Setting up Marz 44 TST2?

I'm trying to set up a 2009 Marzocchi 44 TST2... 140mm, 26" version. Before I dug up the manual online, I started at 100psi since that's roughly what I've run on other air forks. It was awfully stiff. Dropped it to 75, seemed a bit better. Found the manual, saw the recommended setting was actual 37-52 psi for my 155 lb self. So I tried ~40 psi and I could finally work the fork through some of its travel... but the most I could get out of it was about 70mm. Even stationary, with no weight or load on the bike, there was only 100mm of stanchion exposed...wtf? So I bump the pressure back up to 100psi out of curiosity. While pumping, I heard that distinctive "shhhoop" you get when something finally moves in the fork. Now I had about ~150mm of stanchion exposed and if I REALLY worked it, I could get about 80mm of travel.

What is up with this thing? I can have a plush 70mm of travel and reduced ride height or a firm 80mm... help!

Call Marz. Believe it or not, an actual human being, who knows your fork, will answer the phone.
    I know, scary.

For my 66 TST2 they said, at 175 lbs, I shouldn't run any air preload.
    At 155, I'm guessing you shouldn't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Say whaaaa?! A real person? I'll have to give them a call when I return from this biz trip.

Although, fwiw, I did try zero air preload and the result was basically the same as 40 psi... plush, but only about 60-70mm of travel. So if anyone wants to wager a guess to keep me interested until I can get back to the fork and make a phone call.. let's heat it.

Yea, that's a big reason I own four Marzocchis (also because they're smooth like butta).
    The service is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

I've tried calling the Marzocchi USA number and going through the phone system to the service department on a few separate occasions now without any luck. Is there a super secret phone number I should be using?