Page 146 of 401 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 10019
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Played my first round in over two months after being side-lined with a MTB injury. Low expectations going in... was even on the front nine, one-under through 11... then the rust finally caught up with me and the wheels came off. Two 7's on par 5's - holes that are usually birdie opportunities for me, ouch. 36 + 40 = 76. Golf is such a fucked up game that you can not swing a club for all that time, then shoot four over par and still somehow end up pissed. Haha.
    I was just thinking about this today... What score could I possibly put up that I wouldn't walk off the course kicking myself for some missed opportunity? I shot a 2 over 73 about 6 weeks ago... Shot about 10,000 over 89 last Sunday. Not sure which is more frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Asshole.

Putting is hard.
    agree....thanks A LOT

Which should I play Friday (in Denver area): Willis Case, Fox Hollow, or Wellshire. Haven't played any of these and looking for a good, decently challenging course that's not too pricey...

Having just played Wellshire, but not the other two, I would pick one of the other two. Have been meaning to play both. Check the range conditions... Unless you're playing with Wooley...
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

no range at willis case and wellshire's range is/was closed for some reason.

Wellshire is a good course. Willis Case is easier.

Fox hollow is strange and too expensive for the layout IMO.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Fore! Who's playing golf, yo-

Should I skip those and play Heritage or Legacy Ridge in Westminster?

Walter Hagen would show up for a match directly from partying all night and walk to the 1st tee with a scotch in his hand. Play the first hole in street shoes. No warmups. Kick ass.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Should I skip those and play Heritage or Legacy Ridge in Westminster?
    Yes. Legacy did not punch the greens this fall. They are fucking minty perfect.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Walter Hagen would show up for a match directly from partying all night and walk to the 1st tee with a scotch in his hand. Play the first hole in street shoes. No warmups. Kick ass.
    Umm, walter hagen won, how many..... 4 British opens? he most likely could show up however he liked and destroy. I don't think we can compare, eh?
    Terje was right.

Ok, when we play in Denver, you get to pick the course, bunt from the ladies tees, and I'll give you 6 strokes. But you don't get to warm up, you drink whatever I serve you, and you play in sneakers. $100/hole. Deal?
    Last edited by stfu&gbtw; 10-22-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    Hugh Conway sucks

I've played some of my best rounds hungover and with no warmup and the same for a lot of people I know. I think it's because you're just keeping it simple in that state.

Then again, I've probably had more rounds where I didn't get to warm up and I play horribly for the first 5 holes, then play well after that and I'm bummed that I didn't get a chance to properly warmup.

After you have hit 50,000 or more shots, hitting warm ups are redundant. After you have hit 50,000 or more shots, warm ups are trying to touch your toes.

Odds for Wooley beating Spook
    Stroke play - 97 %
    Stroke with HC - 93 %
    Match play w/HC - 50/50

Odds for Wooley beating STF&B
    Stroke play - 20 %
    Stroke with HC - 65 %
    Match play w/HC - 50/50

You ARE learning how to play golf, Spook. 90% of matches are won before going to the 1st tee.
    hah

I have an old friend from college era that I played golf with a fair amount post-graduation. By temperament he is a habitual fire-fighter, a pressure-loving kind of guy who enjoys gambling etc. He knows I don't gamble in that trad sense. He was also a good 8-10 hdcp pts behind me in those days, with a younger brother who was one of the nation's best jr golfers. He already had pressure on himself when playing with me if we played even, but that wasn't enough for him. Also it wouldn't help him try to win. Instead of negotiating holes on which I'd give him +1, he'd insist on money wagers, trying to fuck with my head. And all in a good-natured way. He knew the rattled skilled player can be beaten by the unrattled duffer.

After you have hit 50,000 or more shots, hitting warm ups are redundant. After you have hit 50,000 or more shots, warm ups are confined to thinking about trying to touch your toes.
    Remember the Walrus.

Then again, I've probably had more rounds where I didn't get to warm up and I play horribly for the first 5 holes, then play well after that and I'm bummed that I didn't get a chance to properly warmup.
    I'm more familiar with this, usually I would try to get there early and hit a half-bucket and do some putting, and regret it if I didn't, but I've played well with a head full of EtOH induced cotton wool and a mind that could barely focus.

Works for me.

After you have hit 50,000 or more shots, hitting warm ups are redundant. After you have hit 50,000 or more shots, warm ups are trying to touch your toes.
    Pretty sure Rory, Tiger, Bubba, et al have all racked up a few more than 50k shots, and they still warm up. You should send them an email or something so they know to stop doing that. Idiot.
    Hugh Conway sucks

I don't need to play at that level to have fun or win. Or kick your ass in a fair match. Bet you like playing One on One hoops with the little kids in your neighborhood.

I don't need to play at that level to have fun or win. Or kick your ass in a fair match. Bet you like playing One on One hoops with the little kids in your neighborhood.
    So we have a deal then? Denver course of your choosing. I play from the blues, you play from the tee box of your choice. I give you one stroke on holes ranked 1-6. You play drunk and in sneakers, no warm up. Match play. $100/hole. 18 hole minimum. Lock it up.
    Hugh Conway sucks

^^ We're going to need a full TR with pictures if this actually happens. Golf off!

gopro that shit

^^ We're going to need a full TR with pictures if this actually happens. Golf off!
    We'll need a ref...

Of course, first we need Wooley to figure it's worth $1500 or so to defend is his abject stupidity.
    Hugh Conway sucks

spook Guest
    there's probably enough money in this thread to help wooley defend himself.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    there's probably enough money in this thread to help wooley defend himself.
    Sounds like Spook is willing to stake you Wooley! Let's go!

This is like a stupidity two-fer... Spook and Wooley joining forces to form some sort of retarded Voltron that can't play golf and can't gamble...
    Hugh Conway sucks

$1 says spook has a range ball or two IN his bag.

^i laughed.
    When playing CO,I only use balata, supplied by blurred.

STFB - Your ability to suck all manner of sportsmanship and fair play out of The Grand Game game is sad only to be out done by your inability to read. Course of my choosing. Who said Denver? Tin Cup GC in February. Skiing will be good. Pro tip - practice putting with a 3 wood to play wet greens with a coating of hailstones. Who said I'd play drunk? 100 a hole would work but I wouldn't need 18. YOU get drunk, I'll not warm up. I'll take the 6 because I could get to 10 with some practice as I have been a 9. You are as good as you will ever be.