University of Puget Sound

Hey all,
    I'm going to UPS next year, pretty stoked for that.
    Anyone go/going/gone to UPS? Any comments on the ski scene?
    It seems like Crystal($$$) or snoqualmie are the main picks for skiing. I'm from Boulder, so what are those 2 like compared to Vail/summit?
    What's the BC scene like?
    Thanks!

No idea, but your dad and uncle have a moderately entertaining comedy act.

Welcome to the PNW sklar... While I spend my days up at Baker.. Crystal & Snoqualmie/Alpental have the goods.. While you won't find the Back Bowls out here (no where else for that matter) but the local resorts out here will deliver.. The BC scene.. goes 12 months a yr up here..

SNOW-IN-THE-PNW-2011-2012!
    http://bestsnow.net/

Just remember to crack a book every now n then...
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Thanks guys.

Not related to the comedy sklars unfortunately

I'm also trying to figure out how much I'll be able to ski, with that whole school thing going on. Probably not as much as my brother at Montana state...

Quote Originally Posted by sklar View Post
    Thanks guys.

Not related to the comedy sklars unfortunately

I'm also trying to figure out how much I'll be able to ski, with that whole school thing going on. Probably not as much as my brother at Montana state...
    If you are willing to make the drive, I ski Stevens a lot.

xtal ftw

Do any of you guys ski Hurricane Ridge? That might not be a bad BC option.

use the search function; we are tired of replying to the same questions:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ead.php/105908
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 04-26-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    use the search function; we are tired of replying to the same questions:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ead.php/105908
    Solid gold in that thread, nice play.....

"All of them: Baker, Stevens, Alpental and Crustal.

Typing:
    Baker: Dread locked hippie chick, provides lots and lots of fun. While not tall, she's amply endowed with more sweet attributes than any other.

Stevens: Seemingly uptight country clubber, but when the sweater comes off and the proper perimeters are probed, she delivers like a pizza driver on meth.

Alpental: The pierced punk rock chic: TOTALLY GNARLY and don't underestimate her spunk with only 2200 vertical. She'll slay you and her BC makes JH look like the mall.

Crustal: The prom queen who gives it out to everyone. Kinda used up, too plopular and hard to get with for a solitary moment. But o lawdee, if her social coordinator has made space, she gives it. " - Buster.

^hahaaha

Anyone else?

Iggyskier went to UPS. Lives in OR now. You should send him a PM. He's also originally from Boulder.

^ Alkares. fucking gold.

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    ^ Alkares. fucking gold.
    but buster highman wrote those words...... in a thread the original poster should have found before he posted this thread by using the amazing search function.

Quote Originally Posted by basom View Post
    but buster highman wrote those words...... in a thread the original poster should have found before he posted this thread by using the amazing search function.
    Yea... Okay guys, a 7 year old thread a little bit relevant, but not really. This thread already has more replies.

The Swiss

Yea... Okay guys, a 7 year old thread a little bit relevant, but not really. This thread already has more replies.
    That thread needed no more replies after Buster's. In 7 years nothing has changed, his words are true as ever.

And the ski scene at UPS? People ski Crystal a lot because it's closest. People hike/skin out of bounds near Crystal because it's close and snowy. People also ski on or around Mt. Rainier because it's close and snowy all year round. Don't expect to ski in the sun nor ski dry powder, but don't count it out either. Don't expect sprawling hotels or condos or fur coats, do expect brown bags and mismatched Gore-Tex. Don't expect snotty gaper lawyers from New York, do expect to get your ass kicked on the hill by lawyers driving beater pickups. Don't expect to show up with attitude and get shown the goods, do expect to experience the "Seattle freeze" regardless of your enthusiasm. Remember, in the end it's all just sliding on snow.

Hugh Conway Guest
    You need your own special fucking thread! Who the fuck would think you were from boulder? You've got the entitlement now all you need are a Subaru, brandnewtouring gear and a dog named after an Alaskan peak, an obscure poet or some ironic boyband to fit in.

Where the hell is the University of Puget Sound?

spook Guest
    i was never going to go there anyway, but i wouldn't on principle after receiving dozens of letters and postcards asking "how does puget sound?" when i was picking schools.

probably should go to white pass first sklar to get warmed up for what is the cascades. find a young friend to bro around with so you dont get lonely.
    sorry there are no back bowls, we mainly use pipes n bongs here before riding most bowls.
    good luck being a dentist
    bobby