Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dear paypal, fuck you.

I've had it with Paypal, as soon as I get the last bit of money out of my account they're getting a 'Fuck you' email... There has never ever been a dispute or chargeback associated with my account. Ever.

We're writing to let you know about a change to your PayPal account.

Starting 11/24/2011, money from payments you receive will be placed in a pending balance for up to 21 days. By doing this, we're making sure that there's enough money in your account to cover potential refunds or claims.

Even though you can't access the money right away, please ship orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal.

The money may be available sooner if:
    We can confirm that the item was delivered.
    Your buyer leaves positive feedback. (Applies only to eBay items)
    This change isn't necessarily permanent. We'll review your account every 35 days and re-evaluate if we should continue to hold your payments. If we decide to stop holding payments, we'll email you to let you know.

Why are my payments being held?
    We reviewed your account and determined that there's a relatively higher than average risk of future transaction issues (such as claims, or chargebacks, or payment reversals). We understand that it may be inconvenient to have your payments temporarily held but please know that we didn't make this decision lightly.

Before deciding to hold payments, we consider many factors. These factors include account and transaction activity, the rate of customer disputes, the type of business a seller runs, average delivery timeframes, customer satisfaction, performance and history.
    When life gives you haters, make haterade.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    did you sell to jongs and they don't like you? they blow large testicles of the bovine variety
    call
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Have you tried calling their customer support? I have found them to be somewhat helpful in the past when dealing with a claim. You may at least get a better explanation of why this is happening.

Paypal does suck in a lot of ways but the protection it offers buyers is hugely valuable in the trust-based nature of online resale.

It would seem that anyone who sells anything of "value" (computer shit, sporting goods) via Paypal account got the exact same message; it's not you, but rather the goods.

I got the same message, and got my money just fine... no hold. I think they're just trying to cover their asses against future claims.

And unfortunately until there's a better (and as secure) option...

You could try using a service like Square or Intuit's GoPayment, but then you have to worry about convincing people to give you their credit card information (which may be hard to do, depending on what you're using it for). Both also charge higher fees if you manually enter CC numbers instead of swiping them.

I got that same e-mail and was pretty pissed off as well. It sucks, but they kind of own the monopoly on that sort of service, so they win. It sucks, but you gotta deal, or ask for personal checks.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Down the valley a bit further on the good side of the 49th
    Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    I got that same e-mail and was pretty pissed off as well. It sucks, but they kind of own the monopoly on that sort of service, so they win. It sucks, but you gotta deal, or ask for personal checks.
    Ya except last I checked I think they said you could no longer make that request on ebay at least. I fucking hate paypal too and try to avoid it at all costs. When is google going to get in on this money tree?
    It's not so much the model year, it's the high mileage or meterage to keep the youth of Canada happy

I haven't had a problem with Paypal yet other than the fees, I only have that payment delay if I use egay. Maybe this is account specific?

I also believe in paypals customer protection, it has saved me multiple times. Probably won't deal on NS ever again after my debacle this summer.

+1 for their phone customer service. Maybe call them and ask for a reevaluation?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

And during the 21 days the money is on hold I'm sure they're putting it to good use...

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    And during the 21 days the money is on hold I'm sure they're putting it to good use...
    This. They are making money off your money and charging you for it. Avoid PayPal whenever possible. It was convenient to use when I buy from a merchant and just want to check out fast but they held up some of my money after a post-sale discount was applied. F them.
    between this and that French guy, it's like there's this niche trend that's trying to come back or maybe never went away that was never popular BECAUSE IT'S FUCKING RETARDED.

I'm with sfotex. I've had an ebay and paypal account for about 7 years and have 100% feedback, and they're doing the same to me. How am I high risk with a 7 year history and 100% feedback? And if I'm high risk, who's low risk?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I'm with sfotex. I've had an ebay and paypal account for about 7 years and have 100% feedback, and they're doing the same to me. How am I high risk with a 7 year history and 100% feedback? And if I'm high risk, who's low risk?
    Same. Account was opened in '03. Buyer and seller. Not one bit of negative feedback. Never any PayPal dispute. Have sent and received a lot and dealt with their fees. Account is linked to my bank and credit card. Them sending me that message to hold for 21 days is utter bullshit.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Is this a PayPal merchant thing?
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

I am starting to get frustrated with Papal as well.

