Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FS: Get in our Shorts this summer ! SALE American crafted Prospect Pants Co.

Shorts are now available on our site.
    Nylus (Extreme bike/hike/board protected against seat wear and water resistant) Shorts Regular Price $79.50 Special $55 Color: Potting Soil (Brown)
    Order 1 Size Larger than you normally wear
    Pictured: Classic 100% Cotton Reg $54.50 Special $38.50 Colors: Khaki, Dark Brown
    http://www.prospectpants.com/index.p...=index&cPath=5

. TOO LONG for You? Ask about custom length 'Name your Length" feature coming soon to site $10

Last edited by MiCol; 05-02-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Those look dope. Just bought one. Thanks Mike.

Can you confirm those are really 13" in length, as mentioned on the website? Is that measured from the top of the waist band or the bottom of the crotch? If it's the former, either I have an abnormally long femur or your model has short legs. But that would mean I don't need a shorter, custom length...
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

13" has gotta be the inseam (from the crotch).

Thanks. That has to be the case. Dunno what I was thinking earlier.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

^^^^ sorry was on road....
    and Wilder, your's are shipped...

The cotton shorts are 12.5-13" inseam.

We have added a feature that allows you to
    have your own custom length for $10. You can go shorter but
    not longer.
    http://www.prospectpants.com/index.p...&products_id=7

The Nylus are 14" (just picked up a load and going to shoot all new pics
    and have up at www.prospectpants.com by tomorrow.
    We can add that custom length feature to the Nylus if there is interest...
    www.freeridesystems.com

I ordered a pair of pants and shorts over the weekend. Looking forward to their arrival.

^^^thanks, those shipped too
    www.freeridesystems.com

hey would you say that they fit more like Old Navy shorts or more like Banana Republic?

i.e. loose or tight. They look awesome, like if Arborwear made shorts, and I'd like a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedtesticles View Post
    hey would you say that they fit more like Old Navy shorts or more like Banana Republic?

i.e. loose or tight. They look awesome, like if Arborwear made shorts, and I'd like a pair.
    sorry I've never owned either of those two brands. I can say that I've measured hundreds of new and used branded pants and banana repubic had almost 4" over the stated tag size added to the waist. So, Im going to say those fit big (meaning you can wear smaller tagged sizes than your real waist size). Ours are more true to your actual waist size. ( if you pulled a measuring tape around it)

Thanks for the positive comments on design ! Wait till I post up good nylus pics tomorrow, nobody makes anything like them. Ive been wearing a pair for over a year now and they are badazz.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Mike. You the man. Thanks for throwing in the 32''s for good measure. Sending the 30"s back to you. These shorts are sick. FKNA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Mike. You the man. Thanks for throwing in the 32''s for good measure. Sending the 30"s back to you. These shorts are sick. FKNA.
    Your welcome and thanks for your business. Based on this transaction I want people to order 1 size larger than you think you need. I have updated the 1st Post in this thread. I wanted to test a few orders by sending both, but I cant afford to send everyone 2 pairs and include prepaid postage.....
    www.freeridesystems.com

Interested in seeing the Nylus pics. Any single color versions? Not sure about the brown/black combo on the website.

oh, WOW! I can pay $10 extra to buy short shorts!

No thanks.

I like 'em short, and I won't pay more for less material.

I like Patagonia Stand Up Shorts with the 5" inseam.

I feel like an asshole in long shorts.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    oh, WOW! I can pay $10 extra to buy short shorts!

No thanks.

I like 'em short, and I won't pay more for less material.

I like Patagonia Stand Up Shorts with the 5" inseam.

I feel like an asshole in long shorts.
    maybe like these

We have already sewn the shorts. If we alter them there is a cost in ripping the seam,
    cutting, and resew. I would have to farm this out to an alteration person as our system
    is only set up for piece work. If one person had to cut and sew a single pair of pants , the
    cost would be $hundreds. Point is after the fact work expensive. Not for patagonia $50-100 shorts since they are using 5th world countries for their labor Buy whatever makes you happy
    Last edited by MiCol; 05-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Nylus

Good for keeping water off your butt
    water resistant PU coated nylon seat and crotch
    inside crotch and seat lined with soft red lining
    fast dry breathable brown main body

www.freeridesystems.com

I just ordered the cotton shorts. Is there any chance they are heavy duty like Carhart shorts? I like the cotton duck of Carharts, but they are just a bit too short for me.

people wear those?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
    I just ordered the cotton shorts. Is there any chance they are heavy duty like Carhart shorts? I like the cotton duck of Carharts, but they are just a bit too short for me.
    Thanks, sent you an email. You be the judge when you get them. They are softer than carhartts. But there is doubled up fabric front of leg and crotch for durability.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Glad to see you're putting a shirt on that mannequin. His abs were starting to freak me out...

Gotta pass by the shop sometime and try a pair out.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    ^^^thanks, those shipped too
    Mine came last night. Thanks Mike. I dig 'em. Just one question: Where is this 7th pocket? Hidden waistband pocket huh? Must be really hidden because I didn't notice it.

For fit data for everybody else: I usually wear either a 32x34 or 34x34 depending on the brand. I wear 34x34 carhartts and 32x34 in oldnavy/gap/bananarepublic/etc. I ordered 34x34 pants and they fit perfect. My "true", measured waist size is 34-1/4" so that sounds about right. The ordered 32" shorts and they fit well as well. They fit differently than the pants. They kind of hang on my hips, right below the waist band. If that makes sense. They are actually a little loose in the waistband and kind of sit where the waistbelt of a backpack would sit. I dig them. If your waist is bigger than your hips or you have a super "muscular" ass you might want to go up a size.

Wearing the pants right now. I would put them somewhere between khakis and carhartts/mountain khakis in terms of ruggedness. Which I think is fine. Won't be as hot and I don't look like a total poser at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Glad to see you're putting a shirt on that mannequin. His abs were starting to freak me out...

Gotta pass by the shop sometime and try a pair out.
    Imagine the looks I got carrying that thing down alleys near boyz town with no shirt and a camera

email or call, someone is around sometimes...or, I should have a Denver store with some to try on by next week
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    Mine came last night. Thanks Mike. I dig 'em. Just one question: Where is this 7th pocket? Hidden waistband pocket huh? Must be really hidden because I didn't notice it.

For fit data for everybody else: I usually wear either a 32x34 or 34x34 depending on the brand. I wear 34x34 carhartts and 32x34 in oldnavy/gap/bananarepublic/etc. I ordered 34x34 pants and they fit perfect. My "true", measured waist size is 34-1/4" so that sounds about right. The ordered 32" shorts and they fit well as well. They fit differently than the pants. They kind of hang on my hips, right below the waist band. If that makes sense. They are actually a little loose in the waistband and kind of sit where the waistbelt of a backpack would sit. I dig them. If your waist is bigger than your hips or you have a super "muscular" ass you might want to go up a size.

Wearing the pants right now. I would put them somewhere between khakis and carhartts/mountain khakis in terms of ruggedness. Which I think is fine. Won't be as hot and I don't look like a total poser at the office.
    ok, QC again proves to slip. Looks like all the pants have the 7th pocket, the Nylus shorts have it, some of the cotton shorts do , some do not. I cannot explain it. I am going to change the info on www.prospectpants.com . I would offer you a pair to exchange but it looks like so far that who ever was sewing waistbands to rear yokes on khaki left em all off. Ugggghhhh! They cant be added without ripping the waistbands open and inserting....(not a good idea) Tell me if I need to make that right with you. I am sorry.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post

ok, QC proved to slip on khaki short pocket. Looks like all the pants have the 7th pocket, the Nylus shorts have it, some of the cotton shorts do , some do not. I cannot explain it. I am going to change the info on www.prospectpants.com . I would offer you a pair to exchange but it looks like so far that whoever was sewing waistbands to rear yokes on khaki left em all off. Ugggghhhh! They cant be added without ripping the waistbands open and inserting....(not a good idea) Tell me if I need to make that right with you. I am sorry.
    www.freeridesystems.com

There is a chance I just missed the pocket. I didn't really know what I was looking for and didn't look too hard last night. Got dressed in the dark this morning and just found the one in my pants while taking my morning dump. Either way, I am not bent out of shape about it. I just got the "Special Lightweight Alpine Edition", possibly?