Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Schralph - I will bring my 15-85mm tomorrow and you can borrow it on your 7D. Sound good?

Also, FYI- I'll likely be selling my Sigma 18-200mm OS HSM lens in the next couple of weeks if anyone's interested... not sure of price yet.

Steve how did that 18-200 compare to the Tammy 18-270?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Also, FYI- I'll likely be selling my Sigma 18-200mm OS HSM lens in the next couple of weeks if anyone's interested... not sure of price yet.
    If its around 200 I'd be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Steve how did that 18-200 compare to the Tammy 18-270?
    Overall, I liked the Sigma better. It's much better built (the Tamron felt cheap to me), focuses significantly faster, and the IQ is about the same. The Sigma just felt like a more solid lens and I never got used to shooting with the Tamron.

Leelau- I'll let you know on price. I was hoping to get a little more than $200, but I honestly have looked to see what it's worth these days.

Ok, I'm going to jump on this thread for some advice. Heading over to Euro land for a month and trying to decide what lenses to bring. My quiver includes Nikon 70-200, 50mm, 35 mm and the 12-24 f/4. Doing the Haute route and I have been debating on what lenses to bring and what lenses to leave behind. I was thinking about bringing the 70-200 and the 12-24 on the route, and leaving the 50mm in a safe place for the other 2 weeks I will be traveling around. The 70-200 is heavy as balls, but with the large large terrain I think that lens would be ideal. Then having the other end with the 12-24 would be nice.

Whatchu guys think??
    is this thing on?

^FF or crop?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

D7000, crop
    is this thing on?

Hugh Conway Guest
    You don't need a big pack to ski the haute route. 30L is fine for what you'll need. Except if you drag around a D7000 w/70-200, 12-24, and a whole bunch of crap, then you'll need a 40L pack or something bigger. And then you'll have to stop and take off your pack more, unless you like skiing with a 70-200 in a chest pack. and whatever group you are with will tire of waiting, so you won't take picture and then we won't get the same pictures everyone takes of the Haute Route.

Yea, I know what pack I'm bringing, I was just asking for people's opinion on what lenses to carry. Thanks though!
    is this thing on?

Hugh Conway Guest
    the opinion is an 18-200 or something you can grab quickly or a p+s and leave the crap at home unless you've a party willing to pose for shots; even then the "big terrain" doesn't necessarily lend itself well to ski shots, it's flattish touring, which is why most TRs never have good ski shots

Leica m6. 35mm cron. Done.

Hugh Conway Guest
    I still like the CL or CLE with a 28mm, 40mm, 90mm