Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Driving 350 miles downstate from college for thanksgiving w/a few buds, took a random exit, crossed the road to the on-ramp, got out to take a piss. [this was the UP, there will be no road trips without beers]. Got home, could not find my ski hat anywhere. Fuck.

Next spring, hitching downstate, got dropped off at a random exit. Started walking down the on ramp, BOOM, there's the ski hat!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

My fucking car key. It is off the ring by itself and I somehow lost it in a three bed apartment. GF and I have spent two hours tearing the place apart with zero luck.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    My fucking car key. It is off the ring by itself and I somehow lost it in a three bed apartment. GF and I have spent two hours tearing the place apart with zero luck.
    A couple summers ago, my wife and I were mountain biking and decided to ride different trails so we split up the truck keys - I took the ignition key, she took the lock remote. I crashed along the way and lost the key, but I didn't realize it until I was back at the truck on a Sunday night at dusk. Wife was less than impressed...

Lost a climbing rope off the top of my car. (Not as bad as my friend who left his passport, credit cards, money, airline tickets on top of his rental car in Italy.)
    Found a rifle, camera, ski mask buried in a pile of leaves outside the house we had just bought.

A rifle camera and ski mask? WTF? What kind of rifle and what was on the camera?

I found a tag watch. Some drunk stranger wandered into my house, greeted the people inside the house, took it off, set it down, then promptly walked out. Weird. Few months later im wearing the thing sitting on a bench on a sidewalk in aspen. For some stupid reason I took it off and set it down on the bench, before wandering off. Came back a few hours later and it was still there.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Yesterday while riding bitch on a jet ski with one of my kids driving, we hit a wave sideways and got thrown. Maui Jim's, adios ($275) bought in Mexico after wife stepped on last pair of Maui Jim's. They lasted 26 months.

Spent all summer as a kid saving up for a camera. Finally got to buy it after I got some extra Christmas cash. Fast forward to that spring and I dropped it off the side of a boat it was probably like 25-30 ft deep but I could see it. I had one of those no-fault protection plans on it, but I had to recover it. Spent three hours swimming in a freezing cold lake before I finally got it.

Spent a similarly cold three hours searching for a brand new ski I lost under the wildcat lift at Alta on a powder day. It had hit the hardpack underneath and traveled a hundred feet under the snow from where I stopped. Had given up and was hiking out when I stepped on it.

I lost an aircraft carrier once but later found it out in the middle of the Atlantic.
    watch out for snakes

I was sitting on the tailgate of my truck in the parking lot drinking a beer at lunch at local ski hill. Looked down and saw something frozen in the ice...a pipe. Kicked it out with the heel of my boot...fully loaded bowl under the ice.

I also found a 5 week old handicapped kitty that I kept till she died 9 years later. Thanks for asking...dick[/tearswipe]

Edit

Oh yeah...I also found a loaded Glock 27 @ Stevens Pass and traded it for a pair of skis on here
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

Oh shit that reminds me, I'm at a car camping spot up at the top of ashcroft valley, high school kids have been known to party there but its pretty uncommon, not their usual spot. My dog starts rooting around in the dirt like hes chasing after some sort of creature, but instead I look down and he has unearthed a glass pipe that somehow has not even gotten much dirt in the bowl, blow it off and smoke that shit. No idea how the dog didnt break it or how it didnt get filled with dirt.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

I had an RD400 in college (UMD) that I parked in the garage of my friend's group house when the plates expired and I had no money to get it tagged again (mainly couldn't afford the insurance.) Fast forward two years and I'm on my way to Vail after getting out of school in December. As I hit the KS/CO line it hit me that I never went back to move the bike, nor did I have any idea about what could have happened to it. My parents flew me back to DC the next summer and I borrowed my Dad's car to go see if the bike was still there - it wasn't. The owner of the house had sold it since nobody was there to claim it.

