Thinking of moving to Jackson, any advice?

So Im at a point in my life that I feel like its do or die in terms of leaving the midwest for better things westward. I really like the vibe, size and just about everything about Jackson Hole. Im looking for advice from people that have or do live up there. I know housing is expensive, but how about food, gas and other necessities? Im coming from the Chicago burbs so Im used to a higher cost of living in terms of gas and food.

Ive been told to look into the Driggs or Victor areas as housing seems to be a lot cheaper. I only worry about driving the pass to Jackson to work and what not. Looks like a 30 minute drive when the roads are clear, but what am I looking at on a snowy day? 1 hour? two hours?

Planning on moving out there with two others so we may be looking for a fourth if any of you mags are down.

Any job hookups?

Housing is expensive, but I can't imagine its much more then it is in Chicago. Other then that, living here is pretty reasonable. Victor and Driggs are great, a huge change-up from the city, and if you ask me, a pain-in-the-ass if you want to work/play on the Wyo side.

There are about to be a ton of jobs opening up as summertime is big business in these parts.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

I drive the pass every day. You'll find a wide range of opinions on it. Many who live in jackson wouldn't ever consider not living on that side, many who live in victor/driggs think the half hour is a small price to pay for a different quality of life found on the Idaho side that some prefer. It comes down to personal preference, there's great people and recreation on both sides of the pass.The slowest i've ever driven over is ~45 minutes, and that can happen just as easily in the summer if you get behind an RV or semi. I'm a big fan of Victor over Driggs, although driggs has a cooler mayor, who is a maggot.

This classified ads can have good housing leads.
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Thanks for the replies, Ive found a few places in the wilson and victor areas. Its amazing the price difference between jackson and those areas! Any other input guys and gals?

So anyone looking for a roommate? I got the job that I was after, and am looking to get out there soon, ie the next two weeks! STOKED!