Page 151 of 402 FirstFirst ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 10029
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Got a round in a week or so ago in Kandy tight fairways+punitive rough+general hackitude=105 (even with a mandatory "ball spotter" chasing down my errant shots and a caddy giving me every line). Alas, back to reality.
    congratulations you are now my #3

Quote Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
    Got a round in a week or so ago in Kandy, Sri Lanka.

tight fairways+punitive rough+general hackitude=105 (even with a mandatory "ball spotter" chasing down my errant shots and a caddy giving me every line). Alas, back to reality.
    Very beautiful holes....wow. Super tight, seems like tons of courses are like that over there...I also imagine like the smoking hot chicks there...
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    Maybe if you play golf in Sacramento.....Bay Area is too far to get 18 and ski a fair number of runs..
    Depends on the month and Poppy Ridge is only 125 miles to Kirkwood.

Unfortunately I have to go to Tahoe the first week of February. Assuming it's still summer-like conditions is there any reason to bring my clubs? Anything close that will be open?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Unfortunately I have to go to Tahoe the first week of February. Assuming it's still summer-like conditions is there any reason to bring my clubs? Anything close that will be open?
    There's a pretty good chance we'll get some snow that week or just before it. It has to snow again eventually. So you'll have to drive at least an hour or so, minimum, for golf.

and on a more serious note, the LPGA's Brooke Pancake just signed a sponsorship deal with Waffle House
    link
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Played the front nine at Broken Tee today. Weather was unbelievably incredible. 72, not a cloud in the sky. Outrageous. The ground even melted off and the course played pretty normally, save for being a little wet. Winter swing in full effect for sure. Birdied 1 and 2, put up 7s on 5 and 6. Shot 42, but generally played worse than that. Putted pretty well considering the greens rolled like we were on jupiter. Had a 40 footer at one point and was tempted to chip. Played with this kid who played pretty good, but man, could this kid crush the ball. Neat to watch. What a great day. Going to play again tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

spook Guest
    isn't Jupiter made of gas?

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Played the front nine at Broken Tee today. Weather was unbelievably incredible. 72, not a cloud in the sky. Outrageous. The ground even melted off and the course played pretty normally, save for being a little wet. Winter swing in full effect for sure. Birdied 1 and 2, put up 7s on 5 and 6. Shot 42, but generally played worse than that. Putted pretty well considering the greens rolled like we were on jupiter. Had a 40 footer at one point and was tempted to chip. Played with this kid who played pretty good, but man, could this kid crush the ball. Neat to watch. What a great day. Going to play again tomorrow.
    Haven't played Broken Tee...good course?

willis case is SOFT. really good conditions. I snuck out for nine at 230.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haven't played Broken Tee...good course?
    Not really... but it was open!
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Xc

Headed out today to play 9 at Applehood. Can't wait. This weather is insane.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Might get out in Vegas Saturday. Torn between LV Golf Club [ghetto, but great folks and history] or Boulder Creek, much newer/longer/tougher, but way further drive...figure with rentals a beater course may be just fine...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

According to my father, who moved to Vegas a couple years ago. The best bang for your buck is the Indian reservation courses north of town off 95.

Another tough winter day in CO... Teed off at 140 and it was a little hot for my preferences. Actually played reasonably well today. Nothing spectacular, but no major fuckups. Of course, playing well at Applewood is like shredding the bunny hill. Christ isn't that forgiving...

What a fantastic way to spend a january day.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Well, after 15 or so years with the same clubs I am treating myself to a new set this Spring. I haven't even taken a peak at new golf clubs since high school so I have no idea what companies people like/hate these days. I shoot pretty consistent low-mid 80s most rounds with the occasional round in the 90s on an off day. High club head speed and tend to hit drives around 250ish average, and don't tend to favor drawing or slicing the ball predominantly-- if it's a bad shot it's a bad shot and no telling which way it will go. Currently playing on Ping I3 irons and driver which I like but it's time to move on. Anyone have any recs for a good new set of irons and a driver? Anyone just get something new recently and really like it?
    Last edited by couloirman; 01-30-2015 at 02:16 PM.

I have to admit, after watching the easy distance this kid I played with this week was getting out of his new Taylor Made irons, it's crossed my mind that maybe I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing with the same Ping Eye 2s I won in highschool. It occurs to me now that that's a while ago. I did demo some Titleist irons one day last year, and the difference in distance was significant. I was hitting the 4 iron consistently in the 240 range, which is currently a really good 2 iron or even a 1 iron for me. I've always hit my irons reasonably well (last week's blading exposition notwithstanding), so it hasn't seemed to be worth the money, but the thought has entered my mind.

