, didn't someone do that already?

I have a pair of Woos 1.0 196cm med-stiff carbon. moderate use, 40 days.8/10 if anyone is interested. Mounted once with dynaduke plates. 200?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Old time thread revival. Just bought a sweet pair of Woo2's in a 179 for my wife. She is super jacked about them. Long story (starts with a sprained ankle in Japan) but she is uncertain that she wants to go with the Helio 180's that came with them (but she will try the Helio's) and is kind of leaning towards Vipecs. So, if there is going to be a new set of holes drilled do we go on the dimple or back 1-2cm? All the beta on this type of Praxis seems to indicate that back is better. What says the collective?

Praxis WooTest review

Man, I know most don’t agree with me here and the consensus is going to say -1 to -2 but I would seriously take into consideration what skis she has and where she likes them mounted. I will say I do typically mount my touring specific Praxis behind the line but each one is closer to the line than the last and all of my alpine mounted Praxis are now on the line. Also if this is a tad long or short compared to her normal skis (I feel the Protest/Woo skis shorter than your normal sticks but float better than should), that should come in to play as well. Seriously doubt she wouldn’t be stoked at -1 but I would really think about going farther back than that without seriously considering the above. FWIW I only have the Protests (LOTS of other Praxis, just not woo) but I have mounted them in a couple different spots and have done some touring on them, they currently sit on the line with alpine binders but they are phenomenal in the BC (if I were to go pins I would put those on the line as well). Hab’s new skinnies have me really reconsidering this option, great pick for the wife I think! I’m a little green for sure
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Man, I know most don’t agree with me here and the consensus is going to say -1 to -2 but I would seriously take into consideration what skis she has and where she likes them mounted. I will say I do typically mount my touring specific Praxis behind the line but each one is closer to the line than the last and all of my alpine mounted Praxis are now on the line. Also if this is a tad long or short compared to her normal skis (I feel the Protest/Woo skis shorter than your normal sticks but float better than should), that should come in to play as well. Seriously doubt she wouldn’t be stoked at -1 but I would really think about going farther back than that without seriously considering the above. FWIW I only have the Protests (LOTS of other Praxis, just not woo) but I have mounted them in a couple different spots and have done some touring on them, they currently sit on the line with alpine binders but they are phenomenal in the BC (if I were to go pins I would put those on the line as well). Hab’s new skinnies have me really reconsidering this option, great pick for the wife I think! I’m a little green for sure
    FWIW I mounted said skinny Protests on the line. My full size ones are at -1 and I like them there, but I'm definitely inclined to go forward from there vs. even father back. The skinny version are going to be dedicated touring skis. I'll report back once I've got some time on 'em.

Praxis WooTest review

fuck yeah HAB! Can’t wait to hear about it!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

FWIW her former deep tour sticks were BMT 122's. Even took them to Japan and loved them there and elsewhere so she is OK with mounts being a little further back. That said, she is interested in trying something a little closer to center that allows her to back off the shin pressure. High float, pretty loose, and minimally affected by mank/crust is the priority.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    FWIW I mounted said skinny Protests on the line. My full size ones are at -1 and I like them there, but I'm definitely inclined to go forward from there vs. even father back. The skinny version are going to be dedicated touring skis. I'll report back once I've got some time on 'em.
    Yeah, I think you owe this crowd daily play by play reports when you get home every night. Those sound fucking awesome. I'm kinda in the market for something exactly like that myself. Looks like we're trying to que up another Japan trip next year. Skinny P's sound like a leading contender for that quiver spot

Way to go HAB for staying the course and ordering the skinny protests!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Aggressive in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Please post up a photo of those when you can?

Quote Originally Posted by hoarhey View Post
    Please post up a photo of those when you can?
    I have really lousy service right now, but look back a few pages in the main Praxis thread. There's one in there.

Edit: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...83#post6382083
    Last edited by HAB; 11-23-2021 at 07:19 PM.

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums