nice caddis action on Weber today

I hit a nice caddis hatch on the Weber today near Coalville. Was my first time fishing this river and i guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Fished 4-7 and picked up six nice cutthroats and browns including this one. Where should i go tomorrow?

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

nice fish

Nice Work, no whitey's? Used to get covered up by them all the time there.
    Seems like the middle Provo should be fishing well now too.

Why do people set fish on rocks or in dirt? Just curious.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

what's the flow like?

fishing has been great there the past few weeks right above rockport. shitty though cause half the fish have whirling disease

water was clear, low to medium flow i guess although i have no context there. went the next day at the devil's slide turnoff and caught a couple browns, dropped a nice one too. didn't see as much of a hatch except for tiny tiny midges or baetis, couldn't tell. they were sipping on something and my size 16-18 bwo parachutes seemed to be fooling a couple. i will be back.

i don't like hurting fish, and i never keep anything close to a wild trout. sometimes i can't resist taking a photo for the blog or facebook and this time i was alone. does someone have a more fish friendly way of capturing a good fish photo when you are alone?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

It's often questionable if it's worth it, but you can get the camera ready (strongly depends on the kind of camera) and try to pull off one of these:

These (no death grips):

Or best of all these:

Enjoy your fish. But realize that placing a trout on hot, hard, dry and dusty rocks is not good. For a cutthroat, it's probably a death sentence. Unless you're going to eat it, then by all means bonk it on the head, cut the gills to bleed it, season with red chile and enjoy it on some hot coals!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02526.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	115527  

Good tip and nice fish!

In my defense, this is how we do it when i have four hands. Nice mainstem delaware brown taken on apple caddis:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prom balzers apr 2012 015.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	115583

Nice! Fishing is a learning sport - everyone has to learn sometime. Pass on the fish kindness and good karma will follow.

Out west there are plenty of situations where wild trout can be ethically killed and eaten - you can figure out where and when by being observant. I only kill the smaller ones now-a-days, leave the big ones to catch again and the little guys taste better anyways. Many of our streams would be better off if people would harvest smaller fish, but that isn't the mentality of most...