I'd be interested to know what you decide and why.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    According to my father, who moved to Vegas a couple years ago. The best bang for your buck is the Indian reservation courses north of town off 95.
    Tell him to check out Mountain Falls in Pahrump.

Pulled the trigger on LVGC. $89 including clubs and two sleeves. Last time I played there got paired up with BB Kings sax player. Good times-

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    Anyone have any recs for a good new set of irons and a driver? Anyone just get something new recently and really like it?
    Getting the correct shaft length, weight, and flex is far more important than club head. Things to consider on iron head are offset, your ball flight, and swing plane. Are you a digger or sweeper? Also, consider the type of fairway you play the most. Are they hard or oversanded.

I have to admit, after watching the easy distance this kid I played with this week was getting out of his new Taylor Made irons, it's crossed my mind that maybe I'm ready for an upgrade. I'm playing with the same Ping Eye 2s I won in highschool. It occurs to me now that that's a while ago. I did demo some Titleist irons one day last year, and the difference in distance was significant. I was hitting the 4 iron consistently in the 240 range, which is currently a really good 2 iron or even a 1 iron for me. I've always hit my irons reasonably well (last week's blading exposition notwithstanding), so it hasn't seemed to be worth the money, but the thought has entered my mind.

I call BS...only Ben Hogan can hit a 1 iron. Well, God can too, but he thinks he's Ben Hogan.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    I call BS...only Ben Hogan can hit a 1 iron. Well, God can too, but he thinks he's Ben Hogan.
    I know, it's weird. What's even weirder is watching me try to hit a 3 wood off the deck. I have some kind of mental block... I don't even carry fairway woods or hybrids - my bag reads D, 1-L, P.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Irons are not about distance, they are about the RIGHT distance. So what if you hit a Taylorbladez 7 iron 200 yards? The loft is stronger, the shaft is longer, and the lie is more upright (draw biased). If you want to play golf for real you need the capability to add and subtract (mainly subtract), draw and fade, and work the ball up and down. Plus if you catch any of those nuclear clubfaces right on the C.O.P. you'll airmail that 7-iron right into the lumberyard. What is required is a set of irons with the right loft/lie/length and shaft with a neutral clubface. But no one makes them anymore save for maybe Mizuno. But you'll hit a Mizuno and it will feel great except you'll be a club or two shorter than the bullshit pocket cavity Bladezormades so you'll say fuck that. Happens all the time.

Wow, what a rant. Sorry guys.

stfu&gbtw can't process hitting his 135 club to a pin 185 away on frozen fairways and greens. Hits his 185 yard 7 iron (look at me!!) stiff but it settles 40 yards long. Thinking of some new irons myself. My Mizuno knockoffs have never surprised me. A good thing. The ball always goes +/- 3 yds from what it felt like it should. Had to hit a 150 yd approach with a knock down under a tree and move it left 15yds in my round today. Swung a 3/4 choked and hooded 6 iron with a draw stance to carry 130 yds and up to 15' for a tap in par. The shafts are 15 years old and showing it. Maybe I'll just get a re shaft.

Still not enough snow up high. So golf will have to do for now.

A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Like a Boss View Post
    Irons are not about distance, they are about the RIGHT distance. So what if you hit a Taylorbladez 7 iron 200 yards? The loft is stronger, the shaft is longer, and the lie is more upright (draw biased). If you want to play golf for real you need the capability to add and subtract (mainly subtract), draw and fade, and work the ball up and down. Plus if you catch any of those nuclear clubfaces right on the C.O.P. you'll airmail that 7-iron right into the lumberyard. What is required is a set of irons with the right loft/lie/length and shaft with a neutral clubface. But no one makes them anymore save for maybe Mizuno. But you'll hit a Mizuno and it will feel great except you'll be a club or two shorter than the bullshit pocket cavity Bladezormades so you'll say fuck that. Happens all the time.

Wow, what a rant. Sorry guys.
    Insecure much? And here, I though the point was getting the ball in the hole... what can I say? I just that sort of gear whore who considers replacing his irons every 30 years or so. I'm sure I'd get so much more feel around the green if I batted my feathery with a nice mashie niblick.

Yes... that's a euphemism for something. Ask Hugh's mom.
    Hugh Conway sucks