Page 207 of 402 FirstFirst ... 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 10029
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

Sftugbtw- this is for you. On back tees of new#11 on re-route at weequaic . 10th hole now a decent par 3 , 11 a 555 yd par 5 all the way to corner. Plays real nice, eliminates the old tee ball layup on 10.
    Lol... not sure if I've posted this before. Lived on Warren Ct. in South Orange for a while. I had an elderly next door neighbor who had his county card and played Weequaic religiously. We'd drive over there and split his $8 greens fee - they'd let me on for free. I was probably 12 that year... 1988 or so. I must have played there 50 times that summer. Hard to believe that's it... place used to be a real shithole. Would love to play it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1469416050.594229.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	356.6 KB 
ID:	185417

Favorite time to play.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1469416050.594229.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	356.6 KB 
ID:	185417

Favorite time to play.
    You like losing golf balls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

I could use a new driver. I'm still using a square Nike driver. Priority is on being in the fairway as often as possible. Don't mind last year's gear. A good looking club is essential, too. Must feel comfortable at set up which I realize is completely subjective, but any suggestions?

I'm a sucker for good shafts, too. Just reading a bit it looks like the True Temper loading zone or the HZRDUS might be the ticket with this new fangled 'mid-soft' design. Maybe an Aldila Rogue?
    Last edited by guroo270; 07-25-2016 at 07:14 AM.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Speaking as someone who doesn't own one, I don't see how you could go wrong with the Taylormade M1. If you like staying in the fairway, choose either the 10.5 or 12 degree loft (depending on just how much you like being in the fairway over distance).

Taylor Made preowned is having a sale: http://www.taylormadegolfpreowned.com

You might also look into a Tour Edge model. They make nice clubs with good stock shafts. The MSRP is high but they're usually on sale because their drivers don't sell. Dunno why. Fairways and hybrids are money.

$125 from Tour Edge Preowned for an E7 Beta:
    http://www.touredgepreowned.com/Prod...sp?InvID=12046
    Last edited by 54-46; 07-25-2016 at 10:33 AM.

I just picked up a used M1, 12 deg, dialed lower loft, settings neutral, its been awesome, so forgiving, one 260 yard fade after another.

So, I look up golf shop places today to go feel a couple clubs and I find a place online that potentially has been closed down (zero ratings, no reviews, in business since '72, etc). It's a real place, but quite interesting. The guy has a smattering of used clubs for sale, but it's mostly garbage shit. Lots of Snake eyes and off brands. But he's got a section for Miura irons with just club heads. They look pretty stunning, but never heard of them. He says the guy that runs Miura comes from an old school Japanese Samurai sword metallurgist family. Great looking stuff. He said people come in from the surrounding 5-7 states to come see him for them. Interesting stuff.

I went in some snooty place in SF when I was 14, but it looks like a bit of Mularky. Don't get me wrong, I like the finer points like spine alignment of the club and cryo-forging, but still.

Anyways, something that crossed my mind before but faded because I figured it was nothing was the fact that a driver is $400, but $450 with an upgraded shaft. Seems reasonable. Hell, in high school I paid $300 to have a Fujikura Speedster 90 gram put in a $350 Ping Isi driver, and $250 for an AJ Teck metal X in my 3 wood. So I'm thinking, find the driver with your shaft in it already and call it a day.

Mind blown - they ain't the same shaft. Like Tuff Shed selling their real shit from their site, but selling a paltry version at Home Depot or Sherwin Williams shit paint at Lowe's compared to their dedicated stores, these guys paint a shaft the same color as the real deal and stick the crap shaft in every off the shelf driver, but sell the real thing separately online or through distributors to club fitters.

Now I'm not a total fool. I've raised an eyebrow to the price difference before, but chalked it up to how much easier it is to buy a million shafts and plug them in at the factory level. I didn't realize they were selling shit to everyone. I just thought shafts had gotten way more popular so the big companies decided to put good shafts in their clubs. Dude said he could put a Kajekura shaft off the shelf in his tester and it would obliterate it while an aftermarket shaft would be completely in tact and unfazed. Crazy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3OjYpVZXCc
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

It's kinda like a fake Louis Vuitton being sold at a Louis Vuitton store if you ask me. I get it that there's LV in stores and on that street in NY in the stalls, but you'd think that with this reputation in the golf industry and 'tour pros' and 'pro shops' and stuff like that you'd be getting the real deal.

It's not exactly the folex sucker experience. Bullshit.

you haven't heard of Miura irons? They basically invented the Japanese forged market. Tour Stage was another lesser but still kick ass make, i played their cavity backs for a few years until i figured out i'm nowhere good enough for the clubs. The top lines on these clubs are something like just over 1/8", kinda like a sword...but different.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Heading to a hang with family in mid-Michigan tomorrow. Looks like we're hitting the Emerald in St. Johns so my BIL in Grand Rapids can join. Anyone played it? I'll try to get a few pics up, reviews look pretty sweet, like a workingman's Gaylord/Grayling experience...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    you haven't heard of Miura irons?
    You mean Nike Tour Forged? I've heard of them

You mean Nike Tour Forged? I've heard of them
    um, did i stutter? Miura is to Nike like Maybach is to a W123. review

um, did i stutter? Miura is to Nike like Maybach is to a W123. review
    Just flogging the rumor that Miura oem'd some irons.

