Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    that video sucks and that guy is an assface.

I tried working with BC.com for a price match once and they would not honor it. Their sole reason for not honoring it was their money back guarantee return policy. I don't support the asshat who smashed the board in the video but I don't have a problem taking BC.com up on their return policy if the item is defective.

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    that video sucks and that guy is an assface.
    yeah!

should break the board in his face next time! sucker a$$hole!

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    REI will flag your account if you try and return big ticket items like boards, bicycles etc regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    REI will flag your account if you try and return big ticket items like boards, bicycles etc regularly.
    So will Brentano's if you take a book into the bathroom.
    I french kissed Kelly Kapowski.

Watched the video on my phone so couldn't see anything about its maker, but assumed it's a viral video made by Evo to try to get BC to change its return policy.

^^^incorrect

Boring is what it is.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I know one or two people that use the Backcountry return policy for an entirely new wardrobe and quiver at the start of each ski season. It certainly isn't right to do that, but if bc.com is willing to offer unconditional returns, there are bound to be some people who work the system.

I have a hard time bringing myself to buy anything from bc.com since they started charging sales tax on orders. I'm sure I'll go back to buying from them once all online retailers start to do that, but for now I would much rather support a retailer that elects not to tack on sales tax to my out of state order.

It's worth it to them to have these policies. They've done the math. It's shitty to abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I know one or two people that use the Backcountry return policy for an entirely new wardrobe and quiver at the start of each ski season. It certainly isn't right to do that, but if bc.com is willing to offer unconditional returns, there are bound to be some people who work the system.

I have a hard time bringing myself to buy anything from bc.com since they started charging sales tax on orders. I'm sure I'll go back to buying from them once all online retailers start to do that, but for now I would much rather support a retailer that elects not to tack on sales tax to my out of state order.
    "We are required to collect sales tax on any order that is being shipped to Utah (UT), Arkansas (AR), or Virginia (VA)."

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I have no hard evidence of this, but I suspect they do. That's why I never return anything used to Backcountry, and will just sell it here or on fleabay instead if I don't need it, don't like the fit, etc.

Sounds like you didn't do enough research on that ski, or should have demo'd it before buying. Why should Backcountry have to eat the loss because of someone's purchasing decisions?
    BC does flag an account if they determine the person is just abusing their policy. And that's a great thing. Their customer service in my opinion is unmatched and it would be unfair if some fucker just buys shit from them, abuses the shit out of it, then returm it after few years to get a new model. This type of return ruins the option of valid returns for others. Thus, it's a great thing that they keep track of purchases and returns on accounts... A friend of mine who used to do marketing consulting for them told me

Sent from my SGH-T889 using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    yeah!

should break the board in his face next time! sucker a$$hole!
    What a fuckin piece of shit. He ruined a perfect brand new board to make his retarded point??? Anyone who has the heart to ruin gear like that doesn't give a fuck about skiing, snowboarding, or any other mountain activity let alone care about small retail shops.. That's why the fuckface censored his fuckin face in the video cause he knows he's being a turd burglar

Sent from my SGH-T889 using TGR Forums

LL Bean has the same deal, lots of kids/dipshits would steal backpacks ect and return them for store credit back in the day. Almost as irritating is the guy who returns 10 year old shoes because the sole is bald. Shitting on a company for standing behind what they sell, why do people insist on trying to ruin a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by lrn2swim View Post
    ^^^incorrect
    Okay, so a video made by one of the other stores mentioned, to encourage bc to change it's policy.

I've returned multiple items to bc.com that don't fit but thats it.

Only time i've ever felt bad about abusing a return was on a bike. I purchased it through performance bike and broke a part of the linkage in the course of normal riding. I went through them to try and get a new part, but they told me GT bikes no longer made the part and then told me to send the whole bike back in. I felt bad, but they told me to do it, so who was I to complain.
    I wear crocs for the style, not the comfort.

Looks like Backcountry has changed their return policy:

"Not stoked on your gear? Looking to return it or make an exchange? No problem. If your new and unused gear just doesn’t fit your needs, we will issue you a full refund. If your gear fails, at anytime, we will also issue you a full credit. No questions asked.

• You can return your new purchase at anytime after purchase

o Products must be in the condition you received them in and the original box and/or packaging

• We do accept used gear – as long as it is received within 90 days of purchase date – and we will issue a credit for full purchase price"

Quote Originally Posted by Besniwod View Post

"Not stoked on your gear? Looking to return it or make an exchange? No problem. If your new and unused gear just doesn’t fit your needs, we will issue you a full refund. If your gear fails, at anytime, we will also issue you a full credit. No questions asked.

o Products must be in the condition you received them in and the original box and/or packaging

• We do accept used gear – as long as it is received within 90 days of purchase date – and we will issue a credit for full purchase price"
    nothing unexpected, rei doesn't do anymore bc.com don't need to!

wondering about the "if your gear fail" as well as de 90 days for used gear, still lots of room for douchebags to abuse the policy!

Quote Originally Posted by Besniwod View Post

Oh yeah, so items like these Patrons that failed on the guy cannot be returned and we will no longer be able to reap the rewards on geartrade:

http://www.geartrade.com/item/309233...85cm-excellent

"Used skis once, on a powder day, only on groomed trails. Buddy pointed it out to me. I couldn't believe ice would do that. Otherwise they are awesome skis thank you."

...no idea why they changed their policy.

I'll miss the sick GearTrade deals. The price countdown made it even sweeter. Cochise Pro 130s for $250. Dynafit Mercuries for $375. Some skis would sit long enough to drop down to 150-200$ for essentially brand new skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    I'll miss the sick GearTrade deals. The price countdown made it even sweeter. Cochise Pro 130s for $250. Dynafit Mercuries for $375. Some skis would sit long enough to drop down to 150-200$ for essentially brand new skis.
    Seconded. Half my gear locker has come straight from Geartrade. The difference in value/quality between the stuff fielded by BC and random folks is not even close.

Their stuff was the only reason to visit gear trade. I just wish there was a better way to filter the other stuff out.

Sucks about the policy, I understand why and it doesn't really affect me as I either return it right away or keep it .

Sent from my XT907 using TGR Forums

I actually don't think geartrade will be impacted too much.

My point was trying to be made through very dry sarcasm which failed.

If you check out those Patrons in the gt ad I linked, they have a huge rip in the base. And I love the quote of "what happened" to warrant them as defective/returnable. And thus we now have a 90 day policy for stuff just like this. Abuse it and lose it.

Lifetime Returns

We guarantee your total satisfaction and offer a world-class warranty. If your new and unused gear just doesn’t fit your needs, we will issue you a full refund. If your gear fails, at anytime, we will also issue a full credit. No questions asked.

Our Return Policy
    so on the homepage of bc they still have the 100% money back guarantee no questions asked. are we sure they changed the policy? i expected at least an email...
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

what does BC charge to mount a pair of skis?

what skis do they demo?

oh right...
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier