FS: Canon 24-70L

I don't need this thing anymore, so it's for sale! I've had this lens for a few years and have probably only taken 1000 photos with it, so I can't justify having L series glass anymore. The lens is in perfect condition since it's spent 99% of its time sitting in my camera bag, and there's a couple tiny scuffs on the hood. The kind of scuffing you get from setting it down gently on smooth surfaces. I took this thing on one 3-day backpacking trip, and aside from that it has never really been outside.

I have the original box, leather bag, hood, and a UV filter....unfortunately I have no photos since my other camera is a 4x5 (I can take some once my x10 gets here thursday). I'd prefer someone local, but I'm willing to ship if that's not possible. I was thinking $1,100?

I just checked out used prices, I guess $1,000 is a bit more reasonable.

Might be interested. I'll msg you tmrw.

I need to make rent this month, so this thing is going to the used camera store monday or tuesday if someone doesn't pick it up by then.

The 24-70 is a great lens. If you have the $$, buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by supermodel159 View Post
    The 24-70 is a great lens. If you have the $$, buy it.
    Yeah, I've been trying to get away on my hikes with lightweight cheapo non usm prime lenses and then I look at the pictures and I'm always disappointed they don't have the color, contrast, and sharpness of the brick house 24-70.

Sure, it could have IS or a longer range or whatever the next thing is but it's a really quality product that you can use to make stunning pictures.

Great for pro wedding or documentary work. Just a little heavy and expensive if you're scrambling up boulders with your camera tucked into your jacket or something.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

$975 shipped?

is the lens still available?
    hmmm??...ohhhh, where you talking to me? oh...i don't know what you're saying...

It sure is.