Page 208 of 402 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 10029
    Jason Day, Spieth, Stenson, Phil... All playing cavity back. Stenson's are borderline forged shovels.

But the club feedback... and.. I get it. Do you compete professionally? I dropped the sport for a while but am warming back up to it. Close by & cheap. My 735.CM set has been fun; the blades offer a yudge amount of control, loft, draw, etc. Even for a hacker in the 80s I think there's fun to be had with some mixed sets. But I wouldn't hit a blade 3 or 4 given the option.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Blades should really only be used for professionally or those practicing 4 hours per day. I don't care how gods of a ball striker you think you are. If you're not a +4 you are leaving shots on the course all because you think you're that good. I've been between a +2 and a 2 for the last 7 or 8 years. Every summer I entertain the thought of at least a mixed set. Every summer I build up a few blades in the 6-8 range and every year that experiment lasts a few range sessions. They're just plain not worth it. Forged cavity back irons feel 95% as nice and will save you strokes, period!

For my swing Aldila shafts flat out don't work. I've hit almost every decent release since since the NV. The results are always fine but the feel is so blah. Everything from
    The 125 MSI Rogue to the RIP, ATX. They all have that dead somewhat lifeless feel to me. I build all my own clubs and tinker quite a bit. Hit everything under the sun and keep coming back to Graphite Design Tour AD. For me their shafts have the best blend of feel and kick while maintaining shot shape and dispersion. BB, DI-7x for driver. DJ-8x for 3 wood, DI-105x for hybrid/driving iron. For my swing graphite design and a few Mitsubishis have always been the winners.
    First time noticing this guy, but I like him.

Got any Kevin Burns or Bettenardis laying around?
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Apparently the post men's league card games are getting out of control, they just installed an ATM in the mens locker room. The buy-in's $300, my buddy took down 3k a couple weeks ago. An ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Apparently the post men's league card games are getting out of control, they just installed an ATM in the mens locker room. The buy-in's $300, my buddy took down 3k a couple weeks ago. An ATM.
    Yes. And the waitress with the biggest tits usually walks away with a wad of cash too
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

No tipping. Absolutely forbidden. They get fired, we get booted. We kick in at Christmas ($250) when they add it optionally to the bill. Food and bar adds 15% to bill.

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    Yes. And the waitress with the biggest tits usually walks away with a wad of cash too
    A longtime member felt this way one time. He's no longer a member and has to register as a sex offender now.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

It's a club, just a different kind. I have kids older than the drink cart girl; no sketching on them.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    A longtime member felt this way one time. He's no longer a member and has to register as a sex offender now.
    Al Czervik?

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Mitch Cumstein

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Mitch Cumstein
    Ahhh...night putting

I'm kinda Jonesing for a couple new clubs. Anyone got a bead on a nice, rare Scotty Del Mar, Bettinardi, or Kevin Burns? Also could stand a driver with a real fucking shaft, Bi-matrix or Aldila Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I'm kinda Jonesing for a couple new clubs. Anyone got a bead on a nice, rare Scotty Del Mar, Bettinardi, or Kevin Burns? Also could stand a driver with a real fucking shaft, Bi-matrix or Aldila Rogue.
    You'll likely score any and/or all of those on the golfwrx gear swap.

Turned out Emerald in mid-Michigan was just ok. Lot of hard pan if not on the fairway. Greens rolled really well tho. Hot as fuck.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Jarred a pitching wedge from 144 for eagle. Game is close. I'm on the verge of fleeting confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Jfrost, are you the one who sent me the Gold Mountain Olympic Course yardage book? Used it today and had a respectable outing.

mmm I like that course. I played it midweek last year for $20 off GolfNow - some of the best money spent

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Jarred a pitching wedge from 144 for eagle. Game is close. I'm on the verge of fleeting confidence.

I'm right there too...3 putted from 3ft yesterday for a bogey

What.the.fuck.

In Kennebunk. Where should I play? Anyone around?

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Stupid fricken game.
    Had to quit on 15 yesterday after I ran out of balls. Bit embarrassed to lose more in 15 holes on my home course than I did in total over 6 rounds the week prior.
    Don't feel bad, I did basically the same thing today.

I have been playing a lot lately and shooting in the high 80s on average. I never even considered needing more than 5 balls for nine holes, but sadly had to buy some insurance balls from the clubhouse after the sixth hole. Turns out I would have made it, but wow! That was a painful nine.

I was in funk past couple weeks.
    Slowly getting out.

Yesterday I had 5 looks at birdie and 3 putted to bogey them all in the first 12 holes.

Then I started drinking and closed out 16-18 with 3 birdies.

I think I just figured this game out.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by nutmegchoi View Post
    I was in funk past couple weeks.
    Slowly getting out.
    If you are practicing correctly that is the nature of the game. Don't force it. Always go back to something you are comfortable with. Like lazy 8 irons to 110 yards.

Anyone see Rich Beem with the Bullseye putter contending at the PGA? I pulled mine out of desperation a month ago and liked it. So, I bought a Seemore FGP and it's working for me. I like no offset. I'm also getting reputation as a good bunker player. Three sandy's yesterday. 6-7 up and down last weekend. Practice paying off. I spend a lot if time hitting bunker shots. But, I shouldn't be in the bunker that much either.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    If you are practicing correctly that is the nature of the game. Don't force it. Always go back to something you are comfortable with. Like lazy 8 irons to 110 yards.

Anyone see Rich Beem with the Bullseye putter contending at the PGA? I pulled mine out of desperation a month ago and liked it. So, I bought a Seemore FGP and it's working for me. I like no offset. I'm also getting reputation as a good bunker player. Three sandy's yesterday. 6-7 up and down last weekend. Practice paying off. I spend a lot if time hitting bunker shots. But, I shouldn't be in the bunker that much either.
    I didn't expect I'll only get better, but I hoped non stop growing period would last a little longer.
    My lessons with new instructor are going well though.
    He was able to recover my irons and now we are working on hybrids and driver.

Speaking of a putter.
    I just learned how to use my supposedly really nice putter. lol

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1470144461.193183.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  415.4 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1470144477.215362.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  381.9 KB

What's it say on the bottom of that putter? Vintage Titleist Cameron's are valuable.