Just flogging the rumor that Miura oem'd some irons.
    hadn't heard, that wouldn't surprise me. But more as a foundry for their designs...

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    I could use a new driver. I'm still using a square Nike driver. Priority is on being in the fairway as often as possible. Don't mind last year's gear. Maybe an Aldila Rogue?
    Just get a new head, any brand these days is killing it, but the face flex cycles on the ultra thin face have a lifespan......truth.

4-6 months if you are a pro and practice a lot, year for super serious amateur with at tour average or slower than tour average ball speed, 2 years+ for normal amateur with LOWER than tour average ball speed ( @165MPH ball speed).

steel face 3 woods will last longer, and the cup face on your square Nike is hahahaha, most likely OK, but just get anything new, never hit, like Ping, Nike, Calloway, Titleist. Any model from all these companies from, the last 3 versions, if new, have great forgiveness and performance.

Rouge is money. Get on a launch monitor and get the right spin ( shaft weight) and then optimal loft if you can. Just compare current models with shaft to find the right weight shaft and loft. Current models actually do not have enough difference to hugely effect numbers. Tip the dude fitting you with the launch monitor.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

you haven't heard of Miura irons? They basically invented the Japanese forged market. Tour Stage was another lesser but still kick ass make, i played their cavity backs for a few years until i figured out i'm nowhere good enough for the clubs. The top lines on these clubs are something like just over 1/8", kinda like a sword...but different.
    I understand this mind set and appreciate the craftsmanship, but when I take a step back and look at golf in the big picture... those things literally make the game less enjoyable. Golf costs a lot of money and is frustrating. The old adage of, "it's that one shot that keeps me coming back" is bogus. I'd like to enjoy my whole day, thank you. Golf isn't usually about how good your best shot is, it's about how few terrible shots you hit. Paying a bunch of money to play worse and feel bad about yourself is not what I'm about. It's like Being Glen Plake skiing the Matterhorn on 210's. I'll take my Lhasa Pow's that make it more enjoyable.

And look up Thousand Oaks. If you're around it , play it. Grandiose setting is how I'd describe it. Big trees, big mounds... Everything seems pronounced. In my top 7.

You have to be a masochist to play blades. Or good.

Mizuno MP 63/64

-the end
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Getting the shaft weight and flex right has far more to do with performance than club head material. And, that's no easy task even using launch and spin technology.

Getting the shaft weight and flex right has far more to do with performance than club head material. And, that's no easy task even using launch and spin technology.
    Abso-lootly

I only use aldila shafts just because I know exactly how each one differs from the other and I can easily pick from their lineup and get what I need.

Took yrs to figure out what was what

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Blades should really only be used for professionally or those practicing 4 hours per day. I don't care how gods of a ball striker you think you are. If you're not a +4 you are leaving shots on the course all because you think you're that good. I've been between a +2 and a 2 for the last 7 or 8 years. Every summer I entertain the thought of at least a mixed set. Every summer I build up a few blades in the 6-8 range and every year that experiment lasts a few range sessions. They're just plain not worth it. Forged cavity back irons feel 95% as nice and will save you strokes, period!

For my swing Aldila shafts flat out don't work. I've hit almost every decent release since since the NV. The results are always fine but the feel is so blah. Everything from
    The 125 MSI Rogue to the RIP, ATX. They all have that dead somewhat lifeless feel to me. I build all my own clubs and tinker quite a bit. Hit everything under the sun and keep coming back to Graphite Design Tour AD. For me their shafts have the best blend of feel and kick while maintaining shot shape and dispersion. BB, DI-7x for driver. DJ-8x for 3 wood, DI-105x for hybrid/driving iron. For my swing graphite design and a few Mitsubishis have always been the winners.

VS proto has a lot of feel. The only shaft I've used from them with good feel. I use it in FWs but I need less torque in driver so I use voodoo version which stabilizes it a ton and gives it boardy feel.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Blades should really only be used for professionally or those practicing 4 hours per day. I don't care how gods of a ball striker you think you are. If you're not a +4 you are leaving shots on the course all because you think you're that good. I've been between a +2 and a 2 for the last 7 or 8 years. Every summer I entertain the thought of at least a mixed set. Every summer I build up a few blades in the 6-8 range and every year that experiment lasts a few range sessions. They're just plain not worth it. Forged cavity back irons feel 95% as nice and will save you strokes, period!
    How can you be a +2 and hit #8 blades for shit? Are you 60?

116 club head speed
    180 stock 8 iron at 6700'

Never said I hit them like shit... Just the one shot that goes 5 yards less and ends up in a hazard cause you missed it by a cm isn't worth it....