Thread: HBO's "Luck"

HBO's "Luck"

Anyone else upset that the show got cancelled in the middle of filming its second season?

I thought so much of the first season was spent laying out storylines for season 2 that it's a real loss.

Yes, I agree that animal deaths should be reason to suspend filming but reading about all 3 incidents and how HBO adhered to a standard for animal treatment better than the governing body prescribed was more than cautious.

I'll admit I'm a JONG when it comes to thoroughbred racing but having lived miles from thoroughbred country for years gave me plenty of exposure to the sport and the associated lifestyle - albeit the lifestyle not portrayed in the show (the seedy side). Your thoughts?
    I still call it The Jake.

Hugh Conway Guest
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...hp/234577-Luck

I enjoyed it, like PB, I think the horse deaths gave them a convenient out from the low ratings.

Except the Sopranos and Entourage (which went on way to fucking long) what good show has HBO let run it's course? Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale, John from Cincy long list of shit they've killed off too quick

Completely agree. (and sorry I didn't see the other thread)

I was a late adapter to John from Cincy but also thought that show had legs.

Watching the last episode I wonder if there was some re-editing to try and wrap it all up in the finale.

I will say that the degenerate gambler's card dealing girlfriend may have some potential in some Cinemax late night tv after that ending scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Except the Sopranos and Entourage (which went on way to fucking long) what good show has HBO let run it's course? Deadwood, Rome, Carnivale, John from Cincy long list of shit they've killed off too quick
    Six Feet Under ran its course nicely. I agree, though.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Oz.

I was going to say The Wire, but then remembered that the final season barely got made and they made them cut it to just 10 episodes.

I don't get the three horses deaths excuse. Of all the period pieces, cavalry scenes, Braveheart and such with way more horses in much tougher stunts and conditions how did they lose 3 with simulated racing on a smooth track?

Was the episode where Dennis kills the assassin in the bathroom the last one?

So much potential for great story-lines coming up. Really too bad they killed it.

Oh and Carnivale was brilliant, they fucked that right up in the end.

The new Game of thrones will make up for it, things are happening!
    Last edited by Crampedon; 04-03-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Yeah that was the last one. Pity.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yeah that was the last one. Pity.
    arrrrgh. that's what I was wondering when they cancelled filming and said they'd air the episodes they'd filmed. Oh well - they are giving us Season 5 of True Blood. Because seasons 2-4 weren't shitty enough. Oh, and some Gen Y pablum. Guess that's what people watch because network is so shitty these days.