Question for Missoulians

I'm visiting Missoula this week preparatory to moving there next month. Is it worth fishing the runoff conditions or should I try to find someone to ski with? Or maybe just drink heavily?

Oh and feel free to point me to the best fishing holes/bc stashes, I know it gets lonely out there.

If the water is really off color, go drinking. The drinking is excellent in Missoula!

If the water is reasonably clear you'll find ample wading opportunities on Rock creek, The B-root, blackfoot and the clarkfork.

I don't fish much but there is pretty of fishing, and skiing, to be had in Missoula right now. The breweries are always fun too.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

I'll be in town for 5 days, so I may try for all 3, pending spousal approval...

Fishing may actually be de-prioritized, as the North Utah skiing has been crap this year and the drinking here is always crap. But, the skwalas sound like piles of fun. Guess I'll have to wait until I get there.

I believe Kettle House sells Nalgene growlers -- you could multitask.
    We heard you in our twilight caves, one hundred fathom deep below, for notes of joy can pierce the waves, that drown each sound of war and woe.

Fished while there for work two weeks ago and not sure if the water was getting a bit high because of a recent rain cycle or runoff starting, either way it was creeping up. Was on Rock Creek about 10 miles up from I90 and wading was a challenge but still worth the trip. As Schwerty mentioned, if you could get on upper Rock Creek near Phillipsburg that may be your best bet. Always had good service from Grizzly Hackle downtown and Tamarack brewing down the street isn't too bad for food or brews.