Prior Husume Vs Coomback

Anyone?

I've never really jelled with the Coombacks I already have.

Husume too similar or betterer spring light(ish) weight touring set up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I cross shopped the Prior Husume and the DPS Wailer 99 last November and ended up with the Wailer because Prior was slammed with orders at that time and I needed something sooner. On paper the two skis have similar characteristics with Prior’s new XTC Carbon construction and rocker-camber-rocker shape.

None of which is very helpful apart from the fact that if my satisfaction with the Wailer 99’s performance in hard snow & spring conditions and the Prior Husume reviews (download this year’s Off-Piste Mags review issue) provide any insight then it should be a very good ski. Less helpful still, one of my touring partners has a Prior XTC Carbon splitboard that gets a, “best board ever” review.

I own the 112RP, have owned the Overlord, have skied the non-carbon Husume, have not skied the W99. But based on reviews and my own experience, would bet a) both solid skis, b) Husume is stiffer and c) since less pronounced rocker - in that parameter Priors are more like a PM Gear than a DPS - the Husume will initiate a bit more traditionally.