Feeler / Price Police: Top Fuel 8

Long story short is that the Top Fuel I have been riding is a bit twitchy for my liking on the downhill so I am contemplating getting something a little more AM oriented. My idea is to free up some cash while there is still snow on the ground and hopefully find a new bike before the trails dry out. I have seen these bikes listed from ~$1,800 for a base Top Fuel 8 to ~$3k for the higher end carbon models, but I'm not sure what this one is worth.

I bought the bike second hand from a guy last season who didn't ride it since it was a warrantly replacement for his Fuel EX. I guess some of the components were from his old Fuel EX, but I ended up replacing a number of parts including the wheelset, handlebars, shock, tires and rotors. The parts on the bike really don't match what a Top Fuel 8 would come with stock, but I do think it is a pretty decent component spec right now.

I'm trying to figure if it is worth my while to sell the whole bike, just the frame or just keep it as a dedicated XC rig. I don't really know what it's worth so maybe some mags can offer up some advice on a fair price.

Specs:
    Frame: Large 2010 Top Fuel (19.5") - Upgraded to RP23 with Enduro needle bearings (not installed yet) - Still have the RP2 but the rebound isn't working.
    Fork: Pushed 2008 Talas RLC 100-140mm (9mm QR, includes new Enduro seals - ~50km since rebuild)
    Wheelset: Sun Black Flag Pro
    Tires: Nobby Nic 2.25 (Also a brand new set of Tioga Psycho Genius UST 2.2)
    Cranks: Truvativ Stylo (includes new RWC GXP bearings which I haven't got around to installing)
    Pedals: XT Clipless
    Brakes: Avid Elixr R with new organic and metallic pads (One each per brake)
    Front Rotor: 160mm XO rotor
    Rear Rotor: 185mm Ashima Airotor (brand new)
    Handlebar: Truvativ Noir Team Riser Carbon (new)
    Shifters: Sram XO
    R Derailleur: Sram X9 9-sp
    F Derailleur: XT
    Cassette: Sram PG-990 Red (aluminum spider)
    Seat: WTB Rocket V
    Stem: Truvativ Stylo Worldcup

Last edited by Canada Guy; 04-10-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Bump

I would also be very open to a mag sale of just the frame including the new unmounted RP3 and Cane Creek headset.