Page 172 of 402 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 10029
    Ping Eye 2

Iron - Loft(°)
    1 - 16
    2 - 18.5
    3 - 21.5
    4 - 25
    5 - 28.5
    6 - 32
    7 - 36
    8 - 40
    9 - 45
    PW - 50.5
    SW - 57.5
    LW - 61

I can't imagine what new clubs would be like. No wonder no one carries a 2-iron any more - it'd be ~11°.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Played a two day tourney at Cascata in Vegas this weekend. Very cool golf course, it runs up and down canyons in a mountainside. You really can't see any of the other holes on the course, from the one you're playing. 82-73 t6 and won some skin money the first day. Oh and stfu, I hit a 377 yard drive on one hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Chaska Town Course, probably the nicest public course in the metro and right by chanhassen. Meadows at Mystic Lake is a much better course and experience than The Wilds (overpriced), they usually have pretty awesome twilight rates and now they can serve alcohol on the rez! If you want to drive a bit further out, Legends GC in Lakeville/Prior Lake is a beautiful course that is definitely challenging and always in top shape.

I love MN in the summer and miss all the public golf options, should be a blast.
    Ended up playing Hazeltine National, Deer Run, and Stonebrook. Good shit. I miss the summers here. So beautiful. Stonebrook has a par 4 where you have to carry your tee shot about 220 yards to the fairway across a pretty big lake. Big enough so you need a ferry ride with your cart from this dude:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1438694216.756819.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	168585

Damn, the weather was nice in Wisconsion. mid 80s with a breeze. Iddillic summer!

Played a bunch of golf on some great courses. made some birdies...made some big numbers, love the bent grass greens there, my putting was good.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Damn, the weather was nice in Wisconsion. mid 80s with a breeze. Iddillic summer!
    Right? One day was kinda humid but the rest of the week was incredible.

73 at Monarch Bay with one birdie. Best score I've posted in a while. I switched to TaylorMade tour preferred ball and surprisingly it has made a significant difference vs. the ProV1. It has less spin and flies straighter for me.

Played 9 at the Meadows tonight with an employee who just resigned... Having a conversation to distract me while playing made a huge difference. Still put up one 7, but par besides that. First time I've broken 40 for nine in a while. Playing with my daughter tomorrow, and again on Sunday.
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Been using those tour preferred for almost a year now, I like em.

Closed my grip to help get more lag in my swing and I am flushing my irons and wedges but now I can't hit my driver without a hook or fade most of the time . Missed most of the fairways yesterday. Thinking about using my old weaker grip on just the driver as it was my best club beforehand. Does anyone use different grips for different clubs (putter excepted)? Or should I struggle with my driver till my body figures it out?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Different grips for different clubs for me. Soft for driver, 3 wood, short irons and wedges, strong for mid-long irons and 5 wood. Weird but that what works for me.

Spent an hour and a half at the range just on the driver and ended up with a weaker grip than my new irons grip but a little stronger than before and shot my best round of the year. To finally be able to take a good full swing with my wedges and irons and hit to a consistent distance makes me so happy. I am finally trapping the ball and getting that satisfying click on my irons consistently. Playing 36 tomorrow. Hopefully I can hold on to the feeling.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Holy shit - 90 minutes with just the driver? I can't do that; messes me up. Gotta toss in another club for at least a few swings...

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    73 at Monarch Bay with one birdie. Best score I've posted in a while. I switched to TaylorMade tour preferred ball and surprisingly it has made a significant difference vs. the ProV1. It has less spin and flies straighter for me.

Great ball. I play pro V1x, Nike 20XI x, and TM tour preferred X.

All have identical performance for me, but TM and Titty have best feel. Maybe slight edge to TM

Sent from the other side
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

For all you golfers, the great Spook requested over the support email that his most recent score to posted in here. #hailthechief #97fromthewhites:

"We're in the eye of a shiticane here Julian, and Ricky's a low shit system!" - Jim Lahey, RIP

Former Managing Editor @ TGR, forever mag.

The "great" Spook? Did we ever have one of those?
    Hugh Conway sucks

played The Ranch in Southwick MA yesterday. Some friends came to town to catch a train to Philly to see Phish. Greathorse is closed on Monday so we hit The Ranch. Advertised as a premier golfing destination, it's seen better years. The tees and fairways are nice, but IMO the greens were beat. I think they overwater them, a chip would make a ball mark, and some asshole dragged his feet on every green. It was unbelievable.

As usual, we partied while we played and made plenty of mistakes as a result. We decided that you either play straight and grind, or cease giving a shit about the outcome and just play with your buddies.

I was BIPSIC on 17 after not finding a ball I should have, but counting it as a double (par 3), shot an estimated 88.

