What position are people mounting their Blizzard Sliders?

I got on a pair of Blizzard Argos's for the little storm we had in Tahoe last weekend. I started 2 holes back from center and was loving the ski. It absolutely charged the pow and the crud effortlessly. However towards the end of the day when runouts reverted to bumps and groomers it didn't feel right. Bumps were OK but groomers were not right at all. Everything felt very back seat and like I wasn't driving the sweat spot of the ski. I moved the slider up to one back from center and noticed a HUGE difference immediately. Bumps were super fun, groomers were better but still not quite right. I didn't have time to fiddle with it more (laps with friends).

I was very surprised the ski changed so much with so little movement of the plate.

Have people worked out where they like to sit on the slider system for what conditions? Are people moving it back for the AM POW/Crud then to center later in the day, leaving it centered, one back... etc.

I'm new to this (now abandoned) system and wondering what others have experienced/ come up with.

Thanks,

Rich

Their IQ system didn't change anything basic - people have been moving bindings back and forth since bindings were invented; it's a well understood phenomenon. It did make it blindingly simple and easy to do so, but that's all. And although it's disappearing from many of Blizzard's skis, it will remain on some.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And although it's disappearing from many of Blizzard's skis, it will remain on some.
    Ummm, no it won't. I don't have my 2013 catalog in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the IQ system is completely gone next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild4umlauts View Post
    Ummm, no it won't. I don't have my 2013 catalog in front of me, but I'm pretty sure the IQ system is completely gone next season.
    I'd heard (second hand, admittedly - haven't seen the '13 cat.) that the G-Force and Race models would retain the IQ system, but I certainly could be mistaken. I like not getting stuck with their fixed heel bindings, but I do think the IQ/Slider rails add some structural strength that might be missed.