I found this really geeky, awkward, wonderful girl in a bar we were both working in. She's now my wife of almost 17 years and the mother of our kids.

swimming in a fast flowing but clear creek, in my pocket was my drivers licence, car keys and $10.

after a swear-fest and a few people looking I swam deep and found licence and keys !!!
    gave up on the $10 as I dodged a bullet as it was a long way to anywhere and a seedy place to leave a car.

december 2006, I roll into Fernie only to find that my snowboard gear is gone !!! a snowboard bag jam packed with everything. ice skates, tools, 3 boards 2bindings, all B/C gear, all winter clothes, every-mother-farking-thing I luv'ed vanished ... brutal ... especially when I wanted to ride the next day. thankfully hucken eh sorted me out big time. damn I packed that bag super tight. I'm still in theropy for this.
    We, the RATBAGGERS, formally axcept our duty is to trigger avalaches on all skiers ...

Found these yesterday. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1387971356.899124.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	147209 got the chips read at the vet, turns out they have been picked up missing a bunch of times over the last few months. Returned them and the owner didn't realize they were missing. Now thinking of stealing them back.

Found $680 in the street in sandy ut. Then found the guys wallet with his business card in it. Gave him his cash back.

Sent from my MB886 using TGR Forums
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

I was tearing out a wall in a basement for cash in college and found 100 bucks in old coins and cash plus a stack of black white nudes form the 20's. I probably should have taken the coins into a collector, but I think I blew it on weed instead.

I also recently found a wallet with about 80 bucks, thank god I called the owner because it turned out he was a priest.

My granfather died when I was 7. My mom kept his wallet, as a keepsake of sorts. One year, I think it was 7 or maybe 8 years later, it was a really tight Christmas around the house, my folks were feeling the pinch, not a lot of money for gifts and whatnot.

For some reason I was messing around with my grandpa's wallet, just looking at it, checking it out, and there was a secret pocket behind the main part where you put bills, and there was $800. in there, 8 crispy hundreds. I gave them to my mom and she called it a Christmas miracle. I don't know about that but it was cool.

found a road bike. Some crackhead was walking down the street with it, and threw it into the bushes.

Picked it up, posted on craigslist, local race clubs. Took a while, but eventually found the owner. Didn't want to just bring it into the station, have heard too many stories of evidence "disappearing".

Lost a bike from the roof rack. Pull on to the highway, driver signals to my roof. Open the moon roof, OH SHIT!

trolled the onramp and nearby area, no luck. Went back during the day, and talked to the foreman of the construction area, craiglist, etc. No dice.

Put up some fliers, and got a call from one of the diggers building trench for the project. He had it. Taco'd wheels, dented down tube, but I could recover most of the other parts.

Didn't lose the stuff but when I was a kid my dad picked us up from skiing, seven pairs of skis go in the ski rack. He starts driving down the highway, we hear this godawful noise, he goes oh, SHIT, looking in the rearview as he pulls over. Entire roof rack pulled right out of the station wagon roof, skis all over the highway. He collected them, dodging death in traffic, tossed them inside with us and away we went. Skis were fine.

Another time we were going to Quebec to ski, we had so much shit we had a uhaul trailer. Last thing out of the house my dad grabs the trash to throw out. We stop on the road to get some lunch, he throws the trash in the dumpster, away we go. About a half-hour later I say, dad…what bags did you throw out back there? He goes, all the trash bags. I say, Dad, all the ski boots were in a couple trash bags. Oh, SHIT!. Turned around, went back, he went dumpster diving and retrieved the boots. None the worse for wear.

oh, yeah, left boots in the parking lot the last week of the season.

Found and turned in. Drove back the last day of the season, just enough $$ for gas, not enough for a lift ticket

I bought an ounce of bud once then stopped at the local bar. I took off my coat to shoot some pool and the bag dropped out of my pocket. I'm making my shot when some old guy says, "Hey, I think you dropped something."
    You are what you eat.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    There's no such thing as bad snow, just shitty skiers.