For an expensive pay to play course, my opinion is that the greens are too small to move the pin around and have a nice surface with the amount of play they get. It was around $60 since we went at 3. They used to charge $100 and maybe still do. I wouldn't pay it, and usually have no problem wasting money.

http://www.theranchgolfclub.com/

Played in a scramble on Sat...played avg, hitting most fairways and greens but not throwing darts. Knocked down several 20+ footers for bird though.

A couple of them earned us skins...dipshit that had our card never turned it in and it cost us hundreds.

Fucking idiot

Sent from the other side

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    played The Ranch in Southwick MA yesterday. Some friends came to town to catch a train to Philly to see Phish. Greathorse is closed on Monday so we hit The Ranch. Advertised as a premier golfing destination, it's seen better years. The tees and fairways are nice, but IMO the greens were beat. I think they overwater them, a chip would make a ball mark, and some asshole dragged his feet on every green. It was unbelievable.

As usual, we partied while we played and made plenty of mistakes as a result. We decided that you either play straight and grind, or cease giving a shit about the outcome and just play with your buddies.

I was BIPSIC on 17 after not finding a ball I should have, but counting it as a double (par 3), shot an estimated 88.

For an expensive pay to play course, my opinion is that the greens are too small to move the pin around and have a nice surface with the amount of play they get. It was around $60 since we went at 3. They used to charge $100 and maybe still do. I wouldn't pay it, and usually have no problem wasting money.

http://www.theranchgolfclub.com/
    Few things are as irritating as expensive average golf... The worst being when you go to play somewhere good and they've just decided to let the place slide that day, or you get caught behind some dipshit who's trashing the place..

Played behind a drunk 3-some on Sunday and had to pick up after them like they were a bunch of toddlers. Clubs left behind, club head covers, balls left everywhere, and to top it off, somebody in the group got some food at the turn, and then dropped about 30 napkins in the #10 fairway while he drove away from his second shot.

Not a bad day for me... Not good either, but no explosions which was a nice change of pace... Nothing over 6, but a few of those. I can't remember the last time I got around without at least a 7, and there were a couple of 10's this summer. Still didn't keep score, but I'd guess it was about an 85... My 76 in February seems like it was about a million years ago. I would have stopped to enjoy it more if I knew my game was going to shit this summer! Headed out again this afternoon, just for nine..
    Hugh Conway sucks

State mid-am yesterday 14 pars 4 bogeys 75 cut.
    Birdieless rounds suck. Probably had 9 putts finish 2-3 inches of the hole, the motherfucker just wouldn't go in.

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    State mid-am yesterday 14 pars 4 bogeys 75 cut.
    Birdieless rounds suck. Probably had 9 putts finish 2-3 inches of the hole, the motherfucker just wouldn't go in.
    the short ones! i left an eagle putt (long one) 12 ft short, and left 3 birdies short Sunday, dead in the heart. annoying. I cant sniff a 75.

Didn't manage to get out yesterday, but I did today and man, was it worth it. The weather sucked just bad enough to clear the course, without ever really turning to shit. Teed off at 5:30 and wrapped up 18 at 8:05. It should always be like that. Best part about it was I finally shook off whatever bullshit I've been suffering. Didn't score all that well for some pretty shit putting, but that was partially related to some pretty shit greens. All that not withstanding, shot a 12 over 84 that could have totally been a 74. Drove the ball well, hit my irons well, chipped well, but only dropped one of about 10 birdie putts and took two penalties. The putting surfaces were really atrocious... Had two downhill 20 footers on 6 and 7. Hit basically the same putt on each, one of which bounced for 10 feet and stopped, and the other ran 15' past the hole. But whatever... Had the course to myself and had the ball on a string for much of the night. Great times had by one.
    Hugh Conway sucks

took a friend out at 7:30 this morning. gorgeous morning and first off the tee. Played in 3 hours as a 2-some, but holy shit do I suck. I hit amazing shots and make birdies, and then shank, yank two balls into the woods, 3 jack, dump a chip in a trap. underclub a solid shot and just seconds after my brain says, "go in!" the ball dunks in the drink, or a bunker.

and this was just today.

Got the Driver and 3 wood out today. Heading for the driving range on the way back from the Weds night bike ride. Friday is the annual scramble I get invited to and this year they changed it up to a different more challenging course in the area that I have never played.

First off at 730?!

I've never played anywhere that has first group off later than 630 unless it's raining

Sent from the other side

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    First off at 730?!

I've never played anywhere that has first group off later than 630 unless it's raining

I have to tee off at 6 at my home course to be first out

Sent from the other side

Sent from the other side