Do I want a Specialized Enduro?

I've been thinking about dumping some upgrades into an 06 Iron Horse 6point that I've been riding for the past few years, but after looking at what I'd have to spend on components to make the bike what I want I figured I'd be better off selling it and buying something else (used). I loved the 6point, but it's heavy. It's been the perfect Duthie bike (where I'll ride flat-ish xc laps then hit the freeride lines and 20ft gaps. Point the thing uphill though, and I feel all 36 lbs.

I've just recently decided to get something new, so I haven't spent a lot of time researching bikes, but I'm drawn to the Enduro. 6 inches, pretty burly, looks like I could jump the thing, and its a shade over 30 lbs. I'm looking for a bike that I can climb on and not be at too much of a disadvantage, but can jump and take tech lines on the way down. I'd rather have a bike that rails on the downhill than an amazing climber, but both would be nice!

My wife rides a small trance, and I've ridden it a few times. I like the way it climbs but it feels super sketchy on the downhills compared to my 6point. Would i be happy with the Enduro? Any bikes that I should be looking at? I hear good things about the sb-66 but being a new model it's outta my budget. Would like to spend 2k or under, hence the used market.

I think you'll be happy on an enduro type bike, if not an enduro specifically (I don't like the way the special-eds fit me). A reign x sort of thing would be another viable option.

Im pretty sure you want to a 575.

Sent from my DROID Pro using TGR Forums

You want my custom Traign x
    Last edited by rideit; 04-13-2012 at 11:49 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Ad libs

You definitely want ____________
    ....................... the bike I own

Go test ride stuff. Tons of good bikes in that category. The enduro is one of them. But just one of them.

Or a Mojo HD, Pivot Firebird, Santa Cruz Nomad, Reign X, Yeti SB66, Intense Uzzi/Tracer 2 etc. Every company makes a bike like this (30ish lbs, 150-180 travel 66-67ish HA, low BB, short CS, pedal up for the down). They are all good. Can't really go wrong with any of em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    But where is he going to get 10 gallons of crisco, a real doll, 14 japanese virgins, a box of strawberrys, a bottle of old harpers, 12 and a half mangum condoms and some rubber gloves at this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by birdman829 View Post
    Or a Mojo HD, Pivot Firebird, Santa Cruz Nomad, Reign X, Yeti SB66, Intense Uzzi/Tracer 2 etc. Every company makes a bike like this (30ish lbs, 150-180 travel 66-67ish HA, low BB, short CS, pedal up for the down). They are all good. Can't really go wrong with any of em.
    I completely agree with Birdman. Shameless spam: I have an Enduro and love it. The 2 step lyrik is perfect for making big climbs actually quite relaxing and manageable. It climbs like a goat with pro pedal on and stepped down to 115. It is a total blast on the downhills as well.

Are you primarily a bike park rider or do you venture out to other epics in the area?