Utah May 2 - 13th

Pretty much giving up on the shit weather here and heading to Utah to go bike from May 2 - 13th. First heading to SLC to spin the wheels. Then off to Moab then GJ.

Any TGRtards going to be around especially Moab? Moab would be probably around May 5th timeframe. Would like to do the Whole Enchilada - we could hop on the shop shuttle but if there's anyone around to plan the shuttle Sharon and I would be into that too

There is a decent chance I'll be in Moab over the 5th 6th wkd.

Quote Originally Posted by flowtron's ghost View Post
    There is a decent chance I'll be in Moab over the 5th 6th wkd.
    That would be wonderful to ride with you again! We can go 29ering!

You may have to hold the sauce on that enchilada... I doubt that Burro Pass will be ready yet, but I hope it is for you!
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

No love for the southwest part of the state Lee?
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

Lee, just saw your thread. Going to be in Moab May 4th through 6th then Grand Junction on the 7th. So far we have a shuttle reserved for Friday the 4th at 8:30 at poison spider if you're interested. If that doesn't work lets try and meet up, p.m. me.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    Lee, just saw your thread. Going to be in Moab May 4th through 6th then Grand Junction on the 7th. So far we have a shuttle reserved for Friday the 4th at 8:30 at poison spider if you're interested. If that doesn't work lets try and meet up, p.m. me.
    tony! Shar will pm you as she's doing the planning

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    No love for the southwest part of the state Lee?
    Its tough to fit everything in! Big state

What are the chances of finding good camping if we roll into town around 6 on Thursday?
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

We got to Slickrock early afternoon on a Thursday middle of last October and there wasn't squat. Ended up camping out at Ken's Lake. It turned out to be the busiest weekend in Moab any of us had ever seen, so YMMV.

Honestly, the place is getting overrun with fair-weather Canucks.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Honestly, the place is getting overrun with fair-weather Canucks.
    why I now go to SW UT.
    "A man on foot, on horseback or on a bicycle will see more, feel more, enjoy more in one mile than the motorized tourists can in a hundred miles."
    — Edward Abbey (Desert Solitaire)

I'll be riding every morning this week in slc/pc, let me know if you're looking for a partner/tour guide.

Lee

Will be in Grand Mesa May 11- 15th. Plan on riding the Flowing Park you posted along with Fruita (18 rd and the Kokopelli trails).

PM me and we'll try to hook up on a ride or two.

Kevin in Salt Lake

Quote Originally Posted by tone capone View Post
    What are the chances of finding good camping if we roll into town around 6 on Thursday?
    We got one of the last 3 "legit" spots out in Kane Creek at 7:30 this past Thursday. Some friends had luck over around Klondike Bluffs...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I have a funky call schedule the next two weeks so planning on riding a lot around/near slc. Enduro style...fwiw. PM to hook up for ride/hot showers.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

sorry for late response but been driving to get down to where its dry and beautiful!!!

Frid to Sun Grand Junction - Moab thereafter - Frid to Sun again GJunction!

We rode slickrock, mag 7, and whole enchilada (Hazard Down) last week and it was Awesome! Have Fun!
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    You may have to hold the sauce on that enchilada... I doubt that Burro Pass will be ready yet, but I hope it is for you!
    Just rode it 3 days ago. Shuttles are dropping off at Kokopelli. We rode to the top of Hazard. You can actually ride up a significant portion of Burro if you're up for it. There's still some white stuff on the top of the north facing peaks.

Thx Lev - its warm now so we'd figured to let it sit for a half week more and let it dry out even more

Pics

Mack Ridge, Fruita, CO

Video

Last edited by LeeLau; 05-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Nice pics Lee. I saw that you were riding with David and Sarah from Desert Rat Tours. I rode Ribbon with them, Noel Buckley, and other crew last week at the Fruita fest. Sounds like I was doing your trip a week early. Have fun down there! Awesome place, awesome peeps.

Yup - having a blast and weather's perfect

Lunch Loops - mostly on Holy Cross

Holy Cross vid

Those shots are sick Lee and Sharon, nice teamwork. Glad we met up for a ride. We went out and did Horsetheif Bench after riding with you (thanks for the water) and then went and rode a bunch at 18 Road later that night and this morning. Great end to a great trip, thanks again for meeting up and steering us right.