Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Your wish is my command...
    That is awesome! I've always wanted to shoot something like it, but just never got around to making the rig (plus I'm not very handy).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie
    Exposure Time 2.5 sec
    The rig must be very stable to get such a sharp shot at 2.5sec (especially given the bumps on road, as evidenced by the bumps in the light streaks). Would love to learn more about the rig as well.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    That is awesome! I've always wanted to shoot something like it, but just never got around to making the rig (plus I'm not very handy).

The rig must be very stable to get such a sharp shot at 2.5sec (especially given the bumps on road, as evidenced by the bumps in the light streaks). Would love to learn more about the rig as well.
    Thanks man. The trick is the car is moving REALLY slowly when shooting these. When they do these for real, and not a MPC, they actually push the cars instead of dive them. Me, being a one man show, it's drive slow and use the remote control to fire the shutter. The waves in the light are due to the bounce in the rig. Since the car is darker, it "evens out" and isn't as noticeable. Since the cam is much closer to the car, the relative motion of the rig (bounce) isn't as much either.
    Last edited by Lonnie; 04-08-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Piers or Lo Presti park? Or something other.... I know it is Eastie or around there.

^^^ Actually just between the two, a little more on the LoPresti side of things tho. I have been thinking about getting the iconic Boston skyline shot from there for a while now and this MPC justified the trip down. Now that I've done it I really want to go back and try again, I've still got a lot to learn about shooting at night...
    Last edited by JayPowHound; 04-08-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Way to go Lonnie. Those are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    ^^^ Actually just between the two, a little more on the LoPresti side of things tho. I have been thinking about getting the iconic Boston skyline shot from there for a while now and this MPC justified the trip down. Now that I've done it I really want to go back and try again, I've still got a lot to learn about shooting at night...
    I've got some pretty epic (IMHO) shots from piers I would be willing to share if you wan to PM me. That area is super dope, especially at sunset.

1. Anchorage earlier tonight - kind of a weird fog keeping the mountains hidden

We've won it. It's going to get better now. You can sort of tell these things.

um, this could be difficult.

last day bump!

Damn, I missed out big time on a very cool subject that I LOVE by hiding out for too long. I just shared this reflection of the Town of Mammoth Lakes and Mammoth Mountain from Saturday night in the Picture of the Day thread...it may not be that urban, but i figure i gotta spread the Mammoth stoke since the Mini Mammoth is happening in less than 2 weeks. Bring your cameras if your are coming to the Mini.