Might be moving on to Dwolla.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.. really? i would almost consider this a scam
    "Even though you can't access the money right away, please ship orders quickly and communicate with your customers. After 21 days, you can withdraw money from each payment as long as the customer hasn't filed a dispute, chargeback, claim, return, or reversal"

why would i mail something that i might never get my money for? not to mention shipping is from that payment so i am not shipping anything with out that money. i don't think i have received any emails regarding this but i just sold my nikon D3000 on ebay and im not shipping anything till moneys been transfered into my bank account

I don't do much selling and receiving of payments with Paypal, but have been a member since ebay/paypal got going and did not receive that letter. Perhaps it was sent to those that have more $$$ coming in. I would contact them to let them know I am not shipping anything until I have been paid. If your history doesn't matter to them, then tell them to fuck off and give buyers wiring instrs to your bank acct for payments.
    EDIT: Most people like myself have some sort of on-line "Bill Pay" with their banks. I wonder if a person could use their Bill Pay to send someone else a payment? I am guessing yes. Saves the sender a wire fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Kind of unrelated, but still a "Fuck You Paypal" thing...they keep insisting I give them my bank account information if I want to continue making paypal purchases. They have my CC info, and I refuse to give them access to my bank or checking account. I rarely sell anything through paypal, but have used it to pay for a lot of things. I want to be able to fuck with them by calling my CC company should a dispute arise and they take the usual attitude of "Fuck You, we can do whatever we want".

They keep telling me I am reaching my limit without being "verified", but so far they have never prevent a purchase. If and when I reach that limit then paypal will no longer get any money from me, it is their choice.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

US Postal money orders.

Fuck paypal and fuck ebay, the same really.
    watch out for snakes

I had this same situation happen to me this fall. Completely blows... only positive feedback and 0 disputes. The only redemption is when you get positive feedback from the buyer, paypal releases the money. I called customer service and they said that they applied this to my account because a) I hadn't sold anything on ebay for more thean 6 months and b) I was selling in a category I hadn't sold in before (ebay motors). Complete BS. I said, "so you are penalizing me for not selling anything on ebay for the past 6 months? Supposedly they will review your account after 35 days and see if they can release the hold. I feel like it's been more than 35 days me... I need to call them again. Fucking Paypal!

This is their idea of seller protection... unfortunately it's at buyers expense.

How else can paypal make more dough besides holding onto your money as theirs for a few weeks? Multiply that by millions of transactions and they're raking in some serious interest on that held money most likely.

Strongarm shit right there. No reason to, yet they hold your money for almost a month? I call bullshit. If I get that email, I'll call custy service and if that doesn't get hashed out, I'd cancel it. Who wants to wait 21 days to recieve payment for something?
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

To add insult to injury, I just made a purchase for a small item on Ebay, and I currently have a paypal balance from with to withdraw. Problem is, all of the US dollar portion is currently tied up in their hold process from an Ebay sale, so they took the money from my Canadian dollar balance and their exchange rate calculations are about 3% favourable towards them comparted to actual market exchange.

So even though I have 100% feedback they are holding my money, and because they are holding my money they charge me an extra 3%... that makes sense.

Fuck you, paypal.

I received a similar message. I qualified for their so-called Advantage program ($5000 in a year) and I have had zero problems in the 3-4 years I have been dealing with them. I was going to maybe sell a few things for some extra Xmas money, but doing the math it may be Xmas before I can get my money. If this is really what they are going to do, fucking sweet timing. Way to look out for those that are making you money already before doing this shit.

I just got another EM, but I noticed EM addy says "servicesomething@ PAYPALL". So I am guessing this is a SCAM and I almost clicked on it. They added that extra L in there so who knows what it is.
    Is this the same thing you all are getting??